• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What is plot resetting?

X_Jaykitty_X

Bells
Arcade Tokens
I've been seeing some posts about plot resetting and I would like to know what it is and why people do it?

the day that villagers place their plot with the fences, you don't load up your mayor as that saves it wherever it is when you load in. and it's random, so you don't get to choose. but if you make a new character, it keeps placing it in new places. as soon as you step off the bus with the new character, find the plot and if you like the location, go through with placing the new character's home and save the game. then go on your mayor and delete the new character you just made. if you don't like it, don't save and just shut off the game and make a new character and keep going until it suits you

Last edited:
It's About … Control. (Good Reasons.)

Thank you so much!

This is really for the purpose of trying to control, as much as one can realistically expect for himself/herself, where an expected and incoming villager will place his/her house.

This is most especially useful for developed towns. People do not want incoming villagers to obstruct paths or ruin flowers (especially hybrids). And they don't want them strangely placed immediately next to bridges and near those ramps heading down to the beach.

If you check out any of my towns, I would most recommend ACNLpics followed by Foster. I controlled, as best I could (at the time of dealing with the situations), where villagers' homes could be placed. ACNLpics, which is a theme town of museum-like homes with all "Animal Crossing" villagers' pictures being displayed, was meticulously planned and executed. On Day #01, I actually outlined, with the paths, the flow of the town. That made it easier on me for where villagers' houses could be placed.

People do this because they have pride in their efforts with developing attractive and appealing towns.

From my viewpoint, and my experience, I think "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" should have given the mayoral concept even more thought. I would have had mayors be given zoning control. Meaning, where homes could be built. What areas of town would be restricted only to Public Works Projects. (I would have even allowed for relocations. People would have loved that.)

Had "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" done this ? we could have been spared all the pain with this plot setting (early game villager move-ins after Day #01) and plot resetting (developed towns' incoming villagers).

Here are a couple links:

Back