What's Bothering You?

It’s almost 1am and I physically cannot sleep. I can never sleep when I really really need to. And I’m still chapped that I bought 10 mushrooms and none of them changed, I never take big chances like that and even though it’s stupid and not real it still kinda gets to me that it couldn’t have paid off just once. 😮‍💨

don't know why but I feel, like, physically unwell this morning. maybe the combination of stress and inclement cold weather really isn't doin it for me 🥲

I do feel less stressed compared to yesterday, there were just some thoughts about the future and other things that were bothering me and I basically have them figured out (or at least, put at ease) now. so that's nice 💜 it just sucks when there's so much to think about and process, but no time to do so. I was at work basically all day, so once I got home and had a chance to decompress I was fine. I love my job but work kinda sucks sometimes ngl.

I'm sorry you've had to deal with this. I understand being bullied in school. I was always told it would stop, but it never did. It just hurt being told that things will get better and throughout all of my school years, it never improved. I will not tell you things will get better. Unfortunately, the teachers trying to help aren't doing the right things. Just saying "they'll talk to them" or ask them to stop is not the correct way to go about it. I personally hate the way schools handle bullying. Teachers need to go directly to the parents and let them handle it. Bullying was an issue back when I was in school and it seems like its only gotten worse. I've witnessed myself a few kids on a school bus yell at some man walking "ugly fat man" when he had a little weight to him. This was only a few months ago! It's sad that these kids think it makes them cool. The parents aren't aware because teachers refuse to tell them, wanting to play the hero. As a result, the kids aren't getting in trouble so it keeps happening.

People will pick on you for the most obscure things because they see someone as an easy target. They knew it bothered me and they enjoyed seeing my reaction. The best way to counter this is to not give a reaction. It probably won't stop it completely, but it will minimize how much the bullying happens. I assure you they know it bothers you, and they enjoy seeing you react the way you do. Personally, the bullying didn't stop for me until after I graduated. It didn't happen nearly as often in high school for me, but it still happened. I did, however, transfer school districts at the start of high school so that likely played a part. I've been happier since I graduated because people know how to act like adults and not bully people. It seems like this is really taking a toll on your mental health. Is there a way you can transfer to another school district? It may give you a fresh start and you would be able to establish yourself as someone who doesn't let it bother you.

I'm not an advocate for changing yourself, especially for kids that can't act right but not letting things bother you is a good skill to have. It's easier to establish that in a place nobody knows you, like a new school. I know this is way easier said than done. I've cried a fair share of times at jobs I didn't like, and it only had to do with bullying one time. However, that is the one instance that stood out to me. Kids need to understand that bullying can impact people long into adulthood. Things aren't just fun and games.

I know the people of the forum enjoy your presence. You are an amazing person and I admire how hard you try in school. My grades weren't nearly half as good as yours. That shouldn't define a person, but it does show how hard you work despite what you must be going through each day. I respect your decision if you do want to take a break, but I know that I and a lot of others will miss you. You are an important piece to the forums. I hope you know how amazing you are.

I've been doing a lot better lately, things are going good but... stuff always pops up idk. I'm better at handling things now, idk if I have anxiety or something (I've never been diagnosed), I think I have stuff figured out and yet somethings that I cannot change (most of the time relating to my future) scare me or make me uneasy for no reason.
Still I feel so much better and I feel a bit bad for using this place to vent sometimes, but I'll just have to keep going I suppose...

Last edited:
I basically just had a breakdown because I'm so stressed and overstimulated and in a state of physical discomfort right now, but even then I feel like I'm overreacting. Ever since I was young, I was told by adults that I couldn't feel certain ways (tired, stressed, etc.) because I'm just a kid and don't deal with "real" problems yet. I know this is untrue because I have dealt with some pretty distressful situations as a child, but there's always the voice in the back of my head that says I'm overreacting or that I shouldn't be acting/feeling this way. I can't talk to anyone about my current problems, because it's either too personal for me to wanna share or I feel like people just won't care/listen. I wanna sleep, but I got **** to do and I can't avoid my problems forever. I feel lost and alone and I don't know what to do.

why must cars be so expensive? i've been looking for a decent used car and the cars that would usually have been in my price range are now like over 20 grand. guess i'll just keep running the one i have until the wheels fall off.

I will never not be furious that my dad pressured me into going to college and getting myself into $26.6k debt. because I know damn well that he's not gonna help me pay any of that off. he's broke as hell, always has been and always will be. so here I am, a young adult trying to get my life in order and start new. and my first student loan payment is coming this month, graduated, starting at about $185. it's so stupid, it's just gonna make my life more complicated and make finances more annoying for me over the next 10+ years.

I just don't even want to think about it. I went to college to study  music. and I'm in over $26,000 worth of debt after four years. probably one of the stupidest things I could've possibly done with my life honestly. cause now I'm not even sure what I want to do with that degree, I've been thinking about joining a local symphony but I'm sure there are people who are much better than I am and I'll always end up getting shoved back. I kinda don't have the willpower right now to push for success. I have too many other things that have taken priority in my life right now. it's just a sucky situation.

edit: not to mention, unless you're a teacher (which is not what I studied in college, or intend to become), or some really hot-shot bigwig musician, you're not gonna make a living playing music. I'll still have to work a job outside of that. so what's the point anyways? what was the point in putting myself in so much debt for a music degree?? it's asinine.

edit again: oh also, I'm getting reeeeally tired of constantly gaslighting myself into thinking I'm a horrible person with cruel/creepy/weird intentions. I don't even know when or why that started. it's just so hard to know what's true and what isn't, especially since I obviously can't read minds.

Last edited:
I dunno man. I don’t know what I’m looking for now. This break hasn’t really been helpful since my dad ruined it, and I feel like a bad partner. I still feel hurt by my bf making honest mistakes. I’ve just been really depressed. My dad did that at the worst possible time.

YouTube is also recommending me some things about building disasters and I hate how much they leave to the imagination. I don’t know why I clicked them. They became a rabbit hole. However right now I lack the energy to do much except for watch things. I stopped clicking those but they harrowed me.

I miss when I was excited about video games. It occupied me with clear goals which I generally lack.

I miss a lot of old stuff. YouTube also recommended me a sleep paralysis video and it reminded me of an ex who had it. I don‘t understand why it’s making such uncanny timed recommendations.

I will never not be furious that my dad pressured me into going to college and getting myself into $26.6k debt. because I know damn well that he's not gonna help me pay any of that off. he's broke as hell, always has been and always will be. so here I am, a young adult trying to get my life in order and start new. and my first student loan payment is coming this month, graduated, starting at about $185. it's so stupid, it's just gonna make my life more complicated and make finances more annoying for me over the next 10+ years.

I just don't even want to think about it. I went to college to study  music. and I'm in over $26,000 worth of debt after four years. probably one of the stupidest things I could've possibly done with my life honestly. cause now I'm not even sure what I want to do with that degree, I've been thinking about joining a local symphony but I'm sure there are people who are much better than I am and I'll always end up getting shoved back. I kinda don't have the willpower right now to push for success. I have too many other things that have taken priority in my life right now. it's just a sucky situation.

edit: not to mention, unless you're a teacher (which is not what I studied in college, or intend to become), or some really hot-shot bigwig musician, you're not gonna make a living playing music. I'll still have to work a job outside of that. so what's the point anyways? what was the point in putting myself in so much debt for a music degree?? it's asinine.

edit again: oh also, I'm getting reeeeally tired of constantly gaslighting myself into thinking I'm a horrible person with cruel/creepy/weird intentions. I don't even know when or why that started. it's just so hard to know what's true and what isn't, especially since I obviously can't read minds.
I remember how bad your father was to you about money. It’s his fault that he’s bad with money, and then he pressures you to give him your money. If I were in that situation, I would put my foot down and leave.

My father wasn’t good either. Well he was good until 2019, when he betrayed our family by cheating on my mother. And now, he’s way worse off than he was before he cheated on mom. He’s also worse off than we are.

me: why the hell am i so sleepy this week. why am i so cold. why am i always hungry. why am i-

airbnb host: "hi! just wanted to let you know we found a thyroid medication prescription with your name on it in our unit you rented out two weeks ago, law says that we can't ship this medication over the border, im so sorry!"

me: yep. okay. yeah. makes sense. everything makes sense.

Back