• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was your hardest villager to make?

OctoLiam

[Insert user title here]
Bells
Switch
1064-9370-6923
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Blue Star Fragment
New Horizons Token
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Red Rose
Red Candy
I was wondering what some people thought who was hard to make their house good and not bad. Please leave your hardest one was and why. like maybe you had not much of what they want. I am curious about this topic.

Frank’s... His is my worst one so far, poor little guy just wanted to feel big but I was totally uninspired by his request and just put out the things he likes so he’d be happy and figured I’d change it eventually.

I used to be stuck in the mentality that a house should look like a house, so any request that was like "I want a garage, or a shop" I struggled with at first. I think it was Cesar who wanted an automotive shop and I thought all the furniture was ugly and it wasn't really a home. But now I'm over that so I don't feel reigned in or stuck. But sometimes I just don't really feel inspired, or what I'm going for just isn't working. I remember spending forever on the second shop, what I wanted wasnt working with the layout and I redid it a bunch of times. Also I think it was Rocket who wanted a super hero secret hideout and that one just wasn't clicking for some reason.

Lottie. I know, I know. But she gives such a good request and I can only use lovely furniture and a few other items! It's extremely frustrating that I want to creativeness to flow yet I can just set down the Lovely Set!

Gayle. It took me about an hour to make up my mind with all the cute stuff in her house lol.

Last edited:
A bunch of the one color house themes s t r e s s e d me out completely.
I like to mix things up, so anytime I got one of those, I had to match it or it would throw me off completely.

Marshal.

He’s my favourite villager so I had lots of ideas but none ended up looking good lol

I think the hardest houses for me to design were the themes I really could care less for. It felt like I was wrestling with a toddler who was throwing a temper tantrum, "I don't WANNA make a house based off of STUPID THINGS like SNOWMEN."

I want to do every villager though so I can have all of the furniture. I also don't want to design a house lazily.
What a challenge, though, finding the right moment to do these houses which I eventually had to do.

Back