• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What if the mayor had the rights to choose where a new villager would live?

Buster Bunny

Bells
Moving in can be usually troublesome and there are a lot of ways to prevent new villagers to move in bad spots like the middle of the road, too close to another villager house or even where a public projects or perfect trees stood.

So, what if we saw Tom Nook strolling around the town during the morning (before the opening hours) and he asked for suggestions about where the new resident should live if we were playing as the mayor character?

I personally think that would be nice if Nintendo accepted that as a feedback and added in an update.
I'm personally tired of doing the new save trick just to prevent losing something when a villager get a bad spot.

I wish we could do that, also, in the new update, villagers can't move on top of designs, but they can move right beside it.

Honestly, that would be so helpful! I have a big area reserved for cross-breeding flowers and I'm constantly scared that a villager will build their house there and I'll lose so many flowers! :(

I'd love if it were that easy lol, but Nintendo kind of already gave us the power to choose where. Even if it isn't as easy as 1-2-3. Plus, in a way, I'd still feel like even more of a dictator...

I think it'd be nice to mark certain approved areas, but more than that would feel like too much. I wouldn't even want to hand pick for each villager tbh.

also no it wouldn't be "too easy."

Technically, you can do that with the new update. You just need to cover your town in designs lmao

my town looks like a huge mess because of this

I would not be forced to create a new player for the plot resetting just to delete it later.

I made a character named Fifi which I liked the idea of giving her the appearance of a punk rock girl, but since I was in the hunt for Caroline, I had no choice but delete her.

I ended getting Mint with the new save trick and recently gave up of the campsite resetting trick.

If we could choose a new resident's spot then we could create a fourth character without needing to delete it later since it's time consuming.

Like others have said, you kind of already can dictate that. I wish the developers would stop playing games though and just let you zone move-ins if you want to. If people like the randomness, then they don't have to zone villager plots, but for the control freaks, the option should be available because they will find ways to make it happen anyway so why make them do all the tedious stuff to zone villager plots?

Back