• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you do daily on New Leaf? How long do you play each day?

Unless there is a town event that day I wander my town and find the fossils, look for the bell rock and the ore rock, find all of the villagers and talk with them, sell/donate fossils and visit the shops to see if there is anything I want to buy. If I have time to do more I'll visit villagers again to trigger events and anything else that I'm in the mood for at the time. Since I'm still upgrading my house, I'll go to the island in the evening and catch bugs (those last room upgrades are brutal!). Otherwise I tend to play at around an hour at a go and I'm just taking it slow, I feel like I waited FOREVER for this game so I don't want to wear out my enjoyment!

Last edited:
I reset my town a couple days ago because I couldn't stand seeing the obvious time-travel dates from the Town Tree, lol. My usual routine is the same though, if not about getting them bells and collecting items to complete catalog purposes.
- Dig fossils, hit money rock, and greet all villagers.
- Do any tasks that is required to unlock things.
- Shop for anything not within my catalog.
- Water my flowers, re-arrange my flowers, and rearrange trees.
- Fish/Catch-bugs/swim-in-ocean to finish my encyclopedia.
- Get some bells, and do some PWP projects if necessary.

Well, I just basically shake trees everyday. Look for sea shells, sell 'em. Go fishing and catching bugs. :p

Dig up fossils/gyroids, check if any hybrids have grown, remove any unwanted flowers, water all flowers that i want to hybrid and plant fertiliser, give Blathers fossils and sell them, see if a special character is here, talk to my villagers, sort out my wardrobe, sort out my mail, sell unwanted stuff, go to all the shops and then just kinda walk around. i usually play for like 2-3 hours maybe

My playing time varies depending on what im doing during the day.

~Shake trees for bells/items
~Find money rock and ore rock
~Dig up fossils/Gyroids. Donate any fossils,sell the rest and any Gyroids.
~Talk to all villagers as im goin around my town.
~Water my flowers and arrange them if needed.
~Collect my fruit and put them in baskets :)
~Check the shops once they're open for anything i want.
~Check on any pwps iv got in progress
~Check my campsite and town for any new villagers.

Once iv done all that then im happy to open up for visitors :)

During my day il visit the island to collect bugs/fish etc, do some tours and buy some mermaid stuff as im trying to compete the set.
Il visit friends or have friends over.

I just started watering flowers for people who dont have time to do it themselves as i like watering the flowers and its free :)

I talk to all my villagers, check the campsite, check the shops, sometimes do trades and such, maybe go beetle-hunting.
I usually play 2 hours per day, except for on weekends where I play a ton.

Last edited:
Back