• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gorgeous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game
New Leaf
Island/Town Name
Gorgeous
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Pear
Native Flower
Tulips

weddingsalon

Bells
Switch
2526-3412-6132
Island
UFO
o26LLBG.gif

7N4Hwjk.gif

G O R G E O U S
2 0 2 2 ∙ 0 2 ∙ 2 4

Villagers
Aurora Agnes ∙ Clyde Curlos ∙ Lobo
Monique ∙ Pompom Pudge ∙ Truffles
87dJALh.gif

Timetravel 🆖 Save Editor 🆗
Twitter ‧ MoriDB (Catalog)
COoma2Q.png

Last edited:
🎀 🧸 💌

🆕 I haven't visited my New Leaf town in awhile but I've found myself thinking about it a lot lately; I was away for 7 months according to Curlos lol. I was very interested in the diary aspect of playing when I was active, I took screenshots of the things I did and kept track of my town's progress, something I don't do as strictly on NH.. but I never thought about posting here! I was actually posting somewhere else.. I wasn't aware you could create Journals for New Leaf towns.

I really enjoy this town and all of my villagers - most of them have actually moved away but that's alright lol. I did a lot of running around, a lot of maintenance tasks and a lot of other boring things lol. The first thing I do after logging on is run to the shops to peruse the new wares..

Fri, Dec 15 2023
☆ Bijou, Gorgeous

Bv9EsJx.png

Dj5jWoE.png

cZluLPE.png

Simple girl simple pleasures ^_^
There were some decent items on display - I bought a Jingle bed before I could screenshot it. A habit of mine from WW is collecting songs and paper, I always look at the paper and buy it if it's cute lol. I bought this snowy paper too.. I want to send letters to my favorite villagers Curlos and Aurora.

VIJodaf.png

Ran into Curlos @ Able's and he chided me lol. I think I bought the Fishbone Tee which I was happy about.

I miss the clothing of WW / NL! There's a lot of bright, silly, playfulness to the items in older games that doesn't get captured as well in NH. We used to accessorize with the pacifier all the time on WW as a kid and I began wearing it again in NL.

After my shopping spree my pockets were full; I went home and reorganized my closet/storage and changed my outfit.

CCLKTNj.png

1rk7vCN.png

Clp9PzP.png

9H6Wcni.png

joBuyBr.png

Y9RWgjO.png

VRSd1qr.png

Messed around with some of the furniture in my other rooms and checked my fortune. I'm still not satisfied with the layout and I may tweak it again when I have time..

I need to clean up my front room / basement but I also don't mind leaving things lying around lol. I have furniture but I don't really have furniture-furniture.. no full sets besides Lovely so I don't feel pressure to decorate seriously.

EOwob8Y.png

Yessss! My favorite part of the day!
☆ ★

I spent a lot of time creating hybrids last time I was playing, it was so much fun ahaha. I'm usually not this discerning with flowers but I walked around town positioning and watering roses/tulips while selling other flowers and gyroids I found. I'm focused on growing pink/orange roses and tulips. I also have some black roses - not sure what I'm doing with those yet.

wezs6wu.png

dEBHAuf.png

Another outfit change.

Blathers let me know I completed a new species so I took a photo with it. Harry, a former villager, was wandering around in here too lol.

Last edited:
🎀 🧸💌

Sat, Dec 16 2023
6pm ‧ Gorgeous

2xqBKdP.png
PFwXMU5.png

I started my day off by chatting with my villagers \^_^/
Everyone was out and about this evening, the first person I ran into was Aurora.

I've never had her in my town before but getting to know her has made me really fond of her. she's ssssoooo cute lol, just adorable all around I believe she's a normal villager which might be why. Normal personalities are also one of the easier temperaments to become friends with/get a picture from if I remember correctly.

I was hoping she'd tell me what she wanted for Toy Day but no such luck, aha.

OOLa4k0.png
8QcyLpT.png

The second person I ran into was Butch! He's quite sweet so I'm excited to have him. While we were talking he told me what he wanted for Toy Day but I forgot[!!!!!!????], lol. I need to write these down; I know Rosie wants a plant..

Next I visited the new villager Isabelle mentioned while booting up.

IjCzhln.png
ozS7v9D.png

GvBconL.png
suOcGhI.png

It's a rabbit villager, Cole! I don't think I've had any rabbits in Gorgeous. We couldn't talk much as he's still unpacking, but he was cute haha. He's my ninth villager which I think triggers a villager move out.. Rosie asked the other day but I told her no. I wish I let her now that there are other villagers I like more.

It almost feels like NL villagers move out at the same rate/abruptness as AC villagers.. it feels a lot faster than WW but that might be because the hobbies are more detailed, which keeps them longer, and the depth of relationships is also a bit different/more detailed. I also think the chances to stop them and more pertinent/important and defined.. there's also the trapping glitch which adds an extra layer of security.

I don't dislike any of my villagers but I'm keeping Aurora/Curlos for sure, I'd like to keep Butch, and I'll try to save Boone.

w5frBmE.png
XBMi4xb.png
NuCI1yQ.png

Free to water flowers and re-organize/clean up around town, yay. I collected my daily fossils/gyroids, hit the money rock and found ore before running into Muffy.

I also got my first pink tulip; it was the only hybrid tulip that grew today. I forgot to screenshot the pink rose I found but I moved it closer to my home and watered it, I also watered the hybrids surrounding my second character's house.

After that I scoured the beach for shells and sold them - I never really break this habit no matter how much is in the bank lol. It's something to do.. I was able to con Rosie into buying one of my items at Re-Tail while we were there. I tend to sell them for cheap and I got around 300 bells from the purchase.

Y9v86Ga.png
w8DyzHV.png

7ohmxK1.png
ccMlPe2.png

While running around I found a lost item, realized I hadn't introduced myself to Boone (it wasn't his) and eventually returned it to the rightful owner lol. Muffy gifted me a go-board in return. I'm actually happy about it despite it being such a basic item lol, I know it'll stand out in my home so I really want to use it. It also helps me further my catalog, which is really small right now!

I know I've called everyone else's introductions and reactions cute thusfar, but Boone's was actually the cutest hahaha. I like how earnest the jock villagers are and I usually find them to be very sweet and kind/caring because of it, similar to the way I feel about normal villagers. I'm naturally attracted to their personalities and enjoy having them in my town.

rnDOt6A.png
ynoKzE3.png

dbGUon5.png
8Z16KGX.png

Wrap up: I caught a dung beetle and donated it, created a PERFECT SNOWBOY! and will be receiving a letter in the mail, declined Muffy's nickname suggestion loool - I felt bad at how she wilted afterwards but it was so .. plain, unaffectionate, unfitting ahahaha, and placed the go-board she gave me in return for finding her lost item in my front room. My depth perception in this game is so bad I'm surprised I got the beetle on the first try. I always think I'm super close but I'm actually like 3 steps too far back, or too far left, or at the wrong angle, lmaoooo.

When I first started this save I played on my 2DS XL which has a micro SD card; it's too difficult for me to remove but even if I did I wouldn't be able to access anything on it or get my screenshots onto my computer without more effort, there's a certain cord I'd need to purchase (or something). Anyway, a lot of my screenshots from when I first started this save are on there which I'm so sad about lol. Lots of screenshots of partying at Club lol, silly outfits, walking through my museum and viewing everything I just donated. It's one of my favorite 'new town' feelings, being super into bug-catching or fishing, depending on the season, and racking up donations for the museum.

I wanted orange hair again so I got it done to look like my WW character ruby from lovepill ^.^
I happened to be wearing the same fluffy dress I always dressed her in ☺

1y2HUUq.png

Sun-Sat, Dec 17-23 2023
6pm ‧ Gorgeous​

e8nVMxg.png
jnVQte7.png

5Hl4Lq3.png
lVShgFL.png

Been awhile ^.^ Here's what I've been up to..
I created a perfect snow family ♡ Snowtyke sent me the Snowman Matryoshka the next day. Yay ^_^ it was really fun making them lol.
I had the most fun with the Snowboy, I love the Snow furniture. So far I have three items; dresser, fridge, sofa and head.

I was able to earn the bulk of my Ice furniture in 2 days; I haven't built my second Snowmam yet but I'm only missing three items (bed, clock and vanity).
I wanted to get the ice furniture quickly because I was worried about the time I'd spend making perfect Snowboys, but I have until February.. additionally I'll end up needing all 4 snowpeople if I want the remaining items from the Snowtyke.

Never considered resetting over it until I made an imperfect Snowboy yesterday. Annoyed I didn't think of it beforehand lol.
The pain of realizing the top snowball was too big right as it's being placed..
mPbDlDX.png
lWEqZFO.png
PGsDtWI.png

9YhpUt9.png
hmo3pdm.png

Miscellaneous holiday furniture from the Snow, Jingle and Ice sets; snowpeople

Sun, Dec 17 2023

AvK6cK4.png
0JAYYPk.png
4V7hrJj.png
mgP2U03.png

The next day I received a Snowman hat from the Snowboy! Ran an errand for Boone and he gave me a new shirt ☺♥ I put it on immediately and kept it on because it's so cute.
Shortly after I ran into Curlos and he asked to come over. Of course I said yes!

qiZiedU.png
hcymKq8.png

Curlos kindly dealing with my impromptu photoshoots

Dec ? 2023

zYaXAy1.png
o0uJAUI.png

XbHBqqw.png
MutkSyS.png

I decided to go back to my old exterior for a different theme.
I tried to get a cuter, pinker home but it's taking too long and the in-between phase of mismatched items is beginning to bother me. I have at least four different sets going on & I forget what I was going for lol.
0bI4vXj.png

Previous exterior

Today, Dec 23

rdgRilQ.png
cJ4fYCF.png
Ab9ioYc.png
Nu4TdME.png

My fortune today was Good Love Luck; I wore my lucky item, passed my fashion evaluation (1/4) and bought my last piece of Jingle furniture from the Jingle Series.

I'm sad I couldn't collect more, I think I'm missing 3-4 pieces or around there (lamp, shelves, table, tv) but I almost completed it.

I went back to red hair. Your player is so pale in the winter months and the lighting is so harsh I could barely see my halo lol; everything was too bright.
I kept the blue pigtails for around 3 days this time and I miss them now that they're gone, but I was beginning to miss the red too. I'll try this hairstyle again soon in a different color.
difL7s4.png
atRSr9e.png

My villagers have been asking about PWPs more and more lately, I've been doing batch tests in landscaping..
I'm not a fan of paths but I'm at a loss on how to make my town more cohesive/structured without them lol. I guess with flowers? Idk!?

Curlos suggested the police station. I love[d] the dump, I love[d] the Lost and Found. I love free stuff. I will definitely make note of this PWP lol. I originally wanted Copper and the modern station but now I'm leaning towards classic because the other PWPs I want are also wood/wooden.

Last edited:

Imgur is down right now, scrolling through this thread all of my links are broken and I can't upload anything but I want to gather my thoughts, plan and update on town progress anyway lol.

Right now it's 9:43AM and I'm waiting for the shops to open. Gorgeous is coming along well so I'm happy! Let me find a good place to start.

♡ PWPs
♡ Bushes / Trees; landscaping
♡ Villagers
♡ Miscellaneous

I'll start with the PWPs I've built so far. On Dec 27(?) I finally decided to put up the Police Station, it was suggested by Curlos (smug) around a week or so prior and I chose the Classic version. I spent all my time since he suggested it debilitating over a location; I removed the image I posted of my layout but essentially the upper half of my town has 5 ponds, the river doesn't wind too much but it's decently sized, and the bottom half of my town is thin.

When I created Gorgeous I felt stifled/bored by out-of-the-way rivers and 'minimal' landmarks. I wanted more ponds for a unique layout and I enjoyed the idea of working with what I had.. occasionally I reflect on that thought like what was I thinking lol, but all in all it's the bottom half of my town that bothers me more.

But I'm happy with the Police Station ♥ I originally intended to wait awhile, plant flora and decorate before I paid it off, and I did by a tiny bit; but I ended up paying it off the next day (Thursday). Leaving it unpaid bothered me a bit because I was moving villager plots at the same time while trying to get a clearer picture of how everything tied together. Which I could not do staring at an empty plot lol.

On Friday I decided to work on rennovating my bridges. I want to replace my cobblestone bridges (2) with suspension bridges (3); I want two diagonal bridges and one straight down. I built my diagonal bridge, paid it off and demolished the bridge on the left (processing) - by Sunday it'll be gone. I assume I'll have a forced rest period until Tuesday due to the holiday so I guess I'll spend my time landscaping. Speaking of..

I have nothing in the way of a set layout (I have no idea where I'm putting specific PWPs or homes, not many PWPs I'm specifically even vying for, I tend to build around things and/or think on my feet) but I'm trying to do things that look.. nice. I am NOT a fan of paths! At all! I love the seasons, grass and natural aspects of AC that go beyond decoration so I'm trying to find a balance; I was thinking of using four-leaf clovers as paths on certain areas and bushes the rest of the time but I haven't come to anything conclusive yet.

I've moved in a few villagers in the past couple of days but I'm now rethinking it and will be moving them OUT lol; I know for sure I want two specific female villagers. I'm debilitating over male villagers.. I want to invite Pudge back. I don't have any specific villagers I want in my NL town but I also don't find myself chatting with them so something needs to change.

I got the melon tee ^______^ ♪ I've won two Gracie challenges; one more and she'll open up shop in Gorgeous, I've also had very good luck. I didn't buy turnips last week (they were 106) but today I had good money luck and it was suggested I buy them tomorrow, which I planned to do lol, especially with these PWPs I need to pay off. Hopefully that goes well.. I also finally have proof of my money luck; 200 bells when I chopped a tree today! I always either hit money rock before I remember to check fortune or don't end up shaking trees, etc after I have checked.

I created my final Snowmam and collected the last few Ice items I needed; she was a lot more polite this time around so I think she was more balanced compared to last time. It took me almost 15 minutes because I kept accidentally making Snowboys lol. I need about 7 more Snow items from the Snowboy, afterwards I plan to work towards winning Snowman items. I might skip Snowtyke.

I sold most of the gyroids in my basement, I'm working on feng shui for my main room as well as keeping lucky items around per month/season (gold bug/fish trophy year-round for example, dung beetles and bagworms are also in season for Jan/Feb). Ed gave me a legit painting.. Redd is in town today as well. I'm happiest about the melon tee ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back