• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is the hardest level/world you ever played in a game?

VanitasFan26

I'm just a ghost.
Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
For me it was Rusty Bucket Bay from Banjo Kazooie. Oh my god I hate that world with a burning passion. As much as I enjoy the game this world is just hard. The Jiggies are hard to get especially the one where you have to go into the engine room just to stop the engine fans, and then get out of the engine room, swim down to the fans and get the Jiggy. If you run out of time the fans activate and if you hit them its instant death. Back on N64 if you die you have to recollect everything in the game which is a mechanic I really don't like, but I know on the Xbox 360 Arcade version they got rid of that.

What is the hardest level/world you played and gave you trouble?

If you have never played Rayman Legends with the Living Dead Party levels, you have not truly suffered. It took me so long to beat them. The effects are all part of the levels.

I typically don't play a lot of "difficult" or high skill games as I'm usually not very good at them. That being said, by far the hardest thing I have beaten is the optional secret final boss fight after the conclusion of the Octo Expansion in Splatoon 2. That fight is insanely hard. I especially had trouble with one of it's middle phases. It took me countless tries over a period of at least 2 hours to finally beat it. Not really worth the little golden accessory you get by beating but just the satisfaction from beating such a difficult boss was more than enough for me.

The two arcade games in stardew valley are difficult as heck (for me anyway). I still haven't beaten either of them!!

Outside of that, I remember I tried Cuphead once and pretty much gave up after the first stage lol

As for what I've beaten.. how about that one gym leaders' Miltank in one of the pokemon games?? That was crazy

I typically don't play a lot of "difficult" or high skill games as I'm usually not very good at them. That being said, by far the hardest thing I have beaten is the optional secret final boss fight after the conclusion of the Octo Expansion in Splatoon 2. That fight is insanely hard. I especially had trouble with one of it's middle phases. It took me countless tries over a period of at least 2 hours to finally beat it. Not really worth the little golden accessory you get by beating but just the satisfaction from beating such a difficult boss was more than enough for me.
I agree, I don't think I finished anything from that DLC other than actually buying it lmfao.

For me it was the final boss fight in Super Mario Odyssey, and the parcour section that comes after it (I forgot what it’s called). Super Mario Odyssey is one of the few games in which I actually got 100%.

The darkest side of the moon from mario odyssey and the fast mode final trial of harmoknight for me were the hardest I can think of. They both took days to complete but it felt so rewarding when I finally did.

The level 5-2 from the original mario bros, it took me around a year to pass thru this hammer bros for some reason 😭😭
I would get stuck at pretty much every level with a hammer bros on it, but this one took the longest. Actually, I don't even remember if I managed to beat the game itself.....

Sin título.png

Grandmaster Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy 2. I managed to get the initial star from that stage, but the one where you can't get hit even once is a pain. I was never able to beat it back when the game was new and it still holds true today. I should get back to playing the game again to see if I can finally beat it over a decade later.

Let's not talk about Cuphead. I absolutely disliked that game.

i don't really play games like that but i do play Miitopia on 3DS and i am avoiding trying to defeat the dark lord because i am scared that i won't be able to do it and i don't know how many tries i have...
my sibling used to play Cuphead and i remember they spent HOURS on the candy one. that game is so aesthetically pleasing but way too hard. they also played the first chapters of Deltarune and they spent so long trying to defeat Jevil.

Back