• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

what is under tom nooks blue pants?

This thread makes me so happy.
But no seriously the tanuki thing is legit. There's a tanuki statue in-game, called the Raccoon Figurine, and it has "them" down to its feet.

a pair of abnormally large testicles

tom nook is based on a tankui, which are depicted with large testicles in japanese culture, which symbolize financial luck/richness (makes sense since tom nook is greedy and money hungry). the game obviously has to censor this this because it's targeted towards young children, so they gave him the pants/apron to cover them, probably to symbolize modesty.
then when he upgrades his attire, and has nothing covering his lower region, he tucks them up inside his clothes, which is why his tummy is so big

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

This... Please don't...

although tbh this does sound legit

this game is rated e for everyone and y'all need to stop

But this forum is rated M for mature. Some serious s*** gets discussed here, so I don't know why it is off-limits to talk about Tom Nook's junk. At least he has the decency to cover up unlike a lot of characters in the game.

Last edited:
But this forum is rated M for mature. Some serious s*** gets discussed here, so I don't know why it is off-limits to talk about Tom Nook's junk. At least he has the decency to cover up unlike a lot of characters in the game.

were you here for the kid who was in love with his cousin because that drama was EASILY my favorite thing i've seen on this forum

Last edited:
were you here for the kid who was in love with his cousin because that drama was EASILY my favorite thing i've seen on this forum

Nope. I don't know what you are talking about. :( I would have liked to have been around for that though.

actually he is a racoon and tanukis are not racoons

Um... In the JP game he was a tanuki, and the only reason he was translated as a raccoon in international version was because tanukis are specifically from Japanese legends. His name is even a play on tanuki, so it's not even so much a cultural translation as a Genius Bonus.
So, yeah, he has a stash of sake (most likely) and all the tanuki parts.

a pair of abnormally large testicles

tom nook is based on a tankui, which are depicted with large testicles in japanese culture, which symbolize financial luck/richness (makes sense since tom nook is greedy and money hungry). the game obviously has to censor this this because it's targeted towards young children, so they gave him the pants/apron to cover them, probably to symbolize modesty.
then when he upgrades his attire, and has nothing covering his lower region, he tucks them up inside his clothes, which is why his tummy is so big

enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg

I almost typed up the same thing. I sent a picture of the old japanese folk art of tanukis and chuckled a bit.

Isn't it an apron? Anyways, under those lustrous, burlap clothes, there lives a magical troll that ha even more burlap clothes on with pockets to new dimensions... Or some huge testies. :p

Back