• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What if it were a Port/Spin off?

Lucas4080

#FFFFFF
Bells
Switch
1794-8766-0880
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
New Horizons Token
Zipper Sakura
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
So, we've been waiting years. How would you guys feel if in the end it was another spin-off or a New Leaf port. This is extremely unlikely to happen, just curious on how you guys would react if it was the case.

I doubt this would happen. If it were a simple New Leaf port with no added content, I literally have no reason to buy it. If I want another town, the 3DS version would be much cheaper and have much longer battery life. If it did happen for some reason, I simply wouldn't buy it.

I believe that if it was either a port or a spin-off, they would have already marketed it as such. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see Nintendo releasing a title called "Animal Crossing 2019" and it being anything less than a main series game.

They wouldn't call it a new game and it would be more ambiguous if it was a port, besides, the AC series hasn't done a port before, and it shouldn't start now...

Why do that to a community that's been waiting years for a release on the console? (since the Wii release)

It would be a very foolish move especially since Mr. Iwata isn't around anymore.

I doubt it would be but if it was a port of New Leaf, with extra stuff added, I wouldn't mind so much.

They've already said it will be a new main series title so this isn't going to happen.

They wouldn't call it a new game and it would be more ambiguous if it was a port, besides, the AC series hasn't done a port before, and it shouldn't start now...

The first three games in the series for the N64/GC were literally just updates ports of each other

The first three games in the series for the N64/GC were literally just updates ports of each other

Oh right, I recall reading that (wasn't AC: GC just an enhanced port, and Japan got an exclusive version after it?)

I should have written that better, as it contradicts my statement, and said: "Since the early GC/N64 era, there haven't been ports/enhances since." It totally slipped my mind.

I'd go bananas if that was the case. Like many others, this is unlikely to happen. If Nintendo were to say that a port was coming, they would have straight up said it and not even take up much effort like they did with the direct.

It won't be a spin-off of any sort simply because they went out of their way to very plainly state that it was the next new mainline game in the post on their social media pages, because they knew there would be people overreacting and jumping to conclusions immediately.

MXKGGzb.png

That said, a spin-off would have caused rioting. But I would have been a-okay with a New Leaf Deluxe edition, just because I am starved for more AC and refuse to use my 3DS these days.

Last edited:
It's been confirmed to be a spin-off and if you ask me, I think it's likely that the concept will be similar to City Folk's. City Folk was essentially a heavily upgraded Wild World, with general features added and the city obviously. I think that could be happening now too in that we'll get an upgraded New Leaf on Nintendo Switch.

Buttttt this is based on absolutely nothing at all so I guess we'll just have to see.

Nintendo confirmed the night of the reveal that the 2019 game is going to be a brand new mainline game.

They have made some bad decisions, but I know Nintendo isn't that dumb enough to.

Last edited:
i doubt itll be a port of new leaf or even a slightly upgraded version either that will be very disappointing if they did just that

It will 100% be a brand new new game, I can assure you.

The fact that this even has to be stated is absurd. Did the Splatoon 2 and Smash Bros Ultimate reveals really do that much damage?

If I'm not mistaken Nintendo has said it's going to be a mainline game hovewer if it's going to be a spin-off I hope it won't be crappy like Amiibo Festival.

Tbh, I would react pretty upset. I mean we all saw what kind of hot mess Amiibo Festival turned out to be for the Wii U. I'd probably dislike the Youtube video trailer, react angry on their FB posts, and just give up the seriestbh. Too many years waiting for a mainline game, especially for home console. The switch is literally the perfect candidate since AC is popular handheld and console. It's a very stupid missed opportunity on Nintendo's part. I'm getting pretty tired of the 3DS and keeping up with New Leaf. (mainly because i have to make sure none of my dreamies move and thats honestly really stressful). The graphics bore me, I'm really ready to retire it for a new experience.

Buuuut all that "what ifs" aside, I'm confident this new main game will be just as fun as new leaf. I just hope its not watered down like pocket camp.

With how it was announced and advertised as "Animal Crossing 2019," it'd have to be some really good spin-off for me to be fine with it ending up as such.

I'd be pretty devastated but I'd still buy it because I'm weak for anything Animal Crossing related.

I genuinely can't see another spinoff happening after how huge amiibo festival bombed, but I wouldn't necessarily be against the idea of a New Leaf port. Make the graphics HD, maybe touch up a few things, and add a Welcome Amiibo-sized bit of new content, and I'd probably be happy with it.

Back