• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite AC game?

Aesthetics

pfp credit - soupyam on ig
Bells
Hello everyone!
So, I was wondering what everyone's favorite AC game was!
You can respond below the titles name, and why it was your favorite.
Personally, I loved New Leaf. There are many reasons for that. First off, the mayor concept is really cool! I really enjoy it- it gives lots of customization towards your town, more than previous games, and I really enjoy that.
Another reason are the new villagers! I don't know, but having new villagers is just really refreshing. (this includes villagers returning that literally no one remembers).
Lastly, the graphics. Even though it doesn't look as good as the AC:NH graphics (although it's expected since, well, you know, it was released in 2013 and is on a 3DS. Obviously, it's way better than the previous games. (city folk was more hd though, but it was only on a TV, so it's debatable. AC:NL's style is better though in my opinion.)
There are more reasons I could name, but then this post would be too long!

Thanks for reading, can't wait to hear your opinions below!​

Mine is New Leaf as well; definitely the game I have had the most fun with and played the most consistently. I love nearly everything about it, I would even say it is my favorite game in general!

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoy Pocket Camp, but nothing is gonna top New Leaf at least for now. It's the game that brought me to this website and has given me over 6 years of entertainment. AC:NL is true masterpiece from Nintendo.

my favourite by far is city folk. MY partner and i recently started a new town together yesterday and i kept pointing out all the things i loved about it. we also got super lucky, started with one of my faves wolfgang, so he let me choose the house closest to his, which was also right by the beach :D i think its my favourite because i love the whole separate shopping area away from the main 2 stores, gracices store alone makes the city amazing (all of her items for the season are out on display and u dont have to wait days to get the final piece of the set). i also feel like the animals are more alive in this one, wolfgang has already bullied me and i love it <3 There are so many reasons why i love this game, but i don't wanna make a massive chunk of text so i will just leave it there.

I would say that my favorite is AC:GCN, with New Leaf coming in a very close second. The thing about NL is that once I basically finished landscaping my town I just got bored with it; on the other hand, I've been playing the same AC:GCN town for 12 years and I still get a kick out of playing it once in a while. Plus I really just love the really crappy N64 graphics aesthetic for some reason so I'm always drawn to that too lol

I a way I think the lack of customization makes the game more interesting. Playing by my own standards all the time gets boring after a while.

I'm torn between Animal Crossing for the GameCube and New Leaf. Those are the only two games in the series that I have played and I enjoyed them both for different reasons. New Leaf is leaps and bounds above AC:GC when it comes to customization, but AC:GC has far better dialog and villager interactions. Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking since AC:GC was my first Animal Crossing game, but since the main reason I play is for the villager interaction I guess I'd have to say AC:GC is my favorite. I've been wanting to replay it a lot lately, but I don't have a GameCube. I might have to give in and emulate it whenever I'm done with New Leaf if I still can't afford to get a Switch for New Horizons.

I would have to say New Leaf. There's so many things you can do, but it still feels like 'Animal Crossing'. When you set aside the flaws, it's literally the envisionment of what you'd like a modern Animal Crossing to be. It's peaceful, fun, and filled with control freak design potential. Playing New Leaf a wonderful experience.

But I would still say City Folk is my (very close) second favorite. My brother and I played this game for so many hours as a kid my mom had to take it away so we'd do other things, lol. It was probably my first actual game addiction.

Gamecube!! Best dialogue, tons of weird events, biggest villager limit in any AC game, charming music. it's just the best.

For graphics and the addition of PWP's, New Leaf was superior, but when it comes to villager and NPC dialogue, including Blathers museum information he used to give, Wild World was the best.

My favorite is Animal Crossing GCN. In some ways it had less to offer than New Leaf, and in other ways it had more to offer than New Leaf. My favorite part of GCN AC, was how much (free) content it contained, which provided endless amounts of discovery and tasks. Even now, I discover new things I didn't know where in the game. I hardly felt the need to time travel when I played AC GCN and the villager's attitudes actually resonated with their personalities. They had a lot more diverse dialog, so talking to them never felt like a chore. I loved the music, the large map, the daily shiny spots, the dump, the nes games within, the amount of events you could partake and the random ball villagers liked to kick.

Wild World was a step down, but I still enjoyed playing it and also did not feel much need to time travel, despite having a much smaller map, houses merged into one, and less to do. I enjoyed talking to villagers, since they still retained some of the edge and humor that set each character apart and I loved the ost.

New Leaf was ok - I don't dislike it, but it's not my favorite Animal Crossing title. Sure it had things I loved, like better graphics, more customization options, new characters, island tours, puzzle league, bushes, pwp ect. But talking to villagers felt like a drag. Once the rush of collecting items was over and I chatted with the villagers, they kept repeating the same dialog and quizes and their personalities were all too similar.

While I think New Leaf is technically the best, Wild World was my very first AC game and I think for that reason it’ll always hold the most special place in my heart <3

Have only properly played Wild World and New Leaf (I also own City Folk but have not played it as Wii is hidden away somewhere :p), and whilst the personalities of the villagers are much more diverse and interesting in WW (hope that returns in NH and the villagers have more complexities to them), there is much more to do on New Leaf that keeps you interested plus it's a pretty game. So I choose New Leaf :)

New Leaf would be my top pick. I remember years ago when it first came out, I instantly fell in love with it on day one of it's release. I loved it soo much, I didn't want to play any other game but it. The graphic were really good and there was more clothing and customization options that it made it really fun! I still love it a lot, but I'm definitely looking forward to New Horizons too, as I really hope I can rekindle that love for Animal Crossing again. :)

i only played wild world & new leaf so out of those two, my favourite is new leaf; so many new features were introduced and i played and loved that game for years after it came out.

wild world was my favourite for the longest time, too, but in my personal opinion wild world was the worst game in the series; it had cool features too and was a cute game, and it wasn?t a bad game at all, but compared with the original or city folk, i feel like wild world had the least amount of features and was mediocre compared to the others

hii!
mine is new leaf too <3
mostly because of the graphics though. i also love the amiibo feature that the older games don't have! it's really handy c:
also, there's more to do (in my opinion). as an example pwp, ordinances, island tours, etc.
i feel like new horizons might be my new favorite once it comes out- won't be sure until i play it though!

new leaf, definitely; i loved all the new features that it introduced and i was old enough to actually appreciate the game for what it was :3

New Leaf for sure. The soundtrack is super relaxing and even though the graphics are painfully bad compared to New Horizons, it still has a weird kind of charm to it. I really wish my 3ds still worked so I could play again D:

Back