• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What do you like in a town layout?

natalie

Princess
Bells
June Birthstone (Pearl)
森
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Yoshi Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Red Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
like, how you prefer your river, town hall, retail, ect to be. Also feel tree to post your town map!!!

a straight river, not one that bends in odd ways. . .
i like the town hall to be near the middle and re-tail to be near the train tracks

I ultimately don't mind what my river does, I just want it to ultimately leave an equal amount of space on both sides. Like, I don't want a massive lower section of town and then a wee splinter of land on top because of the river's placement. I wouldn't know what to do with it.

I also like for my town hall and retail to be at the top of the map, close to the train tracks. I have this annoying twinge about running into the back of buildings, so they have to be at the top.
Plaza can go wherever it wants, but it's conveniently at the top with the rest of my things in my town, so that's nifty.

I like my town hall to be directly west or east of my trainstation and my town plaza either below my train station or below my town hall.

Also, i like a think strip near the beach for a cute lighthouse spot :)

I usually look at a map and consider where to put police station, PWPs, Resetti Center, etc.

Last edited:
I honestly really want a private beach ;^; I'm really jealous of people that have them.

Last edited:
I have a lot of towns and prefer retail and event plaza at the top of map.
One harvest town has the plaza at the bottom and it's a hard to see with all the Perfect trees. Happy artwork is done now.
Town Hall I don't mine where it is. Most towns have the mayors house close to it.

The only thing I prefer is to have not too many lakes lol... I could probably live with everything else. Oh, also not having pears as a native fruit would be nice.

I do quite like having the plaza close to the train station. Otherwise, anything with a good amount of space is good enough for me - the layout I have in mine is irritating in that there are areas that are really narrow, so I can't put any PWP there, and if a villager moves in it's difficult to make the path around their house work.

What I like the most is when ther'e's a place which is a little private to place your house, and overall lots of space

Back