what time of day are you most productive?

what time?

• early morning (~5am to 9am)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • morning (~9am to noon)

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • afternoon (~12pm to 4pm)

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • evening (~4pm to 8pm)

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • early night (~8pm to 1am)

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • night (~1am to 5am)

Votes: 13 15.3%

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

buggy on semi-hiatus
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Spring Sakura
Aurora Easter Egg
Snow Bunny
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
I thought abt making this thread while looking at the "how much sleep do you get" thread. I'm a night owl so my peak productivity is in the early hours of nighttime, around 9pm-2am.

along with that, I'm basically useless for about 3-4 hours after I wake up haha

I’m definitely most productive between 8PM and 5AM, so a combination of the last two poll options. All but one of my jobs have been the overnight shift, as hard as it is to believe. I currently work daylight and it’s taken a lot of adjustment, but I do really like my job, so I’m willing to work with it.

I am the most productive around 9pm to 2am so I chose early night. I feel at my peak mentally during that time and I also have a decent amount of energy. I can be productive anytime in the afternoon to early nighttime hours, but I'm useless from about 3am to 12pm. Don't ask me to do anything difficult before noon.

I have a 'get everything done as soon as possible' mentality, so I'm most productive shortly after I wake up (9 a.m. to noon).

As afternoon rolls around, the desire to do things dwindles.

Afternoon for sure, I wake up at 7 and it takes me a while to start up and feel ready for the day. I’m like regigigas lol
Once I have lunch I’m usually ready to go

I'm most productive from 8pm-2am, so the "early night" option fits best. I'm a huge night owl and it makes my co-author mad sometimes when they're ready to work first thing in the morning and I can barely keep my eyes open. School also sucks having to wake up early and do so much work when I don't have the energy to. I can be productive during the afternoons sometimes, but don't ask me to get anything hard done before 1pm because it's not happening.

I think this is a double sided answer for me...based on what kind of productivity we're talking about. - I'm physically productive during the afternoon...especially in spring/summer/fall when it's actually enjoyable to be outside. Doing yardwork, etc. (Definitely during the sunny hours). - But, I'm productive with computer stuff, video games, art, editing, etc. in the late evening and early morning. Staying up till 4am or 5am is definitely not unusual for me.

Well I get most of my productivity done during the day, because that's just the way the world works I suppose haha. I'm definietly a night owl though, most of my creative thoughts usually come at night and when I've worked night shift jobs in the past I actually enjoyed them for the most part.

in the evening becuase after a rough day during the morning and afternoon I really want to have a lot of freetime to myself.

I'm most productive in the evening. I tend to have more energy at night to do my homework and study, so I'm a night owl. I also find it more convenient for me to work during afternoon and evening shifts. However, I normally try to wake up at about 8 to 9 am in the morning to get my priorities done early and have plenty of free time to relax during the evening.

Afternoon probably. Evening is when I start to slow down and want to get cozy. In the morning I want a chance to wake up

My best friend works 3rd shifts (12am-7am) so I've started staying up later to talk to them, and I've found that I'm very productive around 2am LOL

Probably early night for me!

If I'm up early and can get myself to a café or on a train I can set myself to do something productive, so I was tempted to say that since I tend to want to relax at night, but thinking about it more I do get more done after work. I do need a lot of time in the morning to feel awake and my head isn't clear yet.

I feel like I have two productive times, morning or early night. For poll purposes I picked morning because I feel like some of my absolute best work happens when I can start on it soon after I wake up (before something ruins my day).

The morning! I normally wake up at around 8ish and after eating breakfast thats the best time for me. I love sitting by my window, staying organized and getting started on whatever needs to be done! The morning is so peaceful and calm so it helps me concentrate ☺️

I voted for night, but really it could be early night or night itself. It's usually when I'm by myself with no distractions, which helps me concentrate more on what I'm doing.

I hate the mornings, however. Definitely would prefer to sleep if given the choice.

i have a hard time being productive during all hours of the day tbh (depression, constant fatigue and lack of motivation sucks), but i usually have bursts of energy/productivity at night, and sometimes in the evenings. it’s calmer, quiet and peaceful in my house at night, and there’s not really any responsibilities or expectations at that time since it’s night, so i’m able to think clearly and do things easier.

i’m hardly ever very productive during mornings or afternoons, though it varies day by day. i’m groggy and foggy-brained for at least a couple hours (sometimes for the rest of the day) when i get up in the morning/early afternoon, so i’m not really able to get much done during that time. afternoons/evenings are loud and high-stress in my house once my mom wakes up, and i’m not able to concentrate or think clearly since i’m anxious and on high alert. 🥴

i’m sometimes able to be productive in the early afternoon while i’m in class or over my lunch break, or during the evenings, but it depends on the day, how i’m feeling, and what i have to do.

Last edited:
As for work, definitely in the morning, like when we had coffee at work up to lunch time (around noon usually).

For chores and stuff at home it depends, really.

Back