What do you think of girls who wear absolutely no makeup?

I don't mind if they don't have makeup on. I don't wear makeup myself, the only time I've worn some sort of cosmetic product was lipstick and it was because we were required to wear it for a performance.

Last edited:
I think they're great! They spend less time fawning over themselves in the mirror, so I can get to the sink easier to wash my hands in public restrooms.

I don't care, women look gorgeous even without makeup. Just don't go overboard with the make up.

I dont wear makeup, takes to long and doesnt make me prettier :^)

I've never worn makeup, and I really shouldn't care about if other people wear it (and for the most part I don't), but I honestly just can't stand it when girls my age (15) or even younger have a caked on face of makeup. Like, I know it's wrong to judge people and everything, but it JUST BOTHERS ME! Like, you're young! You don't have to do any of that stuff! It wrecks your skin anyway.....

sorry rant over

I've never worn makeup, and I really shouldn't care about if other people wear it (and for the most part I don't), but I honestly just can't stand it when girls my age (15) or even younger have a caked on face of makeup. Like, I know it's wrong to judge people and everything, but it JUST BOTHERS ME! Like, you're young! You don't have to do any of that stuff! It wrecks your skin anyway.....

sorry rant over
Yeah it's really sad to see people ages 9-13 wearing a ton of makeup since it so easily gives the image of ''I hate myself and think that I'm only an acceptable human being if I look pretty'' and it really feels like they're throwing their childhood away by trying to act like adults.

I don't really care or notice if other girls are wearing makeup or not. The only time I'll usually notice is if a girl is wearing too much makeup (like the girls that work at MAC)

I personally do wear light makeup anytime I leave the house, usually takes me 5 minutes, so nothing too crazy

I never wear makeup. I just don't like wearing it, and it's so annoying to apply. I don't really care if someone wears it or not. I honestly kinda wish I knew someone who was super amazing at it, so I could try the really fancy contouring type just to see what it looks like on me for fun. But that would probably be a one time thing.

I'm not comfortable or confident with how I look, but I would feel even more uncomfortable with makeup. Because it wouldn't feel like me, I guess? I remember when I was 7 years old my mom and I got professional photos taken, and they put a lot of makeup on her face. And I ended up crying because it didn't feel like my mommy and I thought it was permanent. lol

Right on. Do what you want for yourself. I love makeup but that's my life and style choice. It's good to give your face a break. Once you grow out of acne or take care of whatever medical problem is affecting your face, it's not so bad to be without makeup.

Taking good care of your skin in order to look good with little or minimal makeup is sometimes a skill to be admired. People have to go through hundreds and thousands of dollars of products and changes to their lifestyle to make their skin smooth and glowing.

Likewise, it's also admirable when people apply on their makeup well! In Korea, there are a lot of girls (and guys!) that apply foundation that is 2 shades lighter than their skin, and just draw 2 unblended brown lines to contour their jaws lol. ;_;

Personally I don't wear make up, I've tried it a little before but it never really gave me more self-esteem (& my self esteem is like 0) and it definitely didn't make me feel more comfortable but I do admire those who can style make-up and If wearing make-up makes someone feel more confident then that's great but regardless if you do or don't wear make-up it's not something I'd be mindful of nor is it something that another persons opinion should affect, all that matters is that you feel comfortable and it's something you want.

I've very rarely bothered with makeup personally - I love the colours, the artistry involved in creating different looks.. but it's just too much effort for me to want to spend my time on myself.

My skin is okay, and I do have naturally dark, very thick, long eyelashes (which got me into trouble in high school as the assistant principles would check us before school photos and tell me off for wearing makeup, a fact I found infuriating and insulting at the age of 13 lol). I apply a lip balm, and do own a concealer/illuminator duo and a mascara wand that get used occasionally. Most of the eyeshadow and eyeliners will just sit unused, gathering dust until I throw them out or use them with my nephew for an art project lol. I've stopped looking in the makeup section as I just cbf using any of that stuff I don't already use...

As for what others wear, or don't - I loathe seeing children under 10 or so wearing a face full of makeup, especially when it is clear that the child isn't comfortable or happy wearing it. Makeup is ****ing restricting - anything that touches your face can get stained, and you need to periodically check everything is where it should be (and fix it if it's not). All this is fine for an adult or teen of any gender to take on if they choose : but I do not find it appropriate to encourage in younger children. Children who aren't comfortable in their own skin need help dealing with whatever is going on, not makeup to serve as a band-aid.

Aside from that, I don't care what people do or do not wear in the way of makeup. I object strenuously to any suggestion that I should or should not wear makeup myself, and I think it's quite rude to make unsolicited suggestions to people on this subject. It is a personal choice.

Last edited:
I hate wearing makeup! I hardly wear it. I only wear it when my mom force-puts it on me and I end up washing it off ASAP, anyway. It's been over a year since that happened, but she still hasn't 100% got the idea that I JUST DON'T LIKE WEARING MAKEUP! It really sucks to have your own mother of all people to care, but at least it doesn't matter to anyone else.

Same thing with hair. I honestly hate having ponytails/pigtails, and my mom hates that I always leave my hair down. The last time my mom (tried to) forced me to pull my hair back was June 3rd, 2016. The day of my high school graduation. But she ended up not making me because I was getting really upset over it and I didn't want anything to mess up the most important day of my life to date. Besides, I was wearing a graduation cap the whole time, so that would have made it even more uncomfortable. We were already under a lot of stress and from staying in a hotel that week, so that's why my mom was angrier and I was more upset than we ought to have been.

Anyway, back on topic. I think our generation is more appreciative of natural beauty than our parents' generation. Nowadays, I barely see/hear about girls that usually wear their up/pulled back. The vast majority (including myself) usually to always let their hair down. I went to an (amazing) academic banquette the week before my graduation and I noticed that most of the girls let their hair down.
And my mom. She was telling my dad that most of the girls at the academic thing were not wearing makeup. She was talking about how her generation wore a lot more than our generation. She even make a little joke that her generation "wore enough for our generation". And I am assuming that ponytails, braids, burettes, etc. were also more common back then.

Like I said earlier in this post, I think natural beauty and not caring what others think has become more and more common with teens and young adults over the years. I don't wear makeup and I always let my hair down, but you know what? That doesn't change me as a person and I am proud of who I am.

Last edited:
Makeup is too much maintenance for me personally.

If I had dryer skin, and didn't need to touch up every what seems like 5 minutes, then I'd probably wear make up sometimes, but I'm not really a fan of make up.

It makes the person seem untouchable because you wouldn't want to muss up their face.

But I have no opposition to make up. I think it looks fun, especially the sparkly eye shadows and glittery whatevers.

Too bad my skin is already shiny without make up ahaha.

I envy girls who don't wear make-up honestly. I have very little confidence in myself without it.

Back