• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What would you do...

What would you do if your save file corrupted, destroying your town?

• Total voters
I would be very upset and frustrated and probably quit for a bit, but eventually I think I would make a new town

Honestly, I'm not sure what I would do! ACNL is the first game I've played in this series so I would be heartbroken if something like that happen to my little town of Eden. When Katt left without warning I didn't play for weeks. The thought of losing my entire town, villagers, items and accomplishments may prove to overwhelming to start over!

I'd probably drop the game for a few weeks or months and then go back to it and cry lol.

well I would cry like a baby then curse in every known and unknow language and then restart again ^_^

Last edited:
I would probably take a short break until I eventually would start over. Tbh for me it might be a blessing in disguise if my town corrupted simply because I've been on the fence about resetting for a while, but I'm too attached to my villagers to go through with it. If I had to restart I now have a better understanding about maps, villager plot resetting, landscaping, and where to place my cafe and other unbreakable PWPs so my town could actually be what I want it to be, not what it has to be because of terrible choices I made when I was younger.

So many people are saying "create a save file backup". HOW do I create one for New Leaf without deleting the game? Going into data mangement just says that it can't be backed up.

Last edited:
So many people are saying "create a save file backup". HOW do I create one for New Leaf without deleting the game? Going into data mangement just says that it can't be backed up.

Either hack your 3ds, and install a save manager program on it, or buy the action replay powersaves from datel.

Last edited:
if my file corrupted i would take a really long break then when i felt like i could come back i'd just start over. i wouldnt really have a choice, there's nothing to do about a corrupted file other than to start fresh.

My cousin deleted my original, so I kinda did naughty cheaty things to create a town I liked more... and, you know, it worked... I absolutely adore my town--- but I also just really love new leaf and have owned more copies of this game than is really rational xD; If any of my files corrupted or were deleted permanently, I'd probably cry a bit, sigh, and say "oh well, whatever, I'll figure out a way to make this one even better..."

I'd start over. It happened to me on Wild World, so I have experience (unfortunately haha). I also knowingly restarted on New Leaf a while back. Honestly, there's something kind of relieving about stuff like this happening on games. All of those little things you wish you did differently when you started (town layouts especially) can now be changed, and with the update, it's easier to get your favorite villagers back too.

I'd be pretty sad and probably not play for a few weeks and then come back with a fresh town.

I'd probably take a short haitus to mourn my lost town and then start over. I love the game too much to quit.

I know I would eventually return to the game, but I would have to take a verrrrry long break, tbh. My current town is the most developed one I've ever made, and I've had the game since release/probably over 10 towns. I would be crushed if I lost it. I feel so bad for people who have had this happen to them!

I'd probably be upset, given that I've put a lot of time and effort into my town, but I would restart. Since you can scan amiibo cards to move villagers in now after the update, I could easily get all my villagers back anyway, and that's the main thing for me. Having to lay ALL those paths again would be annoying though. -.-

I'd probably cry about it for a couple of weeks and then start over.

Back