• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the most recent game you got, and is it any good?

I also got pokemon legends arceus the other day and I've been playing it quite a bit. It's actually pretty enjoyable but the dialog could be better and of course the tutorial drags as usual😅 But when the game finally shuts up its really a fun experience!

capsule_616x353.jpg

I recently downloaded Halo Infinite from Xbox Game Pass.A while back 343 Industries took over the Halo franchise from Bungie and their subsequent Halo games weren't quite up to Bungie's standards but with Infinite,I'd say that 343 has finally made a Bungie-worthy Halo game(At least the campaign.I haven't tried multiplayer yet).This game is a lot of fun but I'm not all that crazy about the boss fights.

Among my haul from the eShop before debit/credit card usage is discontinued for the 3DS and Wii U on the 23rd of this month, one of the games I decided to give a chance is Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters. The series had been recommended to me in the past, so I figured I might as well see if it's something I'd enjoy. Consensus seemed to be that Yo-Kai Watch 1 could/might as well be skipped, so I figured I'd just pick that up later if I like this enough.

As for whether it's any good, I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. I'm fairly early in, still before the first upgrade from E to D for the Watch, since I kind of want to befriend Snartle now before he becomes more difficult. There are aspects I like and aspects I dislike.

I think the real world concept of yokai is neat so the concept appeals to me and some of the designs I've seen are cool. I'm more of a turn-based person so the real time combat is taking some getting used to, but while I initially found it off-putting, I'm warming up to it a bit more. There's some good humor too.

My dislikes are currently more numerous. I rather dislike the elements of random chance involved in acquiring yokai, whether it be befriending yokai in the wild (there are two that I'd quite like at the moment but they just never want to join despite giving them their favorite food) or utilizing the Crank-A-Kai (I hate gacha). The childish tone and playing as a fourth grader is kind of off-putting as an adult who is even starting to get tired of high school protagonists in games. The bug catching mechanic feels partly based on timing and partly chance and I'm not crazy about it, but I do it a lot to earn money; can't speak to the fishing minigame since I haven't acquired a fishing rod yet. I'm also not too enthused about the fact that there are three versions of Yo-Kai Watch 2 and if you want to fill out the Medallium then you need to trade to get the version exclusives from Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls; I understand why they did it, but I feel like no matter how much I end up liking the series in the end it will never compare to my affection for Pokémon, so having to either trade or shell out for the other games feels more like a hassle in this scenario.

With all that negative it would seem like I hate it, but I don't, and I'm withholding full judgment until I either beat the game or drop it.

Last edited:
The last game I bought was Kirby and the Forgotten Land. But I haven't played it yet. The game I'm currently playing is Everhood, and I really really like it! ^_^

i got the bayonetta bundle on switch yesterday, got a taste of it but i suuuck at the game haha 😭 i'll try harder though! the story is funky and the character designs are gorgeous (not gonna lie i do that mostly for bayonetta..👁__👁)

I bought Borderlands 3 to play with friends. I got bored and stopped playing about 74% of the way into the story.

back in March i got a second-hand copy of Hamsterz Life 2 for the DS bc I have the first game from when I was a kid. it actually is pretty fun, I got a decent number of hours out of it! I don't see myself playing it regularly anymore though, prob just once in a while like I do with the other hamster game.

The last two games I bought are Kirby and The Forgotten Land and Nintendo Switch Sports, and I've been really enjoying both of them! I'm currently at the last area in Kirby, so will be sad for it to finish!

Stardew Valley on my Xbox One X, I already had it on my Nintendo Switch and played it on there (80 hours), I just wanted it on my Xbox too. Yes, it's very good, very addictive, I spent 3 or 4 hours playing today and it felt like nothing because it's so fun. Starting with a fresh farm gave me a chance to not make some of the mistakes I made in my original farm on the switch when I first started playing it (like when I first started playing a few years ago I didn't know I was supposed to or should save at least one of everything for the community center because it is a pain having to wait another entire in game year for the seasonal stuff you need to complete it)

I also bought Minecraft for my Xbox. I haven't really played it yet though. I played a little of it a long time ago on the Xbox 360. But the digital version of the Xbox One game requires an Xbox Gold membership to actually play the game. I don't have that yet so I can't play it yet, I'll get a membership probably sometime soon though,

During a sale I bought a few Assassin's Creed games on the Nintendo Switch, I haven't played them yet but I do enjoy open world RPGs so I'm looking forward to trying them out

Kirby and the Forgotten Land. My goodness, do I love this game! Despite the cute art style, it's definitely not a baby game-- it's a fun challenge, if anything. Even the enemies are adorable (as usual). The Beast Pack might sound like a protein shake, but they sure pack a punch. I am so here for it, kings, queens, and themperors. :coffee::love:💅

I got the Switch version of the original Shantae and Risky’s Revenge. I already have nostalgia for the Risky’s Revenge, so playing the original is an interesting experience. The game is held back by the system it was made for. Running and attacking are mapped to the same button, meaning you’ll often do something you didn’t intend to. The large sprites also create serious screen crunch. I have to walk to get around or else I run into an enemy I didn’t see. It’s a shame since the game is a technical marvel for the Gameboy Color. If it weren’t for those two issues this would be among my top five games on the system.

As for Risky’s Revenge, it’s as great as I remember. Now that I’ve played video games for 12 years I actually have the skills to make progress.

I recently got ibb & obb, and I like it. I play it with my mom, and sometimes it takes us pretty long to solve the puzzles. I think 15€ is a bit expensive for what you get, but I would still recommend it for people who like co-op games.

I bought Mario Strikers: Battle League, and it's really good! It's similar in terms of gameplay to the original Super Mario Strikers, except with more in-depth controls and abilities. Even though there isn't much do to single player-wise outside of the Battle Cups, I've been having a bunch of fun with it. Really happy to finally have another Mario Strikers game, lol

the last thing i bought was the survivors of the void expansion/dlc to risk of rain 2, and so far it's enjoyable! more of the same, which isn't a bad thing, considering how great the base game is

Back