• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is the first 3DS game you've ever bought?

Technically the first games I got for the 3DS weren't 3DS games. I got a 3DS so I could use the online functionality of Pokemon Black & White.

I think the first actual 3DS game I got was New Leaf. I thought it might have been Pokemon X or Y, but I'm pretty sure I got New Leaf around the time it launched here, which was a few months prior.

Animal Crossing and Pokemon X. Bought them both on the same day. Animal Crossing is the reason i bought a 3DS.

I'm pretty sure it was Nintendogs French Bulldog edition. Nintendogs is the reason I got a DS in the first place a veryyyy long time ago, so the tradition carried over to 3DS. Now I no longer play it, as Tales of The Abyss & ACNL took over my life. rip.

Last edited:
I was going to buy a 3ds for ACNL, but it was getting delayed and Rhythm Thief became my first game instead. I bought my 3ds when one of the Mario Karts came out because they came out with a purple 3ds and got Rhythm Thief a week later.

Either Pilotwings Resort or Rayman. I got mine during the first week of 3DS launch.

the first ever 3ds game i got was super mario 3d land, but that doesn't really count as i got that as a gift for christmas along with my 3ds.

i think the first 3ds game i ever actually bought was... either the sims 3 (...yep) or animal crossing:new leaf. i can't really remember tho.

I bought Story of Seasons as my first 3DS game. I don't regret it at all! <3

Pilotwings Resort, it was like the only 'good' game when the 3DS released lol

My first 3DS game I even bought was Animal Crossing New Leaf and Disney Magical World ( ' v ' )

LEGO Jurassic World, but I haven't even played it yet... A month prior to getting a 3DS I purchased all of my wishlisted games in no particular order, but that one was the first because it was on sale at my local shop. c:

First ever played is Tomodachi Life, I think.

Last edited:
You know. It might have been New Super Mario Bros 2. But my first 3DS game I ever gotten was Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion. I got it for my birthday and I didn't really want that.

I recently bought a 3DS, so it's not a hazy memory! :p I bought Pokemon X because I wanted to get into the Pokemon series and the community. And then shortly after that I caved and got ACNL, too.

Back