What do you like doing on here the most?

ohscrewthename

Bells
Hi, I'm a new user who joined way back in 2013. I would really like to start using these forums more, so I'd like to know what some of the best areas of this forum are? This way I can enjoy myself without feeling so intimidated and also meet some cool people. :) Help a girl out? :blush:

Hi, I'm a new user who joined way back in 2013. I would really like to start using these forums more, so I'd like to know what some of the best areas of this forum are? This way I can enjoy myself without feeling so intimidated and also meet some cool people. :) Help a girl out? :blush:
Well, if you want to play games you can go to the basement. And if you want to play some mafia game you can go to the cellar

I don't know how I missed your post, but I hope you do decide to hang out in the forums more!

Areas of the forum I love are:

The New Horizons section. There's often threads just discussing opinions about different things on ACNH, there's also a screenshot thread, so you can look at what people have done with their island and comment if you love it!

The Museum. People start their own threads displaying art they create, and they're so talented! There's also a Museum Shop, where some talented people offer to draw your AC rep/villagers or original characters in exchange for TBT bells (forum bells) and some for IRL currency.

Also, Nook's Cranny. If you are missing items from your catalogue or you want materials, there's always someone there selling!

If you're not sure where to start, I think a good place is to just jump into one of the discussions on the New Horizons thread, upload your own ACNH screenshots to the screenshot thread (there's also a New Leaf screenshot thread If that's what you play!) or just comment on AC designs etc. that you like!

Hope to see you around! 😊

I don't know how I missed your post, but I hope you do decide to hang out in the forums more!

Areas of the forum I love are:

The New Horizons section. There's often threads just discussing opinions about different things on ACNH, there's also a screenshot thread, so you can look at what people have done with their island and comment if you love it!

The Museum. People start their own threads displaying art they create, and they're so talented! There's also a Museum Shop, where some talented people offer to draw your AC rep/villagers or original characters in exchange for TBT bells (forum bells) and some for IRL currency.

Also, Nook's Cranny. If you are missing items from your catalogue or you want materials, there's always someone there selling!

If you're not sure where to start, I think a good place is to just jump into one of the discussions on the New Horizons thread, upload your own ACNH screenshots to the screenshot thread (there's also a New Leaf screenshot thread If that's what you play!) or just comment on AC designs etc. that you like!

Hope to see you around! 😊

Thanks for your detailed reply, I'll definitely look around the areas you suggested and see what feels the best to me. :) Much appreciation for the warm welcome, have a great day!

Personally, I just enjoy chatting. A lot of the topics in the different forums just ask your opinions on different features of the game, or what you're doing in your game, etc. and I just like posting there and sharing. This is also a great place to buy and sell items- it's not as busy as some other websites, but the feedback features makes it feel really safe (I've never had any bad experiences). Also, users on here tend to be REALLY sweet and helpful. Can't tell you how many times I've gone to help someone only to see other people beat me to it! Often more than one 😅

When I first joined and started being active, I remember being super intimidated because I'd never joined any kind of forum for a game like this (well, a Pokemon one, but I ONLY used that for occasionally trading). But I found that people were not only super nice, but also super understanding. I remember putting up a big trading thread, only to be overwhelmed by trade requests, and I finally had to say, "Look, I appreciate the offers, but I've traded a bunch of times now and am just feeling overwhelmed (being really social like that can be hard with my autism)" and people were not only okay with it, but also super supportive and were like, "No worries, maybe we can trade tomorrow! Or if not, that's fine, too." To this day I've never had a "bad" interaction- even minor disagreements I've had have quickly been cleared up.

Late hello! Just in case you’re still looking for answers:

My personal favorite areas are:

1. The museum: we have so many talented artists here who post their art here and/or has a shop. I like browsing their art and commissioning art. I just recently started posting here even though I was hesitant and my art is still at beginner level. Everyone here has been extremely kind and encouraging and have given me tips :) (some in another thread that I made in Brewster’s cafe).

2. Island Journals: I love these! I have not kept mine up to date (stuff is still not unpacked in my room and also the projects I do for each post take an hour or more to put together and then the writing part takes another hour or so. It’s a nice place to post a bunch of screenshots or collages I make; I also plan on posting art I bought (with the artists’ permission and credits of course) or got for free. I think these are great since it allows us to be creative outside of the game; for me, it helps me stay interested in playing the game or gives me something to while taking a break.

3. Nook’s Cranny: I love to trade and always find what I’m looking for here; I’m not good at selling stuff though. Trading on tbt is really fun; I’ve rarely had any bad experiences.

4. Mostly AC discussion boards: I’ve made so many friends here and the discussion boards helped me widen my perspective a bit like I used to not like some villagers and have grown interested in some of them.

i mainly like hanging out in nook’s cranny looking for items, discussing new horizons in the ac:nh board and talking in brewster’s cafe

I come here the most for trades! I used to have a shop in the Re-Tail thread for New Leaf where I sold special items and Amiibo villagers. I earned enough tbt through that to start trading for new items in New Horizons. So now I come here the most for trades in Nooks Cranny!
I recommend trading on these forums because everyone is super nice and friendly, and you can find nearly anything and any villager for trade. There are rarely, if any, scams that I’ve heard happening here, since there’s the feedback system it’s easy to see if someone is trustworthy.
I also spend a lot of them discussing or ranting about the game and villagers in the New Horizons forum. It’s fun to see whether people have had the same opinions as me about the game.

Back