• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What do you think that AC Community needs to come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we need a new game, more specifically for switch
because if there's another main game on the 3ds no ones gonna get it because the 3ds in general is dying

i mean a ton of people have lost interest in the game (like me! i keep losing interest) because of how long its been (six years this year after japan release)

These boards are still fairly active even though there hasn't been a new mainline Animal Crossing game released in five years.I think if Nintendo released a new AC mainline game on the 3DS,the fans of the series would be just as happy as they would be with a Switch release......probably even more so because the 3DS still has a much larger installed base than the Switch(even though the Switch is selling really well).I wonder if Nintendo will do just that....a 3DS release only.Nintendo doesn't really need an AC game to sell the Switch,unlike the slow-selling Wii U.Maybe they'll make some kind of announcement at the next E3.

I disagree.

The 3DS is an old console. Released in 2011. Most people don?t play it anymore because it?s old. Plus, New Leaf is already on the 3DS. It doesn?t make sense if another big-title game was released on it again.

Even though the 3DS has a lot more sales than the Switch, not that many people still use their 3DS. The main title AC games are always on the new console so it just doesn?t make sense that there?s two main AC games on the same old console. It would just be a waste for Nintendo to do that, and i?m pretty sure it would not get as many sales as New Leaf as the 3DS isn?t that popular than it was a few years back.

Maybe the Switch is expensive, and the next AC game will be expensive. But that only means it?s gonna be even better, even greater, than New Leaf. We have all been waiting for that.

I disagree.

The 3DS is an old console. Released in 2011. Most people don’t play it anymore because it’s old. Plus, New Leaf is already on the 3DS. It doesn’t make sense if another big-title game was released on it again.

Even though the 3DS has a lot more sales than the Switch, not that many people still use their 3DS. The main title AC games are always on the new console so it just doesn’t make sense that there’s two main AC games on the same old console. It would just be a waste for Nintendo to do that, and i’m pretty sure it would not get as many sales as New Leaf as the 3DS isn’t that popular than it was a few years back.

Maybe the Switch is expensive, and the next AC game will be expensive. But that only means it’s gonna be even better, even greater, than New Leaf. We have all been waiting for that.

I only bought my 3ds xl and NL, just over a year ago.

It's not obsolete!
I'm sick of reading how old it is.

It's new to ME!

It's not obsolete!

It's new to ME!

Do you realize how inane that sounds?

The 3ds is dying and you should be grateful Nintendo has supported the console for as long as they have. Unfortunately for you, real life dictates that the 3ds was released SIX YEARS AGO, and that the switch is Nintendo's biggest cash cow and area to grow. I speak like someone who doesn't play the 3ds anymore - but I actually do. But to say the 3ds isn't dying or has a long life ahead is delusional. For example, I used to get 5-6 streetpasses a day when I started college 3 years ago. Now? I only get one or two PER WEEK. Almost nobody uses or carries around their 3ds anymore.

Nintendo can't make business decisions worth millions upon millions of dollars on the ever-shrinking market of people like yourself. The world can't revolve around you.

It doesn't matter if "IT'S NEW TO ME!!!!!!!" Because it's not new to the VAST majority of people. Nintendo will make business decisions based on what is most profitable for them. And the 3ds is becoming less and less so as time goes on. It's simply a fact of business.

If you hate hearing that the 3ds is dying so much, then either buckle up and accept that it is, or don't engage in these sorts of conversations. I can't tell you what to enjoy or what to buy. I still enjoy the 3ds myself, and realize the switch is expensive. But implicitly demanding that Nintendo keep supporting the 3ds over the switch is incredibly foolish.

Honestly sick of the hostility between 3ds and switch users when I use both and think both are great. But yes, the Switch will continue to grow as a bigger and bigger priority for Nintendo, and the 3ds less and less. Six years of the 3ds is an incredible lifespan for the console, and for reasons I've already explained before, a new AC on the 3ds would be bad for Nintendo, really bad for the fans, and extremely bad for the series overall.

Last edited:

It's not obsolete!

It's new to ME!

They do keep re-releasing different versions. It is easier typing on the new xl, still a silly name. It would have been nice to have this system when swapnote was a thing. I'm still not sold on the switch, mostly looking at the prices of what I'd want with one.

Do you realize how inane that sounds?

The 3ds is dying and you should be grateful Nintendo has supported the console for as long as they have. Unfortunately for you, real life dictates that the 3ds was released SIX YEARS AGO, and that the switch is Nintendo's biggest cash cow and area to grow. I speak like someone who doesn't play the 3ds anymore - but I actually do. But to say the 3ds isn't dying or has a long life ahead is delusional. For example, I used to get 5-6 streetpasses a day when I started college 3 years ago. Now? I only get one or two PER WEEK. Almost nobody uses or carries around their 3ds anymore.

Nintendo can't make business decisions worth millions upon millions of dollars on the ever-shrinking market of people like yourself. The world can't revolve around you.

It doesn't matter if "IT'S NEW TO ME!!!!!!!" Because it's not new to the VAST majority of people. Nintendo will make business decisions based on what is most profitable for them. And the 3ds is becoming less and less so as time goes on. It's simply a fact of business.

If you hate hearing that the 3ds is dying so much, then either buckle up and accept that it is, or don't engage in these sorts of conversations. I can't tell you what to enjoy or what to buy. I still enjoy the 3ds myself, and realize the switch is expensive. But implicitly demanding that Nintendo keep supporting the 3ds over the switch is incredibly foolish.

Honestly sick of the hostility between 3ds and switch users when I use both and think both are great. But yes, the Switch will continue to grow as a bigger and bigger priority for Nintendo, and the 3ds less and less. Six years of the 3ds is an incredible lifespan for the console, and for reasons I've already explained before, a new AC on the 3ds would be bad for Nintendo, really bad for the fans, and extremely bad for the series overall.

The fact that you replied that my totally valid post was 'inane', shows that you do not know the meaning of that word.

The fact that you replied that my totally valid post was 'inane', shows that you do not know the meaning of that word.

just going to leave this here....

3af3763aec308b08d2c20ad688fece03.png

I really do hope Nintendo sort out a better friends list on the switch compared to the 3ds, or Implement a community feature like on the playstion 4 that would be awesome! It would definitely help out the animal crossing community as well.

As soon as they release the new animal crossing on switch. I’ll be picking up a switch. I just hope they improve the town building, it would instantly make the game perfect :)

It's not obsolete!

It's new to ME!

The GBA is new to ME. Does that mean Nintendo should resume making games for that system?

The 3DS is a 6 year old console. Whether or not the console is "new to you" does not change the age of the console, or how business and marketing works. I understand a lot of us, including myself, are itching for a new Animal Crossing title, and more than likely it will release on the Switch. Whether or not it's a matter of people being unable to afford the console, at the end of the day, the Switch is Nintendo's main console, and it will only continue to sell more once Animal Crosisng is released/announced. I loved the 3DS and I'd go as far to say it's my favorite video game system of all time, but it's time to let it go and accept what changes are to come.

Now can we please stop getting into these petty arguments every time an Animal Crossing Switch thread arises? At the end of the day, the next title more than likely will be on the Switch - and of course there are going to be a number of 3DS owners who will be upset - but we can't change that. All we can do is accept it.

It's not obsolete!

It's new to ME!

i’m not talking about how old it is to you. i’m talking about how old the actual 3ds is itself, and how the majority of its users have lost interest in it over the years.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The 3DS is a 6 year old console. Whether or not the console is "new to you" does not change the age of the console, or how business and marketing works. I understand a lot of us, including myself, are itching for a new Animal Crossing title, and more than likely it will release on the Switch. Whether or not it's a matter of people being unable to afford the console, at the end of the day, the Switch is Nintendo's main console, and it will only continue to sell more once Animal Crosisng is released/announced. I loved the 3DS and I'd go as far to say it's my favorite video game system of all time, but it's time to let it go and accept what changes are to come.

Now can we please stop getting into these petty arguments every time an Animal Crossing Switch thread arises? At the end of the day, the next title more than likely will be on the Switch - and of course there are going to be a number of 3DS owners who will be upset - but we can't change that. All we can do is accept it.

thank you! i really am not sure where people are getting the idea it’s gonna be on the 3ds.

It's not obsolete!

It's new to ME!

The whole world doesn't revolve around what system YOU want a new AC game on. They're going to put it on the system that's making them the most money, aka the Switch. An AC release around a holiday such as Christmas would increase sales, in both the console and the game. It's a pretty common business tactic lol.
Nintendo has already stated that they are (for the most part) done with the 3DS and the DS family and are moving on to focus on the Switch. The DS family is OLD. The switch is revolutionary for a lot of people, and it's certiantly better than the WiiU. I'm sorry, but the switch would provide a lot more $$$ for Nintendo.

ALSO the 3DS is very limited when it comes to graphics. Have you ever played a newer Pokemon game? Those games lag so much because the 3DS is being pushed to it's limits. The switch would allow the people who develop AC to put out a much better game for us, much bigger in scale than New Leaf or anything on the DS could ever dream to be.

Last edited:
Wow,I didn't realize that there's so much acrimony between 3DS users and Switch users.Frankly,I'm very surprised at the tone of some of the posts here.People seem to be more than a bit upset but I suppose waiting so long for a new AC game can do that.I was merely speculating about a new AC game being released on the 3DS because Nintendo has been known to throw us a few curve balls in the past(both bad and good).Eh,whichever console they release it on,I know I'm gonna buy it.

I haven't been aruing at all. o_O

Of course, your intense dislike for me, no matter how obvious it is to everyone that I haven't said nor done anything wrong, is always showing.

It wouldn't matter what I said, you always find a way to put me down in front of everyone.

All I do is try to help people.

If you want me to leave - SAY IT!

Last edited:
The whole world doesn't revolve around what system YOU want a new AC game on. They're going to put it on the system that's making them the most money, aka the Switch. An AC release around a holiday such as Christmas would increase sales, in both the console and the game. It's a pretty common business tactic lol.
Nintendo has already stated that they are (for the most part) done with the 3DS and the DS family and are moving on to focus on the Switch. The DS family is OLD. The switch is revolutionary for a lot of people, and it's certiantly better than the WiiU. I'm sorry, but the switch would provide a lot more $$$ for Nintendo.

ALSO the 3DS is very limited when it comes to graphics. Have you ever played a newer Pokemon game? Those games lag so much because the 3DS is being pushed to it's limits. The switch would allow the people who develop AC to put out a much better game for us, much bigger in scale than New Leaf or anything on the DS could ever dream to be.
He just said it isn't obsolete. I'm going to play it at least as long as the wi-fi is supported. Nintendo even made a statement saying the 3ds and Switch would co-exist.

I haven't been aruing at all. o_O

Of course, your intense dislike for me, no matter how obvious it is to everyone that I haven't said nor done anything wrong, is always showing.

It wouldn't matter what I said, you always find a way to put me down in front of everyone.

All I do is try to help people.

If you want me to leave - SAY IT!

I never directly targeted or singled you out in my post, nor was it my intention to put you down. If that's how you felt I do apologise but please understand that was not my intention. I was simply addressing an issue that had been brought to my attention.
As for the thread, it seems to have run its course, thus I'll be locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back