• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is your earliest memory on Animal Crossing?

Meeting Bubbles and Wart Jr. As my starters and wondering how I can get them out asap.

My sister and I rented AC:GC from the video store when we were 9 and 7. We quickly became obsessed, and not quite realizing what we were doing but knowing that eventually we had to give rentals back, we hid it from my Mom and lied that we'd already returned it! She quickly realized that we weren't truthful when the store called, and we were in trouble! We had to earn money doing chores to pay for the fines, and then more money to buy the game! Actual in game play, I was obsessed with the Modern set, and had the 30k bells cheat memorized!!!

i remember liking all my starters and then slowly realizing they're ugly af but i remember talking to pate all the time and thinking he was a guy
and i just realized how weird it is that a ducks names is pate since that's literally a type of meat in french omg

I went to the movies with some friends, and one of my friends pulled out her DS to check on her wild world town. I thought it looked so cute!

When I was younger, I was at a friend's house and she was playing City Folk on the big TV in her living room. She started telling me all these dumb things like "You can either play as an animal or a human. I chose to play as a human." and "Rover asked me to marry him!" and things like that.

When I didn't understand that a villager wanting to move out didn't mean they hated you!
I couldn't stand Carmen for ages after that but were friends again now ☺

Oh my earliest is gamecube. I made an alien villager that made shirts that mind controlled the animals. I wrote about it in my diary in the game

My earliest memory was in Wild World, strolling along the beach with Olivia (and our matching parasols)! It was a rainy Sunday morning I think.

Last edited:
My first animal crossing game was WW, and my first memory of it was speaking to the first villager I encountered -- Portia, and her catchphrase was "ruffian" and I thought she kept saying it to be rude to me because I was a human XD I never did warm to her ahah. (second big memory was Chief moving out when I missed ONE day of playing thanks to an exam. pah!).

Walking around in my WW town at night and all my villagers asking me why I hadn't seen them that day. I didn't realise at the time that it worked in real time and I was playing around 10:30pm on my way home from work.

Can't say this is my earliest memory. But when I was around 7 years old I remember my oldest brother ordering a balloon for me in Animal Crossing: Population Growing. He knew I wanted one so he was nice about it and ordered one for me in the game! I loved it! :)

when one of my villagers stole my first kiss..

I was still just a little thing when my momma bought me and my sister Population Growing for our Gamecube. My earliest memory would have to be planting the flowers in random places instead of outside of Nook's Cranny, and changing out of the work uniform just to see Tom Nook's reaction. It was funny!

I started out with these villagers: Blaire, Bob, Mitzi, Butch, Tank, and a few others. Butch kept talking about how he had a fruit orchard and that I better not be picking from it. Butch didn't have an orchard.

Bob and Mitzi lived right next to each other and I thought they would make a cute couple. I shipped them before I even knew what shipping was.

<: Not knowing that you could name your town anything...and that it didn't have to be an actual place/ end in town or ville. I wasn't very smart.

My earliest memory is from Wild World. I didn't really know how to make money, so I ran around my town selling fruit off the trees and seashells off the beach to survive. I didn't care much for villagers, town design, my house.... I did care, however, about making Bells. I met a second-cousin who had done the 99k bell hack and gave me so many bells. I put all my junk around the town because I didn't want to sell anything but my storage was all full!

Back