• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What "unpopular"/"ugly" villagers do you like?

I like Bud a lot, he doesn't seem too popular but he's got a beautiful house with four beach chairs to roll around on.

And what a cool guy... those pink shades man

Last edited:
Lucy. Seriously. She's getting a spot in my main town after cycling is done. And a second character made specifically to be her neighbor.

I don't think she's come up at all in this thread, whaaaattt. .-.

I think Deena, Vesta, O'hare, Wendy, and Bill are all underrated.

Deena is in my WW town and I got her as a starter in my Current NL town. I kinda regret letting her go, but Fauna moved in front of her and it didn't feel right.

Vesta is just a cutie and I don't understand why she isn't so popular. I don't understand how Pietro is more popular than her. I also regret letting her go in my first NL town.

Wendy was also in my first NL town. I don't think Peppy suits her well but she was a joy to have either way.

Bill is the cutest jock ever, and the only one I will tolerate.

O'hare is adorable too, but I see why Marshal and Julian steal his thunder and all that.

Coco is quite scary looking. I let her in from my campsite yesterday, tted her in, and so far she's a joy, apart from her creepy house. I think she's quite exquisite looking. Maybe it's my love for normals that's deceiving me.

I think Fang is the most underrated wolf, when he is one of the best <3 There's a lot of love for Fauna but just not enough.

I have Katt and absolutely love her. I think it's kinda 50/50 with her though - some people seem to adore her while others find her scary.

I also have Kitt and I'm not a particular fan. I love kangaroos in real life but the fact that she's a game character and has a joey in her pouch that nobody seems to mention just weirds me out a bit. :/

I wouldn't mind the majority of animals in my town but a few I would hate to have.. Truffles... Wart Jr
My boyfriends favourite villager is Tank and I never hear people talk about him. He moved into my town a few days ago and I really like him now ^-^

I have fallen in love with Chow, and as soon as I claimed I was looking for him, someone sent me a message saying they would get me their Chow so yay :'D.

I love all the cats, rabbits, and big cats.
Like, right now I have Tabby in my town and she's the only one to give me a portrait so far. She's always been one of my favorites--and people always seem to think she's ugly. Really, she just has a weird nose. Other than that she looks fine!

Well. My dreamies are mostly unpopular so there's that.. But I also like villagers like : Barold, Pudge, Anchovy, Rodeo, Naomi, Marcel, Benjamin, Rod, Broccolo, Tammi and such. It's really odd to me that there are specific villagers that everyone loves. When technically everyone shares personalities and there are so many unique looking villagers that get no love. But eh, opinions. 333 villagers yet only 20-30 are adored, maybe even less.

I love Frita. Her design is a bit eccentric, but she's awesome nonetheless. :)
I approve

Last edited:
Frita and Iggly. I used to dislike Frita but she's grown on me and now she's one of my favourite villagers in my town. She is very unique, my cousin was excited and laughing and kept trying to turn her around to look at the back of her head when she visited my town.

When Iggly moved to my town I was excited, I thought he was a really cute penguin villager. Although I don't care for his pupils always looking up, when he sits on stumps it's adorable.

idk why people seem to dislike clyde, I had him for awhile but I just needed the space >.<;;
his eyes are scary but he's a cutie :).

Beardo. He's not a "cute" villager or widely wanted, but he sure is happy to make friends and he's super smart! =)
I wasn't happy when he first moved in but he's completely grown on me

Beardo. He's not a "cute" villager or widely wanted, but he sure is happy to make friends and he's super smart! =)
I wasn't happy when he first moved in but he's completely grown on me
*high fives* That's my huggy-bear super detective uncle villager. <3

Sure, he shares the same personality as Colton (and all other smugs out there), and it's really hard comparing him to others with the same template/guideline, but his appearance (and house) totally changes the lack of tone in his text/message toward me. I made sure he end his sentences with "bub" catchphrase because it's so in character of him to do so (well, for me at least). xD

Last edited:
I'm kind of a noob, so I don't exactly know who's popular.. But I've had Hazel, Nan, and Shari in my town since day one and I love em!

Avery moved in recently and I like him :)
Erik the deer is adorbs :p

Was just looking at the popularity list lol... I feel like an idiot for letting all of those people go that I had no idea people were so in love with. :p I didn't like Lucky or Stitches lol, I lost Marina accidentally but I didn't care for her too much. Bam and Octavian were campers, I thought they were totally annoying. Tia camped too but I had too many people for her to move in :(

Anyway... I adore Nan! She threw my birthday party! haha. And Shari and Hazel. Also Anabelle the anteater, I think she's so adorable and hilarious. Eunice the sheep, Goldie the dog, and Henry the frog are in my town atm, and I like them :p But I think I have too many normal people (Nan, Eunice, and Goldie), and I want some more variety. So I might let Goldie or Eunice move out...

Last edited:
Back