• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is your favourite era of Animal Crossing merch?

What’s your favourite era of AC merch?

• Gamecube (Animal Crossing)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • DS (Wild World)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Wii (City Folk)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3DS (New Leaf)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Switch (New Horizons)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Koi Karp

Bzzzrrrtttt...
Bells
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Sweet Balloon
White Lily
Pink Hybrid Lily
Curious what people think about AC merch, and if they have a favourite era / item which is specific to an era?

My favourite is definitely the OG GameCube plastic villager houses released in Japan. My Instagram explore page is currently swamped with collectors showing them but like most of the early 2000s merch, they are pretty expensive 🥲🤩

The island theming of New Horizons isn't my thing, but I liked New Leaf stuff a lot. I have seen those villager houses though and they are really cute! I feel like they could make a fair amount of money releasing miniatures of Animal Crossing items for people to recreate their rooms in physical form.

I think the gamecube era merch was the best solely because of the e-reader cards. I like they they actually have personalized descriptions of the villagers and extra content on them! Cooler than the amiibo cards for sure.

I remember seeing gachapon machines here in the U.S. when Wild World came out and it would have little charms of villagers for your phone/DS. I remember it having Porter, the Able Sisters, Mallary, and the boy human with glasses and a BB shirt. As children, me and one of my friends in primary school both liked Animal Crossing, but... I liked her more... 😉 and I gave her the Mallary charm and we would sometimes "play house" with the little charms during class. I was the boy with the BB shirt. 😁 Looking back, she was more of a Deena than a Mallary, if I do say so myself, but in any case, because of that memory, I choose the Wild World merch. 🙌🎊

New Horizons has some really good merchandise but nothing compares to the ACNL era 🍃
The guide books, sticker books, amiibo, cover plates, balance toys, stamps, manga, etc 💚

I’ve hardly seen any merch at all, but there’s been some for New Horizons. Not sure if that’s because of where I live

GC and WW merch are definitely my favorite. I wish I could get my hands on the little customizable houses but they are pretty expensive.

242BF44A-6A65-4CB9-A69D-A17C3B7D4955.jpeg
FDDDE707-67A2-42E7-8423-819606EDF3DD.jpeg
E7140FE6-B698-4123-AA27-F9573C8A9A1A.jpeg
3CD7BD9D-80F6-48C0-89A8-D8291794D2FC.jpeg

Last edited:
I wish they still made more plushies these days 😔 GC and WW merch has a distinct charm, and NL had some bangers. For as much merch as NH has, and I actually love the game, the aesthetic of the game has made for more stale merch imho. Anyway, it’s hard to pick between those three… I’ll go GC because finding obscure pieces is really fun. I can’t even remember any CF merch really.

For as much merch as NH has, and I actually love the game, the aesthetic of the game has made for more stale merch imho.
Exactly my thoughts! New Horizons has so much more merchandise than the other games but it has less charm in my opinion. I love the island life and tropical aesthetic but it doesn't compare to the forest vibe of the OG four in my opinion. 🏝️ 🌳

I'll get bashed for this, but the series 1-4 release of the amiibo cards were cool to me. Having almost every villager to summon in New Leaf and New Horizons was a game-changer. It ain't free, but it's a collection I like having nonetheless.

I really wish Nintendo would make more villager plushies past the popular ones they typically make. I'd love me an official Bob plush.

I'll get bashed for this, but the series 1-4 release of the amiibo cards were cool to me. Having almost every villager to summon in New Leaf and New Horizons was a game-changer. It ain't free, but it's a collection I like having nonetheless.

I really wish Nintendo would make more villager plushies past the popular ones they typically make. I'd love me an official Bob plush.

you won’t get bashed for this. Your opinion is valid and I honestly agree. I think Nintendo handled the sale of them much better than they did with the later amiibos, which is why i won’t vote for the later era because I’m still turned off by the whole matter of some store limiting and others not and then the scalpers buying them all out.

Back