What Speed Do You Watch YouTube Videos At?

What speed(s) do you most commonly use on YouTube?

• slower than normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • normal

Votes: 52 91.2%

Votes: 5 8.8%

Votes: 4 7.0%

Votes: 2 3.5%

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

StarlitGlitch

Sweets Lover
Bells
Island
Seafort
Perfect Cherry
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Sweet Balloon
Blue Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Blue Star Fragment
For a long time I was trying to train myself to appreciate things as they are or something and fought my urge to speed up videos. But now besides music I normally watch at 1.5, though I do vary it.

I have ADHD so I think that's a part of it, we need more stimulation to stay interested and I've come to the realization that I need to accept how it affects me. I'm always confused when I hear someone complaining someone else "talks too fast" because I've never thought that about someone and don't understand why it's a bad thing, but I also talk fast myself lol

Now when I have to watch at x1 it feels unnaturally slow and I've started speeding up Netflix as well.

Do you guys also speed up videos?

The default. I didn't even know they could be sped up!

I listen to audio books at faster speeds though.

Usually normal speed.. sometimes if I'm watching sewing tutorials I will speed it up. Or if I'm listening to something and I wonder how it sounds faster, I'll speed it up. Honestly I forget it's even a possibility a lot of the time!

if i have a lot of time/if it's a video i am genuinely excited to watch and i want to take it all in, then i watch at 1x speed. if i'm trying to get through a lot of videos in my watch later or if i'm not as interested in it, i'll watch on 1.5/2x. i've actually only started doing this recently, but i've been watching a lot of twitch these last few months and i always watch vods on 2x speed to get through them so now 1x feels so slow when i move over to yt!

I listen at normal speeds. I didn’t know you could adjust the speed, and I don’t even know how.

I change the speed sometimes to see what certain music sounds like sped up or slowed down. I also turn the speed down if I want to watch something very carefully for one reason or another. But, as for normal viewing? Yeah...I just watch videos at normal speed. Lol

I watch most videos at normal speed. The only time I'll really speed up a video is if it's something where I want to watch most of it but it's too long, thus going at something like x1.5-2 allows me to watch it and still keep up with what's going on without wasting too much time.

I usually watch videos at normal speed. If there was a 1.05 speed option, I'd choose that too. It's possible to adjust the speed in smaller increments by pressing the custom button in the playback speed tab. The ridiculous reason why is so I can have a tiny bit of time save lol. It adds up when watching longer videos!

I usually always listen to YouTube videos at normal speed. That is, unless, I just want a good laugh and then I’ll start speeding up videos to 2 times the speed. 😛

I usually watch Youtube videos at normal speed. However, if the youtuber has an accent or pronounces the words in a manner that I can’t understand; then I will lower the speed to make it easier on me.

I usually watch them at normal speeds but I do skip around a lot if I find a part that doesn't interest me, or skip around to try to find the part of the video that I'm actually looking for

i always watch yt on normal speed but sometimes if my teacher makes me watch an educational youtube video i’ll put it at 1.5x because i don’t have the patience for that lol

Usually normal speed! But sometimes some youtubers speak too slow for my taste (like in crafting tutorial videos) so I speed them up to like 1.5x.

Normal I guess? I one of those people who didn’t know that it was a thing. I’m also one of those people who doesn’t want to mess with her settings because I don’t want to mess something up to the point I wouldn’t know how to fix it later. Lol

I keep it at a normal speed unless I’m watching a meme that would be funnier if it’s sped up.

For the longest time I didn't know how to up the speed. I knew it was a thing, cause I would see people in the comments say stuff like 'this sounds cool in *higher speed*' but I didn't know how to change the settings.

I always watch videos in normal speed, unless a comment says somethin like 'this sounds cool in *higher speed*'. Then I'll watch it over again with the new speed.

I don't watch a lot of videos, but when I do I always watch at normal speed. I didn't know you could change the speed, but I don't feel a need to.

Back