• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What makes an AC game special?

i agree with the dialogue point and i feel like animal crossing's character is one big thing that sets it apart from other series! everything pre-NL had a very distinct personality that's hard for me to describe... some sort of weird-goofy-spunky-ness carried through all 3 games, both in their looks and dialogue. i feel like animal crossing has it's own special sense of humor and style. ACGC was meaner than later entries, but it was still in a silly way. ACNL had some personality too... but it was less weird and more soft? unfortunately ACNH feels drained of the old personality, though this isn't NECESSARILY a problem because there are plenty of people who like that full-on softness NH has.

Ultimately, Animal Crossing sticks to its core idea of being a life simulation game. It's about starting in a tent, paying off your loan and building up your house, building up a thriving community by befriending villagers and decorating your town, and visiting other peoples' towns and making friends along the way. You make your own fun, and as long as you're having fun, you're doing it right.
i also agree hugely with this!!!!

Back