• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What are your thoughts on cooking?

The only thing that comes to mind right now is that i dont like how we can cook drinks like a smoothie but we cant hold it like we can other drinks, like the ones we get from redd

i actually really like it as well! i haven’t done much cooking yet myself (i’ve only made about 3-4 things so far), but i’m having a lot of fun with collecting all the new recipes and seeing what all there is to cook! also, thanks for the heads up that one of the recipes is unlocked by catching a blue marlin! that’s gonna be a pain in the butt aha. 😅

I like it a lot! I missed the food items so I'm happy they're back. Cooking also gives us something fun to play around with.

I think its fun but some of the recipes are...strange
I got a recipe for fruit pizza and veggie cupcakes
Veggie cupcakes are in the Sweet tab
and Fruit pizza is in the Savory tab
I'm not really seeing the logic here xD
That's odd they put it there. Fruit pizza is a dessert and it's pretty good.

I find cooking quirky and fun plus it's more decor. I know a few months after launch food items was the common wish. Now we have them.

cooking > crafting
there, i said it. Crafting to me is so unnecessary, but... i love food, so it's going to be my favorite feature lol

one of the best new features, if not the most fun! but honestly, i keep forgetting it LOL. it was kinda sad that it was all just for display, but it is what it is. i'm just not in a hurry to complete it i guess.

it's a way to reinvent the game with a different variation of DIY, but the thing is, DIY's would be in much more of use. this is simply just for decor since we could just eat fruit instead. but i'm not complaining about this since i basically ASKED for this. a year ago i was complaining "where did the food items go?" well, there we have it!

I was really excited about it at first, but less so now. I love that there are more decorative options now, specially since decorating kitchen seems to be my favorite part, but I wish I could cook daily for my villagers without them displaying every dish. If aí cook daily and gift them food daily, they don’t eat it and instead display it in their home like they would furniture; that means if I keep doing this they’ll start replacing things in their home with food dishes and their entire house will be filled with food dishes which is surprisingly not pleasant to look at. I wish there were more crops and more recipes as well. Conclusion, I like it, but I don’t love it as much as I thought I would. I’ve actually already started getting bored of the new update

I like it purely for all the food items it has brought to the game. I like having more than just a small handful of items to work with. Having to gather Ingredients to make the items is just part of the fun.

I enjoy it! Although I do wish we had a few more crops to work with. I hope that becomes an upgrade for the next game, so we can have more dishes to make. I also hope we'll be able to have fruit bushes/crops, like strawberries and raspberries in the future.

I've always been a fan of the smaller non-funiture items (HHD had a lot of them) and the food items fall into that category. And I can finally make a proper tavern.

I remember I wasn't really for the idea so much when people were suggesting it. I didn't want something that was going to be a requirement to keep up with like if we had to feed our users/villagers. However, for the way they implemented it (keeping it lowkey and like the rest the diys), I really do like it and I do like having more plant variety for my garden. All in all, I think it was a good addition to the game.

i think the food is cute/good for decorating! i do wish villagers had favorite dishes i could give them 2 motivate me more tho lol

i think the food is cute/good for decorating! i do wish villagers had favorite dishes i could give them 2 motivate me more tho lol
The food items act more like decorations so even if you give it to the villagers they do not eat it, instead just place it in their home.

i really love all cooking food, they are so cute and well done! (all smoothies are adorable!! but sadly, we can't hold them... ) ;-;

I really enjoy the cooking. It doesn't feel like it's something you NEED to do for game progression, but it's a fun addition if you're interested. I definitely thought the game needed more food items beyond the moon cakes, songpeyon (sp?), twelve grape dish, mom's cakes etc. I'm glad to be able to have different types of foods where you can make say an Italian restaurant or a Japanese restaurant with perfectly themed meals. You can also make a beachside bar with colourful juice and blood orange juice, or a bakery with all the different types of breads (savoury, snack, organic etc). The food items add some imagination into the types of spaces you can create on your island (or on HHP). So I feel like the cooking feature is an "icing on the cake" sort of feature. Not something we necessarily needed and not something that is compulsory to the game, but something I enjoy very much and believe adds appeal.

Well i already said i had wished we could hold drink that we make in DIYs like the drinks Redd sells us, like just a normal drink instead of instant consume it. I would have also liked that the villagers would have a favorite and least favorite drinking/food item, would make it neat but its okey i guess. Does anyone know if the thanks giving event has changed at all after this update?

That's odd they put it there. Fruit pizza is a dessert and it's pretty good.

I find cooking quirky and fun plus it's more decor. I know a few months after launch food items was the common wish. Now we have them.
now that ive been getting more DIY's it seems like A LOT of fruit items are considered "savory" including lots of things that are considered desserts? Like fruit sandwiches ect its really strange o_o

It's alright but it's pretty useless if you're not using the stuff you make as decoration or don't do terraforming to use the energy points you get from it. It's just more DIY recipies to make and get the NMs out of.

I ate one thing and then forgot I had the energy points from it and ended up smashing one of my islands rocks in the process which was annoying as hell for me because I actually liked where that rock was placed. =3=' If you don't have a toilet to get rid of the energy it can be a hassle to deal with.

If eating food was still like the previous games I'd be making all the food just to eat because it looks good and nothing else like I do the fruit in NL. :p

I like it
Its a cute feature and it also helps give more energy to move around trees or break rocks than having to eat a lot of fruit.

I also like the recipes and I use the food diys as decorations for my cafes and restuarants

I also like giving it to my villagers

Back