• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What stupid thing can you just not catch/find?

a betta T^T
can't catch one let alone get a second one to keep as a pet
Also the stupid scorpion. I could never catch tarantulas in past games but was always fine with scorpions, this game its the opposite, it is starting to wear on me
I really want to do the same, catch 2 betta, one to donate and one to keep... but nothing so far!

Currently wanting to catch the Mahi mahi and coecalanth ...

IT WAS THE GOLDEN TROUT FOR ME!! I hated it to death. I caught the barreleye, the marlin, tuna, mahi-mahi, and giant trevally in a shorter time than it took for the golden trout. I caught those other fish in a few hours...

THE GOLDEN TROUT TOOK ME THREE WEEKS! THREE WEEKS!! I must have used over 1000+ bait to catch that fish.

blue marlin makes me want to throw myself off the dock, i had spent so long trying to catch it, and i remember my friend caught it right in front of me. i was happy for her, but i wanted to cry haha

The garden bench DIY. The one time I actually saw a thread for it on here the person told me that the villager stopped crafting right at my turn. I've been TTing day by day picking up my bottle and getting my 2 DIY's from my villagers each day and I still haven't gotten it. I just want it for my shopping area! TT ^ TT

I found catching the Ranchu much easier in northern hemisphere March! The only size 2 fish in ponds in march is the ranchu. I went to my friend's island who was in March and caught it after like 50 ish baits. I only fished for the right size, which took forever to show up!

At the moment, I'm struggling with the Mahi-Mahi. When I use bait, I usually end up getting oarfish (and coelacanths in the rain) instead.

Struggling to get a scorpion, I've seen two, one of them I wasn't expecting and it killed me, the second one was on the pier and it jumped into the sea :'(

I attempted to make a scorpion island from a bamboo island but in two hours only saw mole crickets and tiger beetles

The mahi mahi. The only time I've ever seen one was on display in another island.

Right now the char and golden trout are giving me lots of trouble. I also missed out on the stringfish. I was expecting a gigantic shadow in the water like on the gamecube game. The fish shadow sizes are really smaller than what they used to be. A stringfish shadow was as wide as the river. I'm glad my friend caught one at a nook miles island and donated it to the museum :) I haven't missed any bugs except flies probably because I don't leave garbage out on my island. I may make a temporary dump and put all the trash I fish up in there then maybe one will spawn.

golden trout. as for furniture-- wooden mini desk, wooden stool, garden wagon, garden bench DIY... like really?? how many repeats am i gonna get before i get any of these 4, which i believe are basic....

Ants. I hear people talk about how they keep getting ants and can't find flies, meanwhile I catch 2-3 flies per day but not a single ant. Maybe they just don't like my rotten turnip.

golden trout. as for furniture-- wooden mini desk, wooden stool, garden wagon, garden bench DIY... like really?? how many repeats am i gonna get before i get any of these 4, which i believe are basic....
I have the same problem with the wooden mini-table recipe. I have almost all regular diy recipes, but still can't find it. I have offered to trade all of my diys, but it seems that most people don't have it either. I read on a website that it's a present from the HHA, but I keep getting random furniture from them instead. :)

Golden trout! I hate that thing! And the barreleye as well. I’ll never find them, I’m pretty sure 😂

Back