What's something you were never into but now are?

Corrie

Let the sun shine in!
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
White Hyacinth
Mother's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
White Cosmos
What's something you were never into before but now are crazy about?

I never cared much about fashion and clothing, shoes, etc growing up. Even as a teenager I never cared. Now in my late twenties, I really like buying clothes and many shoes, planning outfits together.

Skincare and general pampering. I don't have a crazy routine or anything, but I definitely cared less about applying anything on my skin when I was younger compared to now (aging will do that to you, I guess). I can't leave the house without sunscreen and I go through way more body scrubs and oils than before.

I'd have to say gaming... again.

I lost interest in it as a teenager and young adult, and then when ACNH came out I thought that would be it for me in terms of gaming in general, but after discovering other games like Stardew Valley it reignited my love to discover more and on other platforms as well. I bought a Xbox Series S back in November and I now play on it most nights and can't wait to explore more games in the near future.

Growing Up I had never heard of the k pop group BTS. And now, I can say I am an expert on BTS stuff and the 7 members of BTS. I really got into them in August of 2020 and I am still a fan of theirs as of now.I want to know about BTS. DM Me.

until i was 14, i didn’t care about music at all with the exception of some video game music. i started listening to pop/alternative/rock and now i want to a musical instrument which is something that younger me would have never thought of doing.

Taxes. Getting socks for presents. Taking naps.

I'm kidding. I was just trying to think of the most stereotypical adult stuff. I don't know...probably just gardening. It's kind of fun, I get to be outside, and it's nice to be able to take from the effort I put in. I'm always thinking of new ideas or some new project. Like I really want to grow a strawberry field.

Vegetables, hah!!

I was always a very picky eater, even into my early 20s. But after learning how to cook via one of those weekly dinner subscriptions, I am now open to a lot more food in general, especially vegetables. I never knew I would actually enjoy eating vegetables. Broccoli, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, green beans, bok choy, cauliflower, carrots... It's all goooood

Cooking. I’m not crazy about it but it is necessary for survival. Also, my mom is planning to leave on vacation soon; so I’ll have to feed my nephew, Dad, and myself for a while. Haha.

Two things:

I was never really into music aside from some video game stuff until about my late teen's-early 20's. My friend then showed me this song...
...which pretty much spearheaded my interest in power metal and metal music in general. Sometime later, a few years down the road, thanks to another friend, I got into a lot of 60's psych/folk rock and 70's prog rock. After that I started to explore music on my own and I've never looked back!

A bit later, after a bad psychedelic experience, I somehow got interested in reading. I figured sci fi and fantasy would be what I was most interested in and so, started The Wheel of Time series. Sometime later though I lost interested cause I suffered another mental breakdown. As my mental health fluctuated through the years, so did my interest in reading, however, now that I'm finally mostly stable the interest has been constant. I'm now on book 6 of TWoT series and hope to stick it through this time!

Surprisingly, horror movies. Not the ones that are non-stop gore and jumpscares while taking themselves seriously, as those still make me uneasy and I shy away from them. I watched The Cabin in the Woods in mid-2022 and was surprised to find that I didn’t mind the scary parts because of the comedic elements. My brother convinced me to watch Scream at the beginning of this month, as it’s notorious for making fun of itself. I loved it, and we watched the entire series in the span of a week just in time for Scream 6. So far, we’ve also watched Scary Movie and Ready Or Not, both of which are made enjoyable by the humor thrown in (especially the latter). I am an absolute wimp when it comes to scary things so I consider this a win. 😅

Last edited:
The fact so many people have the same experience with music is so interesting, to be fair though I think my sister blaring music and singing horribly made it just seem annoying etc. for me!
Also going to second vegetables- but it was less hating them and more “other kids say they’re gross so they must be, not interested”.

I don’t exactly game in general anymore, but I’ll toss fighting games on the list. I really enjoyed them for two years there lol. Heck I enjoyed Smash a lot for a while but I don‘t consider it a traditional fighting game so it’s not what I’m talking about.

Here’s a good one: nonfiction books. I always liked books but as a kid it was the YA fantasy type, dragon stuff, Deltora, Ga’Hoole- funny enough no Warrior Cats. Now my favorites are often from someone who has studied and become expert in a field sharing analogies etc- interior design is really fun to look through, and travel books can be fun. My taste in books has come to largely exclude high fantasy lol…

also cooking books… tho I always liked cooking itself

Uhh.. the one thing I can think of right now is lipstick. It feels really minute to say, haha.

I've always been into makeup but as far as lipstick, I was just into lip balms. I think only recently after college, I started to enjoy matte lipstick in vampy or terracotta shades. They're so much fun to wear.

I never really cared for My Singing Monsters, I even chose to stay away from it.
But I’m March 2022, I found a YouTube video of the full song of Plant Island and said to myself “Okay, but don’t get hooked into it” little did I know was I found a new interest.
Now I get excited every Wednesday if something new comes to the game as it adds something to a song on a specific island, with some hit and misses.

Now, will I ever actually get to play the game is a different story, one day I will. I’m just scared of spending money on diamonds constantly.
Post automatically merged:

Spicy foods. I used to have a serious aversion to even a small amount of heat in my meals, but over the last couple years I've developed an appreciation for different peppers and spices and love when food leaves me with a tingly tongue.
That too

Honestly a lot of things, mostly involving my interests. I was a very stubborn child and didn't wanna 'conform' to whatever things my dad introduced me to, but at some point I decided to give these interests a chance and I don't regret it at all.

To be honest, I don't think I even had a good reason to dislike metal music back then. However, I started listening to System of a Down recently and I absolutely love their music. Of course, I've known about this band before, but the only songs I knew were Toxicity and Chop Suey!. Now I've listened to at least 30 of their songs, probably enough to properly establish favorites. (Deer Dance, B.Y.O.B., Violent [Redacted], and I-E-A-I-A-I-O.) I'm hoping to be open to more bands someday, like Metallica and AC/DC.
I was never really a fan of anything with mature themes, even as recent as last year. According to my dad, I've been watching SP since I was a baby and I couldn't stand all the dark / toilet / adult humor as a kid (with good reason, I'd say), which is why I hated it so much. But a few months ago, I decided to watch the show. We had Paramount+ for that very reason, so why not? Well, I'm on season 21 (out of 26) now and thoroughly enjoyed the movie (South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut), as well as the series as a whole. I find that SP is a really smart and political show with meaningful hidden messages that are easy to see once you look past all the violence and swearing and adult jokes.
My dad first introduced me to the series when I was 8 with A Link to the Past, but I didn't play it for long and couldn't get into it. Eventually when I was 12, I finally played Breath of the Wild after many persuasions from my dad to try the game. Now that was my proper introduction to the Zelda series. Once I played enough BotW, I moved onto Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, since I have both of them on my Wii. Then I got a 3DS for Christmas later that year and got Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D . . . The list goes on. But yeah, I don't know why I didn't play the games sooner, now that TLoZ is one of my favorite video game franchises ever.

Aside from anything related to my interests, I would say coffee and camo pants. Obviously kids shouldn't be having caffeine (and most parents wouldn't allow it, I'd think) at a young age, but I first tried coffee at 12 and I found it disgusting. It's still not the best drink in my eyes (I'm more of a tea person), but now coffee isn't that bad to me either.
Camo wasn't really my style back then, but I got a pair of camo pants when I was in the 4th grade and I liked them. I still prefer simple and solid-color clothing, but I have a few camo pants and sweaters that I wear regularly. It's a nice and simplistic look on everyday clothing that I wear all the time.

This might come as a shock to some, but birds.

It's not that I didn't like them before, as I've always loved animals in general. But birds used to be more "in general" than a specific interest of mine. Something I liked casually, would laugh at cute videos of, but never invest myself in too much. But quite a few years ago, my mother decided she wanted to raise birds as a hobby, so she was given a breeding pair by another family member. One of their offspring was a runt who probably would have died without our intervention, so my maternal instincts kicked in and I ended up bottle feeding and taking care of it, and thankfully that bird is still alive and with me today.

Anyway, that experience opened my eyes to how fascinating birds are physiologically, how charming their mannerisms are, and how loving and compassionate they can be towards their owners. So now, even when I see birds while on walks or when exiting the store or wherever, I find myself prone to just watching them. When I'm stressed, I sometimes like to just go outside and sit and watch them build nests, feed their families, or do whatever else. They're just wonderful animals, and I don't know why it took me so long to appreciate them so deeply.

Pixel art and how to make video games/coding are probably the biggest ones I can think of.
When I was a kid, I was really into drawing (and lost interest due to very unsupportive adults) but never really thought about doing pixel art. I wish I had thought about it.

Playing solitaire games with playing cards and an interest in trying to grow vegetables and learning how to do random things on Youtube are smaller things.

I never really cared for My Singing Monsters, I even chose to stay away from it.
But I’m March 2022, I found a YouTube video of the full song of Plant Island and said to myself “Okay, but don’t get hooked into it” little did I know was I found a new interest.
Now I get excited every Wednesday if something new comes to the game as it adds something to a song on a specific island, with some hit and misses.

Now, will I ever actually get to play the game is a different story, one day I will. I’m just scared of spending money on diamonds constantly.
Post automatically merged:

That too
:eek: I played that game because I thought it was hilarious and I just wanted to see more of it and it was free. I ended up really liking the game but the music would get stuck in my head so bad... I was even dreaming about the music for days, so I will never again touch that game. I really like the bigfoot guy, and I had a sloth skin on him.

Punk music. As a teenager I thought it was just "noise". I can't remember exactly how it went, but in my early 20s I was introduced to the band Streetlight Manifesto, which was what I would have previously considered "noise" in many aspects, except they had (well, still have!) a trumpet, trombone, saxophone section. At that time I was in love with the genre called "Brass Rock" (like Chicago, Blood, Sweat & Tears and many more obscure ones) and thus, that intrigued me. I also found the writing for the trumpet/trombone/saxophone section in Streetlight Manifesto to be very high in quality.

So I came to like Streetlight Manifesto. From there, I got used to the Punk style, and came out appreciating not just Ska Punk but also plain Punk, and even the Pop Punk I hated back in my teens. Lol.

Take any genre, give it a good trumpet/trombone/saxophone section with great written parts and maybe I'll turn out liking it. =P Country, Metal, Christian Rock, etc.,etc. take note. xD

Back