• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Welcome amiibo villagers ping to move out?

Thank you, Senshi! ^_^

There is hope after all.
1 down. 6 to go.

I am in shock.

After 5 months of only my 3 non amiibo's pinging me to move, my scanned in Mathilda JUST pinged to move.

I gladly bid her farewell!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
That's great! Hopefully the rest will be quicker.

Lesson learned from this thread: If you want an amiibo villager just get one or two that you ABSOLUTELY LOVE so you don't screw your town. Guess if I get an NFC reader the only villager I'll get is Fang and leave the others for the RVs.

I couldn't believe it.

I was so stoked, I forgot what day she's moving!

Just covered my town in ugly qr patterns, so nobody moves anywhere I don't want them to. ^_^

I'm glad to hear that one of your unwanted villagers finally pinged...and it looks like the case is closed! My hypothesis is proven. But still...5 whole months...Nintendo shouldn't have programmed the cards to be so damn loyal. :p

I'm glad to hear that one of your unwanted villagers finally pinged...and it looks like the case is closed! My hypothesis is proven. But still...5 whole months...Nintendo shouldn't have programmed the cards to be so damn loyal. :p

I just read that a villager can decide not to go on moving day.
Crikey... that wouldn't be too good. :(

I just read that a villager can decide not to go on moving day.
Crikey... that wouldn't be too good. :(

Yep happened to me. Only a few times. Seems to not be common. Also don't talk to her again in case she changes her mind again that way

I'll try not to. She keeps pinging me, and I bolt past her.
That would indeed be a cruel twist if she stayed. :-|

I'll try not to. She keeps pinging me, and I bolt past her.
That would indeed be a cruel twist if she stayed. :-|

Yes, just ignore her. Never speak to her again!

I once made the mistake of speaking to an unwanted villager who was moving out and they were all: "well, I've decided to stay, aren't you happy?"

Noooooooooo!

Yesterday, I actually watched Wolf Link ping to move out live on Twitch. Sadly, I don't think this proves much because the town in question had nothing but amiibo move ins. :/

Yesterday, I actually watched Wolf Link ping to move out live on Twitch. Sadly, I don't think this proves much because the town in question had nothing but amiibo move ins. :/

The only thing this could prove is that an all-amiibo town might ping to move like a normal town. But idk how long that streamer had Wolf Link in for, so we can't say for sure.

Amiibo Mathilda just told me she was JOKING about moving and that she will never leave.
I lost an ENTIRE DAYS WORK because I had to turn off without saving, and talk to her again, to make her say she's still leaving.

It was bad enough being stuck for five months with 7 amiibo's, but to say she wasn't moving! O_O

I was just about to delete my game, if I couldn't RE-talk her into leaving. :(

Back