• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What villagers should I get for my forest themed island?

Snorlax543

Bells
Hey guys! I decided to restart my old island because it didn't bring me very much joy, this time however i am going with a forest theme! Although i could use some help figuring out what villagers to add to my forestcore island, any ideas?

For cranky I think Chief or Wart Jr would be good choices. I haven't had either of them before but I met Wart Jr on a Dream Island once and he seemed pretty cool.
Do you have an idea list of villagers you like that fit your forest theme? I know it's hard to choose sometimes since there are so many of them.

Thank you for your opinion! My current list is:
1. Fauna
2. Eric
3. Coco?
4. Maple
Thats all I got, maybe Wart jr though, havent thought of him thx for your help!

cranky: grizzly, chief, ike

jock: bill, teddy, sparro, billy, tad

lazy: beau, weber, alfonso, anchovy, joey, nate, prince

normal: cally, molly, olive, poppy, sally, sylvana

peppy: freckles, gabi

sisterly: pashmina, hazel

smug: henry, kyle, lopez

snooty: pecan, vivian

i hope this helps! best of luck with your island! 💚

Last edited:
I'd go for villagers like deer, rabbits, bears, squirrels, wolves, birds, cubs, ducks!

My personal choice would be:

Deer: Beau, Fauna, Erik
Rabbits: Ruby, Cole, Gabi, Dotty, Pippy
Bears: Teddy, Grizzly, Tutu, Pinky
Squirrels: Poppy, Sally, Sheldon, Sylvana, Blaire, Cally
Wolves: Chief, Dobie, Fang, Kyle, Vivian, Whitney
Birds: Jacob, Jay, Anchovy Robin, Sparro, Twiggy
Cubs: Maple, Olive, Pudge
Ducks: Bill, Deena, Molly, Weber

A lot to pick from! x)

I would consider Fauna, maple, poppy, hazel?, nana?, erik, pashmina, deirdre, sheldon, sly, bangle, maddie, winnie?, curlos?, leopold, lopez, zell, blaire, pecan, vivian?, grizzly, ike, cally, goldie?, ava?, coco, daisy, kitt?, molly, sally, sylvana, beau, claude?, spork?, tucker, nate, ozzie, and deli.

to name a few lol. i used the companion guide for this so i might be missing someone but most of these look ok.

A forest theme gives you so many options for villagers. Birds, ducks, rabbits, squirrels, bears, cubs , wolves. frogs , eagles. I would try different villagers first and see who you like best before deciding on a final list of ten.

Some to consider would be
Fauna
Marty
Olive
Blaire
Henry
Sylvana
Maple
Erik
Marshal
So many more

Deirdre, Fauna, and Beau look like the kind of deer you'd see in a forest.
Poppy the squirrel has a forest interior to her house, besides being a squirrel. There are lots of squirrels in forests.
Tasha and Blaire look like skunks, even though they're technically squirrels. But if you used both a squirrel and a skunk they would still look like two different types of animals. It would seem like you had a wider variety of forest species.
Same thing with the Fox villagers, Audie and Chief. Then you could have some of the more traditional looking wolves in addition, such as Fang, Wolfgang, Whitney, or Dobie.
Robin the bird would make a good forest dweller. Robins often overwinter in heavily forested areas, then go back to the suburbs/more open areas the rest of the year. Peck, Jay, or Anchovy may also make good forest birds.
I think Boris could work. He's based on a wild boar, (thus the little tusks), which are a forest critter. Most of the other pig villagers are based on domestic pigs, so I would only recommend Boris.

Have you considered having different types of forests within your island? Maybe a mangrove forest in one section near or on the beach, a tropical forest in another, or a pine forest to the north? Basically having the island switch between forest types.
Koalas live in Eucalyptus forests, and you might be able to have more bamboo trees in one section and have a Koala villager living there. I think Lyman would fit in nicely with the green bamboo, being green himself. I also think Sydney, Melba, and Yuka are all cute Koala. There are lots of tropical looking potted plants in the game that could give part of your island a tropical rainforest feel. You could then put a Parrot's house in there, such as Jacob the parrot. A monkey villager could also live in the tropical forest section. Nana is a super cute monkey. You could create a mangrove forest section by your beach using some of the dead looking trees, in which case one of the Alligator villagers would go well such as Sly or Boots. You might also have a frog, such as Camofrog, in the mangrove forest section. Camofrog has the coloring to blend in with a forest and would make a good amphibian option. Bears would be a good option if you had a little cave in the forest, or they could be next to the rivers since bears enjoy eating fish. Paula and Groucho are my favorite bears, but almost any bear would do. You could even have a bear living right next to a cub, as if they're family. Bluebear, Kody, and Poncho are all blue like Groucho, so could pass as relatives. Grizzly, Ike, and Paula are big brown bears and you could choose brown cubs to go with them like Maple or June. You could do a Pine Forest in the higher areas of the town, perhaps with a mountainous feel. The Pine forest part could have villagers like Eagles living there. Apollo, Celia, Quinn and Avery are good Eagles. Rolf the Siberian Tiger would also be good in a high pine forest.

Last edited:
My main island is a forest/natural theme, I don’t have all forest villagers per se, but I have a few. I’d recommend Erik, Fauna, Pecan, Molly…hmm, I’m sure there are some others, but I can’t think of them at the moment! It seems like a lot of people already gave some pretty good recommendations though, so I’m sure you have some ideas! :)

Currently on my forest themed island I have Deidre, Teddy, Grizzly, Erik, Fauna, Tutu & Marshal. I'm looking for Diana, Pecan & Poppy.

Other good villagers: Ike, June, Maple, Olive, Beau, Blaire, Hazel, Tasha, Audie, Chief & Dobie.

If I had to choose one or two from each personality...

Sisterly: Deirdre
Jock: Bam
Lazy: Beau, Erik, Papi
Normal: Bea, Deena, Fauna, Goldie, Maple, Molly, Poppy
Peppy: Felicity, Patty
Smug: Colton, Marshal
Cranky: Chief, Wolgang, Fang
Snooty: Blaire, Diana, Mint, Vivian

Back