What Species Should be Added Next Game?

Bats and foxes would be awesome! Though I think Fennec Foxes would look adorable as well..

i know there are several dozens types of animals and im seeing people suggest sharks which i think would be a very great addition to the family. there arent very many sea animals but octopi which is bery cute. i understand the complications with accuracy since sharks cant breathe out of water but i would argue animals cant talk anyway so its all imagination. i see others siggesting raccoons and bats and foxes, which are very cute too. id like those also. me personally i would LOVE to see more llamas and alpacas and camels and owls, more villagers that are the npc in the games.

thepinkppg
Owls is one of the ones I'm really hoping for too!
We have monkeys and there's a monkey NPC, so I don't see why we couldn't have owls.

thepinkppg
Owls is one of the ones I'm really hoping for too!
We have monkeys and there's a monkey NPC, so I don't see why we couldn't have owls.

Keep in mind the only reason we seem to have monkey villagers is because the train station and Porter were removed in Wild World, leaving monkeys open to having villagers with no special character occupying that position.

I honestly hope I'm wrong, but it does seem fairly likely due to Nintendo's odd stance on any species occupied by a special character. I guess they think it would make that character less unique? Well in that case, just use a different model for villagers!

MapleSilver
They should just run with it, I understand why they removed Champ since he basically was Porter, but in general it just seems limiting and pointless.

MapleSilver
They should just run with it, I understand why they removed Champ since he basically was Porter, but in general it just seems limiting and pointless.

Yeah, I definitely agree that it's limiting and pointless. I'm just observing what the developers themselves seem to think about this matter. I think I understand why they do it (to make special characters more unique). However, if that is their reasoning, I strongly disagree with it personally.

Bats would be so cute to do, so if they add those, that would be really great! Though my biggest one I would love to see is female lions. I mean, we have the males, why not the females?

Bats and some kind of lizards are some species I'd really like to see in the game someday. :blush:

I'd be super down for the majority of the ones already suggested, honestly. But personally, I'd just like to see more aquatic species... I wuv fish and octopi are currently my favorite villager type, and if they can make those work, I'm sure they could make others work, too. I think sharks or generic fish would probably be the most likely, but part of me really wants to see an ocean sunfish... even though they're so bulky and probably wouldn't work at all, but maybe they could at least make one as an NPC!! But again, I super doubt it lol. Sea horses would be really cute to see too, though... Not sure how the legs would work lmao.

I know we have a lot of birds already, but I would kind of like if they added geese. Honestly, I wouldn't even be too mad if they made this one a special character only. It's a specific enough species that I don't think there would be a huge problem in only making it 1 character.

We need zebras in the next game. Yeah,there is Savannah but she doesn't count.There are lions and tigers so why not zebras?Also giraffes would be great as well. There also needs to be more aquatic animals like others have said such as whales,fish,dolphins,otters,sea lions,walruses,seals etc. Also they need to add more octopi because there are barely any in the series.

Reptiles!! Lizards, snakes... Or maybe another amphibian, a salamander...
Also, whenever this topic comes up, people bring up bats and I always remember how much I would like it. Bats, please.

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet after skimming through the thread, but I think giraffes would be really cool especially since they already have a model in the game that they can be based off of (Gracie). :) The only issue I can see with them is seeing one try to go through villager/player house doors which are designed for shorter characters or go under anything that has a overhang of some sort (like trees and certain PWPs)... xD

Last edited:
I'd love to have some lemur villagers and a red panda.

I neeeeed a bumblebee villager. Bees are the cutest.
1905727_0.gif

I want Foxes and Raccoons(not tanuki) to be added into the game soon.

Would also appreciate Turtles and Chinchillas.

Back