• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what model is your 3DS?

mine is the new red 3ds XL. I found out like 2 days ago there's a yellow 3ds XL and I'm so sad because I want that one :(

old 3ds xl with the nes controller design, its so scratched and randomly turns off and ejects my games *cries*

I have a limited edition Amazon New 3DS XL. I originally did not intend to get it, but then I settled as it was one of the few I could find online around the holidays. I originally purchased one of the Black Friday $100 Super Mario models, but Wal-Mart cancelled my order after a week. Lesson learned, never shop with Wal-Mart.

71sx6djya4lsl1500jpg-f9af25_765w.jpg

I ended up really liking this lime green model. When you look at in photos, they really don't give it justice. The color finish looks so nice.

Last edited:
I have a New 3ds XL in red, but it doesn't have good battery life anymore. I use a normal 3ds in purple now, hence the new fc in my side bar :)

New black 3DS XL, and I also have a red and black 2DS so i can do stuff like trade back and forth in pokemon games. i swear i'm too much, i don't really need both

I should have waited to replace my old one. The Galaxy one I have now is pretty and all, but they're bringing out a pokeball themed 2DS XL! It would have been so cute :c

Good ol' XL in black. The thing is starting to shoot craps, and I'm thinking about treating myself with the blue and black new 2DS XL for Christmas. I personally don't like the blue, I just might custom paint it.

I have the original blue clunker 3DS from when the system was first released.
I would love an updated one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Do any of you think it's worth it?
I'll be getting a Switch whenever AC comes out...

I would love an updated one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Do any of you think it's worth it?

If you play the 3DS enough, then yes I do. I would even buy a second 3DS if I could afford one right now. Personally, I'd probably get the galactic one. I think it'll be a good while before Nintendo releases an AC game on the Switch.

Definitely worth it. My black New 3DS XL came with amiibo support built in and generally looks better imo.

My DS Lite conveniently broke as soon as the 3DS came out (I wish I did it on purpose, I swear) and so I have the original teal one which I hate with a passion. It's a mixture of the colour, the black top screen and the sparkly finish that really gets to me. I've wanted a New 3DS for a while, I adore the design but I'm not sure if it's worth getting as I'm planning on buying a switch when they announce an AC game. If anyone wants to chip in when they think it will be announced I'd be glad to try and get an idea of whether it's worth buying a 3DS to replace my old one:)

I have the normal black 3ds XL, but the circle grip is pretty much gone from all that smash use

Last edited:
Kalle; The galactic one is gorgeous! I'm definitely considering it. I play Animal Crossing everyday, and I wouldn't mind getting into more games. The new Pokemon was so laggy on my regular 3DS.

UnderWish; Yessss, I can't read my amiibo cards on my 3DS (and I'm not spending $30 on a dumb attachment). Looking nicer is 100% a plus. I also would like a bigger screen.

Also yes to everyone wonder if the New models are worth it: Yes. I mean getting screenshots with the NFC thing onto your computer might be a bit annoying but yeah that's pretty much the only con I can think of. Aside from them being expensive, I was lucky getting some "used" New 2ds XL for like, ?100 or stuff (dunno the rates but yes) because it missed manuals and pretty much everything except the console and charger).

Mine is the oooolllddd aqua blue one.

I want to get a new one and a new cartridge of new leaf but my boyfriend says it's not worth it because a switch version will come out and new leaf will be abandoned lol

Last edited:
Back