What makes you stick around tbt?

I love this community and I've met so many amazing people here! I love making new people feel welcome and I love just making everyone happy! I try to do little things for people as much as I can, just to make people smile. I love all the events that the staff work so hard to put together and I love all of the creativity all over this place. Even though I'm only coming up on my 1 year anniversary on here, it feels like I've been here for years! Obviously having a lot of fun! 😃

Chatting with people, getting inspired and fired up by the amazing artists on here and because I trust the users here with trades. I always feel weird vibes on other sites (idk why but nookazon feels illegal to me lol) ~

My answer is pretty much the same as everyone else's. I stayed because this community is so awesome and I became addicted to collectibles. I also love all of the events and things that the staff do for us here. I've never seen another forum like this one. It's such an amazing place!

I like the community that most forums have in general. Everyone here seems so calm and collected. It’s nice to have conversations here and everyone seems so helpful. I really like the Brewster’s Cafe board where you can talk about literally anything.

1) The community. None of my irl friends play ACNH anymore, so it's nice to have people to chat and trade with.
2) The collectibles. I'm addicted to collecting these little pixels. It's so satisfying to see my favourite things all lined up.
3) The events. It's nice to have something to look forward to, especially since real life right now can only be so eventful.

It's definitely the community, for me. I love how pleasant The Bell Tree is! Everybody is (generally) kind and respectful to one another on here, there's not too much negativity going on (I know there are rant threads in the ACNH board but I mean more in the sense of... we don't post & discuss negative news stories constantly), and I have met some really lovely friends on here. The Bell Tree also has so many talented artists and it's a place where I feel like it's okay for me to get artwork of my girlfriend & I commissioned and be able to use them as my avatar/signature. I've never received a hateful PM or comment about my sexuality which can't be said for other places.

There is also of course the events and I love the aesthetic of The Bell Tree. I think it's really cute and I love how while the main draw of the site in obviously Animal Crossing we have different boards to discuss different games, general things, art, or forum games. The events that the staff put on are also a really wonderful touch and I love the collectibles! I'm also just so glad that it's a forum, honestly. Other social media move so quick it can be hard for me to feel settled/at home there and I rarely even touch discord because my goodness those chats move like lightning sometimes, lol.

I stick around the forums for much the same reason that I joined, so I can acquire items in Animal Crossing games. That said, within my first year I'd also grown to like the collectibles and that made participating in the forum events appealing. The forum events are also a nice way to enhance the holiday season of whatever real world event might be going on at the time (Easter, Halloween, Christmas) or can just be a fun way to spend some time throughout the year (the upcoming Bell Tree Championships, the Fair, etc.). Nowadays it would feel wrong to have the leadup to Christmas without hearing the Animal Crossing music playing on the TBT Advent Calendar each day.

I'm more of an introvert and pretty reserved even in this sort of setting though so I'm not really particularly sociable. I post a lot but I don't really get to know that many people all that well. The community is generally pleasant and I did make one really good friend who I keep in touch with despite her having left the forum, and I've had a few standout conversations and interactions with certain people, but for the most part I keep to myself.

because I've lost control of my life

I like forums and this one is usually pretty alright, especially compared to a bunch of others I've known: both directly and through lurking

also, collectibles. these pixel squares are a curse. come join our cult surrounding them. never get into them. stay far away, if you know what's good for you and come over to work your way to a 🌟fantastic lineup🌟

,,,, this looks like another opportunity for me to gush about how much i love this place 👀. zjskjsk this is such a cliche answer but the #1 reason as to why i stick around is because of how lovely the community is here! i’ve been a tbt member since 2015 and i have yet to have a single negative experience with anyone. i’ve made so many incredible friends who i’m eternally grateful for and plus, this is the only ac trading platform that i 100% trust! i also stick around for the amazing events as no matter what, they never fail to make me happy and i’m so thankful for everything that the staff does for us and how much time and dedication they’ve put into each and every event. and of course, the collectibles!! they may just be a bunch of pixels but i love them a lot and love how my collection has grown and shrunk over the years. 🥺💗

i just love forums in general and i've been on this forum since 2015 so everytime i log in i get a wave of nostalgia. also, the people on this forum just feel way nicer and more normal compared to animal crossing fans on twitter (the new wave).

I haven't been here long so not only do I not want to immediately become inactive, but everyone here seems SUPER nice and the fact that in 2021, a forum of all places having this many active members and people who don't just lurk behind guest accounts is honestly such a great sight. Plus, people here have some real talent!!

I just love each and every one of you 😭

Really though it's just a lovely place to chat, the events and collectibles are super fun, and it seems like a very safe environment for AC trading whenever I am in need of a few things.

My reasons are pretty much the same as the ones people have shared here: The Bell Tree is wholesome, trustworthy, accepting, supportive and the staff puts so much effort and love into the events, collectibles, everything.

It's truly a gem of a place in the internet, I'm so happy I stumbled upon it years ago while looking for somewhere to trade NL items.

Animal Crossing people are great and TBT people are the greatest 💗

I joined during the influx of new members back in 2013 when New Leaf released and have more or less been around fairly consistently since then, though I’ve probably been the most active as of late. I was even active during the low long after New Leaf but before New Horizons came out. In general the community around here is really nice and I enjoy talking to many others. I probably frequent the non Animal Crossing sections the most but I do still jump on from time to time for trades and whatnot. My number one favourite part though are the events that the staff hold. They come up with some of the coolest ideas that are so fun to participate in. Especially the ones where we get to work together with other members. :)

Back