• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What would you do if you had heaps of free time?

Holly...

Bells
Switch
0581-4952-7801
Pear (Fruit)
Leif
Hey all! So I've graduated high school, and I'm left with months of free time until university starts. (It's so strange not to have constant homework anymore...) I exercise and practise Japanese every day, I have a YouTube channel, and I like to keep the house tidy, but I'm not sure what else to do! I don't have friends, and my family is at work / school all day.

What would you do in my situation?? There are so many days to fill!

Oh - I do have a job, but I only work part-time.

I kind of mostly just worked on myself/did the things I couldn't do the entire year since I was busy with school so much. So my schedule was pretty much gym twice a day/go check out places I was curious about/catch up on my tv shows/games or hang out with gf(now ex) and friends.

I'd -- if I had a membership -- go to the gym. I'd read a helluva lot. I'd write more. I'd study things I like. I'd play more vidya.
That's about it, really. I watch YouTube, go on the internet and use Tumblr and TBT, etc. all the time.

i would probably do nothing but uhh you kinda want suggestions so ??? maybe try finding a new hobby, get a part time job or something, study a little so youre prepared for university or uh become a pinterest mom but without the mom part

Work more on my book.

Edit: I'm sorry, I just noticed that you're looking for suggestions. I'm used to posts asking in general. lol

I think you're keeping pretty busy with what you're currently up to, but you could always try a new hobby. Just think about things you like to do and go from there. Maybe you could try to improve something that you're not that good at or actively research for college (for whatever you plan to go to university for).

Last edited:
It would depend on how much money I had to blow.

If I had money to spare, I'd probably take a lot of trips up to NYC (as it's only 2 hours by train from me) and walk around and shop. I'd probably also buy some new games and get invested in them.

If I didn't have the money, I'd probably enjoy sleeping in, cooking nicer meals, window shopping, be invested or restart games I already own.

Reading books
Watching films
Cooking/baking
Writing
Picking up a new language
Planning a trip

I already do have plenty of free time at the moment.

And you know what I do with it?

I laze around. LOL

I would travel all over the world and do photography...thats basically my dream for life right there honestly

Video games + Video games.

Oh and reading. Honestly I wish time could stop just to allow me to read more books. I always feel that when I read books I just end up wasting time that could be used for studying. I want to just relax and read A Name of the Wind already!

Last edited:
- sleep
- travel, visit my relatives
- continue learning japanese and spanish
- work part-time--i don't like working during the school year so i look for a job in the summer to earn some $$ but employers don't want employees who just work for the summer )):
- swim
- play acnl and stardew valley
- check out more tv shows and movies

Check TBT. Write my personal statement.

Whoops. Should probably get back to that.

During the summer when I wasn't in university I would work full time. Books and classes are expensive, and if I want to go out I need cash.

Now that I am done school, I just work full-time 8-4. I'll go home, cook, clean, get ready for the next day and when that's all done I veg in front of the TV and crochet or knit

Seems like you're doing enough things people expect you to do, so I'd say you should use this rare chance at this amount of free time to just enjoy your life. Just do something because you want to do it, not because it leads anywhere. Do something dumb that makes you happy, before the adult world comes crashing down on you.

Back