• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What was your childhood game?

hmm... I didn't really spend a lot of time with games until I was a bit older, not really a child anymore. but I guess tween/teen still counts. ~__~

though I do have many fond memories with some SNES games, being Yoshi's Island, A Link to the Past and Mystic Quest. I was young and not too good at video games, so I kinda just stumbled around and appreciated the music and such.

I played Mario Party 2 and 3 a lot.
then later, Paper Mario. Paper Mario was the first game I played and finished allllllllll by myself. no help. not even from the internets. and I played it over and over and OVER. I still play it about once a year... it's one of my fave games ever.

... OH. Pokemon Silver too. OHHHHHHHHHH MAN. the amount of time I spent playing that game. so many memories. Pokemon Stadium 2 ensured I stay addicted for longer than I should have, maybe. :'>

Last edited:
I have a few childhood games I remember.

One of them was Sonic the Hedgehog. I had a Mega Collection that had a whole bunch of Sonic games.

I played some PC games too, and one of the favorites that I always played that I really wanna go back to is Hamsterball. That's a really good and fun game c:

Secret of Mana. The game of my life.

That game is the reason I even got into making up stories and roleplaying and all that.

PS1
  • the original Spyro trilogy
  • Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
  • Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
  • Einh?nder
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Tomba
  • Namco Museum
  • Cotton
  • Bubble Bobble
PC
  • The Sims 1 and 2
  • Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2
  • Dinosaur World
  • Many other educational games online that had to do with ecology and palaeontology

Don't know what games but here are some games that i played when i was young:

Lego Racers

Definitely one of the best games that i played.

Harry potter 1-2

i know that when i was young i couldn't play the game so i played the game with my mother.

Gosh, I had so many :')

The Sims 2 (DS) was definitely one, and The Simpsons Road Rage!!
I also loved Tomb Raider: Legend, The Dog Island and Bugz & Taz: Timebusters lol

I didn't really get into gaming into I was quite a bit older but I do remember having those educational computer games. The ones that stick out are a Reader Rabbit game I had as well as The Cluefinders; specifically The Cluefinders 4th Grade Adventure: Puzzle of the Pyramid and The Cluefinders 5th Grade Adventure: The Secret of the Living Volcano. I know they sound super lame and thinking about it they probably were but I loved playing them. I must have played those games hundreds of times to the point where I could complete all three in one sitting. They certainly weren't bad games and for something to teach little kids about patterns and colours and math and other educational stuff it was certainly engaging.

I probably would play these games again for the sheer nostalgia of it. I am in my last year of my bachelor's degree so it would be interesting to see if I am still capable of breezing through those games a la Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader. To be honest I could imagine having some trouble with the math portions that aren't basic mental math (there were questions that involved converting units of measurement, something I have never ever been good at).

I also vaguely remember "helping" my parents play the first 2 Myst games but by helping it was more that I got to click things while they did all the puzzle solving. Though I did grow into the series and completed the third and fourth games in the Myst series on my own. I would certainly play those again and am planning on it when I actually have free time and I am not playing Inquisition.

I had a few that I would call 'childhood games'.

My biggest was probably Pokemon though (R/B + G/S). Like many, I was a kid when Pokemon initially came to the West, so I was caught up with what everybody called 'Poke-mania' at the time...I miss those days.

One of the first games I really remember falling in love with was Warcraft III a real time strategy. My favorite of that kind, ever. I was super into the campaign and story and took pride in each battle. Some levels could honestly take so long but that was the type of gameplay I loved and still do. And the online custom games people made were so creative! There were general team based games, roleplay games, and even a murder mystery game that I remember! That one was so much fun. It was crazy all the games people came up with and spent so much time on making and updating. It was definitely the first game I remember staying up all night playing when I was in middle school.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gosh, I had so many :')

The Sims 2 (DS) was definitely one, and The Simpsons Road Rage!!
I also loved Tomb Raider: Legend, The Dog Island and Bugz & Taz: Timebusters lol

Ok you just gave me flashbacks. I went HARD for simpsons road rage!! Totally forgot about it. I played that game endlessly and it's one of my favorites ever.

Pokemon Sapphire and Harvest Moon MFoMT!! I was literally with my GBA all the time omg I even remember having a notebook with cheats/tips/other stuff about those two games lmao and I used to play a lot of (forgot the complete titles tbh) Shrek, Sonic, and WWE Wrestlemania on PS2 with my sister and cousins eheh

weeeew childhood lol brings back memories tbh

Street Fighter II was my childhood obsession. Yatta!

My mom use to make me and my brother sit in her friends house for hours at a time, but they had a SNES with Street Fighter II, Mario Kart and Super Metroid. I was too scared to play Metroid and my brother always beat me in Mario Kart. I'm pretty sure Street Fighter II was the first game I 'practiced' to be good at. Our mall at the time had the arcade for SF2 so it was always exciting to save quarters for it.

Pokemon was a big thing too but I definitely credit SF as being my gateway drug into the madness.

my parents only bought me educational games and point and click games
my favorites was pajama sam, and space quest though i never beat it

Back