What is your dream career?

I’d love to be a floor detailer, like one of those people that travel to different stores and deep clean the floors. I can’t be bothered to go to trade school, though, so I’ll just go above and beyond at regular cleaning jobs, lol. (And yes, I am a female. I’ve only ever seen males work at this particular job, though…)

My true dream career is not having a career and just getting paid huge money to do nothing :X

At this point, I more or less have my dream career. I want to work from home (check...for now, at least) while doing something in the computer science field and making use of my degree (check).

To become a sports broadcaster, an author of a book series with manga and anime adaptations, and a future landowner. Those are my only goals in life. :)

This is old and outdated to be honest... I'm currently in the field of operations for a huge financial company. I am a landowner now though and will be earning money from that while doing basically nothing... and I still haven't given up my dream of my book series, but just can't find the time for it with everything else in my life. Sports broadcaster is definitely out of the question though. :LOL:

i think i’d like to be an illustrator but i would imagine drawing all day would be tiring.

Full-time author. However, I'd be bored and uninspired if I had nothing else to do all day, so it's good that it remains a side career.

I'd love to partake in paleontology and/or ichthyology. Unfortunately, I do not think I have the smarts for such a profession. TwT
If you are determined enough then you can pursue any field. I failed all of my science classes in school and ultimately dropped out. I figured I just wasn't smart enough when it turns out I just wasn't focused enough. After years of various courses and chasing creative pursuits I went back to university at 25 to pursue science. I now work with infectious pathogens.

I'd love to work in a library or a bookstore or being around books overall as I enjoy reading often whenever I have the chance. Hopefully I'l get the chance to do so sometime this year if I'm lucky.

My dream job would be a freelance or comic/manga artist, but I'm most likely going to go for accounting instead until I feel I could support myself doing art full time.

I could have sworn I posted in this a few days ago. o_O

Ah well.

I am working towards becoming an author. For a few years since 2015, I wanted to be a florist, since I love flowers and doing artsy stuff. However, I started drifting away from that in 2018, because I realized it involves a lot of things I do not even know how to do, and that would frustrate me.

Being an author is more up my alley. I have had many people tell me that I am a great writer. Plus, I am the type of person who likes to voice my opinions on things and educate people on misunderstood things that I take seriously, meaning I will mostly focus on non-fiction/informative books.

I am actually trying to write a book about the attraction toward fictional characters, why some of us are attracted to them, the benefits of self-shipping, why the stigma of it all needs to stop, etc. As someone who is aro-ace (aromantic and asexual) towards real people, but not fictional characters, this is something I take very seriously, and I feel like fictolove is very misunderstood and wrongfully frowned upon.

Another book I have planned is one about being on the Autistic Spectrum. I am on the spectrum myself, and again, this is something that is very misunderstood. There is so so SO much more to Autism than a lot of people believe, and a feel like a lot of people do not understand how much it can affect a person (who has it). A lot of us are misunderstood and bullied just because of it. I want the people who read it to be like "Oh, so that's why I am like this. It all makes sense now." and "So, this is why my child acts the way they do. I understand now." <333

im going into college to study nursing so im hoping to become a nurse :) I've been wanting to be in the medical field ever since i was in elementary

My whole life I’ve wanted to work with animals but not in vet/medicine. I’ve always wanted to rehab animals or help with education and work with animal ambassadors. I was accepted into art school when I was 16, ended up not going due to my mom getting sick and out of state tuition is ridiculous in America. Then I took a year off to travel with my friends band. I then got into more corporate jobs after that and got a degree in business admin. I now work in finance/banking. I do love most parts of the job, but there is always something missing for me. That’s why I started volunteering for animal rehab programs. I’m hoping to continue my volunteer work and turn it into a full time career with a non profit. My absolute dream would be to open my own animal rehab non profit center.

for as long as i can remember, my dream career has always been to be an author. my love for reading began from my kindergarten years and continues into present day, but my love for writing began before i was even done elementary school, and it started with me writing cringy fanfiction about the online game moshi monsters. i would ship moshlings together, come up with further backstories for them, and give them this whole new purpose other than just chilling in a zoo and being cool. i then moved up to rewriting popular stories that already existed (ex. twilight) in ways that made completely no sense, posting them online, and then claiming them as original concepts LMAO. i was also heavily fixated on the name “donnie” for some reason. 💀 i attempted animal crossing fanfiction as well after new leaf came out, and they were... weird. i only remember like, the base concepts of what i wrote, and they all were so... serious and dramatically emotional? like, i’ve been writing on and off for 10+ years now and i still don’t know how to write lighthearted, feel-good pieces of literature. everything’s always gotta be depressing. 😫

nowadays, i wouldn’t really consider what i do writing. it’s honestly all just journaling. i vent about anything and everything that’s ailing me whenever i actually have the energy and coherency to do it, either in a straightforward way or in a i’m trying to be poetic and relatable way, and that’s it. i don’t write fiction or fanfiction anymore. i just haven’t had the time or energy to. i have so many important, mandatory things to do that my energy gets wasted on, and then i don’t have it in me to engage in my used-to-be hobbies. it sucks. the most recent thing that i’ve wrote is a poem for my new horizons island journal, and i still think it’s a miracle that i even managed to do that. i’m hoping my writer’s block ends eventually or that i’m hit with a sudden urge to write sometime soon because i miss writing.

my dream career went from author, to something that involves writing, to i have no idea anymore as my passion for and consistency in writing began to diminish. i still did (and do) it occasionally, but i don’t love it as much anymore, and i know that i would grow to absolutely detest it if i had to make it my career. that made me realize that i can’t make a career out of any of my hobbies (ex. photography, makeup, writing, etc) because even though i’d be making money for it, having to do it consistently + at times when i may not want to would result in me becoming bored, and i uh... don’t do well when i’m bored, and i don’t do well when i’m forced into things that i don’t want to do.

i think my new dream career (or at least a career that i’d like to give a chance) might be something involving retail and working with animals. i was thinking maybe a job at petsmart, or even as a groomer? i don’t know. i did co-op at petvalu back in 2019, and while the people i worked with were terrible, the customers and animals that accompanied them weren’t. they were kind, i had pleasant conversations with some of them, and i got to meet and pet some adorable furry companions; the one i remember the most is whisper the blind kitten. she was white with green eyes, and her fur was like nothing i’d ever felt before. it felt almost like petting a beanbag chair? LMAO i don’t know, it was just very satiny and silky feeling lol. i’m not sure if this is a career i’d want for the rest of my life, but i’d definitely love to give it another shot (and actually get paid this time lol). i love animals, and i don’t mind the retail part, either; i like organizing shelves, restocking products, pricetagging items, etc. i just hope that the people i work with/for in the future are nicer than the people at my co-op location.

Last edited:
My true dream career is not having a career and just getting paid huge money to do nothing :X

At this point, I more or less have my dream career. I want to work from home (check...for now, at least) while doing something in the computer science field and making use of my degree (check).
This is the biggest mood. 😂

My dream career is to be an online small business owner. Think like Etsy, but not necessarily Etsy. It would let me be creative while having complete control over my work. I would consider opening a little downtown shop if I was successful 🥰

Back