• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what is your opinion on Disney lately?

I've never been really big into Disney. I don't mean that in the I dislike it sense, but in that I really have just been neutral for the most part. I like the old movies and some Pixar movies quite a bit, and I enjoy the nostalgia when playing KH, but Disney isn't my top favorite media company or anything like that.

Some of their recent shows have been great, like Gravity Falls (is that recent anymore? Lol) and The Owl House.

Also, I can't stop this post without saying that Disney is the unlikely hero that has stepped in to take DeSantis down and I'm all for it. I don't love them, because I know they donated to DeSantis campaigns along with other Republicans that have destroyed Florida and the US, but... DeSantis is a major issue and if a company that donated to him brings him down, I will celebrate that. lol At the end of the day, though, we must understand that Disney is a corporation and corporations always sell us out for bad Republican politicians that will make them not have to pay taxes. DeSantis's line that he crossed was using his power to chip at Disney. If he hadn't done that, nothing would have ever happened. Just Disney continuing lip service to how bad DeSantis's policies are but still financially supporting him.

Go get him Disney! But don't think I trust you for one second.

Honestly, they deserve the kind of bad rap and buisness losses they get lately for the amount of really bad stuff they been doing lately.

I used to enjoy some Disney films on DVD as a child, including Toy Stories 1, 2, and 3, Monsters Inc., Cars, The Incredibles., Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, and Pooh's Heffalump Movie, but I lost interest in Disney films when I realized they were only doing mostly live-action films and remakes, but that doesn't mean I can't still remember existing Disney characters and remember them fondly.

Disney movies are hit or miss for me. Some of the new ones I really like, like live action Aladdin, Cruella, Maleficent, and Moana. Others, not so much or they are ok.
Disney isnt something I see and go ooooo with their movies.
I'm more excited to see DreamWorks though I can never remember their movies connected to their name unfortunately.

They're ok. I just hate that so much money are going to the live action remakes. Maybe if it were about a movie that I like such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, then maybe it wouldn't bother me as much.

I’ve been stuck into a love/hate relationship with Disney for a while. I criticized the company for getting too liberal, yet I would still buy their content or plan on going to their parks in the future.

Conservatives would advocate you to cancel your subscriptions to Disney+ and to stop going to their parks because of that Proud Family episode and for speaking out against Desantis, as well as all their newer media going “woke”, but I’m not going to listen to these guys. By telling us to boycott Disney for these reasons, they are promoting hate and bigotry. You shouldn’t listen to people that promote hate.

Politics aside, Disney has gotten themselves in a lot of trouble for many reasons. First, raising ticket prices to combat profit losses during the pandemic is a bad idea. They may have gotten away with raising prices several times, but they have reached the limits. And about the live-action remakes, they’ve gone through many trends that would earn them negative reputation throughout my entire lifetime. It’s not just the live-action remakes. This is the same company that ruined their animated classics with direct-to-video sequels for 14 years, promoted Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and High School Musical to death, alienated audiences for the Disney Channel from 2005 to 2011, and bought out Marvel and Star Wars just to oversaturate them. You could use Rocket Rods, Home on the Range (2004), and Cars 2 (2011) to count against them, but that’s like criticizing a sports team for losing a game for simply not being good enough or for having bad luck. We’re only criticizing Disney when their actions are like a sports team purposely throwing a game.

That being said, everything they said and done wrong doesn’t change the fact that they have left a wonderful legacy in the past. On the WDAS films, with the exceptions of Home on the Range and Chicken Little, any WDAS movie can be considered a good movie, even the lower-tier ones like The Black Cauldron and Dinosaur. While the upper-tier ones are the best of animated films in general. Disneyland and Disney World, there are other reasons why their parks are so popular than the theme. They innovated amusement parks and their technology, they accommodate for almost every demographics, they are all-year parks, and they are among the safest amusement parks. Their secondary animation studio, they consistently made good films up until Toy Story 3, and continued to have interesting unique films like Inside Out, Coco, and Soul. They also revolutionized animation on both 2D and 3D animation.

For my final opinion, just the Disney Renaissance (WDAS at its best) and the parks alone outweigh everything they done wrong combined, so I would continue respecting them. But the bad decisions they made are hard to ignore.

Back