• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What happens with all AC games..

BellGreen

!(◎_◎;)
Bells
Peach (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Dusty Scroll
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
is that when a new AC game comes out, the rest get overshadowed and boring.

I hope the oldies don't get too flunked after AC:3DS. WW was the best I played.

I hope that they do!
Unfortunetely, my Wii is broken and my DS card kind of stolen... so I wish that anybody buys the new 3DS-version, although they like the other ones as well, in order to play online with me. I also hope for a lot of diaries by the Japanese folks so that we can read a bit about the game and see some screenshots before we get to play it.

But I agree, with every newer AC game the older versions got boring. Like when WW came out, I didn't play the GC anymore because it had no multiplayer. And when CF came out, I didn't play WW anymore because it had no such beautiful graphics. And now I suggest the 3DS game to overshadow ALL of the past games, since everything that I've seen until now is just pure perfection of all my unfullfilled wishes.

I still have my GC game and City Folk. I don't really play them all that much now, but I do still like them. WW was definitely my favorite (and my first), though I don't have a copy of it any more. I think that AC:3DS will outshine them all though, no matter how much you love the older games.

I don't think the 3DS game will overshadow the rest of the games mostly because the 3DS one seems very different from the past games. I'm sure there will be people who cling to the classic feel of the older ones.

I haven't avidly played ACWW in years. I go back to it for a few days, but just get bored again.

It's a great game and all, but it was my first AC game since 2006, and I've played the heck out of it. And after playing GC and CF with all it's improvements and holidays and such, I just can't bring myself to go back to WW.

But in all honesty, I think once I get AC3DS, the other 3 AC titles will be collecting dust. I already rarely play them anymore these days, but the new one seems to have improved so much it's going to be hard going back to the old ones.

I can still see myself going back to ACGC once in a while though. It's my favourite of the series and have lots of fond memories playing it.

I'll still probably go back to the oldies every so often. I've made each of my towns unique enough to where there is incentive for checking on them every couple of months. Heck, I've recently been playing Wild World despite the fact that I hadn't played for almost 2 years!

I dunno if I'll ever touch Wild World again after the 3DS version comes out, but I will more than likely occasionally still play the GameCube version. It'll always be a special game to me and even now I will want to play it more than WW regardless of all the extra stuff I can do in that game.

Back