• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon What Are Your Least Favorite Shinies?

koopasta

Bells
Special Snowflake
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Ruby
Leif
Jack
Let's face it, not all shinies are magical. Some of them are just plain ugly. In this thread, we're gonna talk about our least favorite shinies. This is all for fun, no offense to anyone who likes certain shinies mentioned here!

Okay, I'll start. Pretty much any shiny in an unappealing shade of green is my least favorite. This means Pok?mon like Dragonite, Espeon, and Jolteon. I know a lot of people who like shiny Espeon, but I personally don't see it.

Gengar would be on my list if it weren't for that amazing shiny mega evolution.

Not a fan of shiny Pikachu. For Pok?mon's mascot, its shiny is just lacking.

Rapidash should've had the blue flames like Ponyta. Makes me not want to evolve mine.

Did they even try with some of the gen 7 shinies? Candy Cane Litten I can deal with, but... Kommo-o adds to the "unappealing green" gang, and I can see where they were going with Mudsdale, but.. I don't know.

Post your least favorite shinies below! Remember, these are all opinions and no need to get offended ^^

Shiny lucario is so lame!! They ruined it's perfect blue colour! :/

If you have to squint to tell that it is a shiny, it is a bad shiny. Looking at Pokemon like Blissey, for example.

I don't know that I ever noticed how many shiny Pokemon were just puke-green variants.

Espeon, Articuno, Houndoom, Seel, Scrafty, Ursaring, Zapdos, Solgaleo, Kecleon, Mewtwo, Walrein, Garchomp

And the list goes on...

The ones that are really gross looking, like shiny Machamp and Dragonite. I also really don't like shiny Solgaleo, that's definitely one of the worst I've ever seen.

You mean ketchup lion.. yeah, yikes. Solgaleo is probably my second favorite legendary right behind Yveltal, so it hurts. Yveltal's isn't anything special, either, but at least it spawned the "bacon bird" meme

I dislike normal shiny Groudon and Kyogre, but since they acknowledged their mistake in their primal forms they bother me a lot less now. Other than that, shiny Ursaring is hideous. I'm actually okay with quite a lot of green shinies (including Teddiursa), but the color simply does not fit for Ursaring.

Also since I haven't been too active in Gen 7 I had to search what shiny Solgaleo looked like. That much of such a bright color is incredibly unpleasant to look at. It honestly looks like an unfinished model from a pre-alpha version.

I think shiny Teddiursa is pretty cute.. but for both Solgaleo and Lunala it just looks like they got a color slider and turned the red up as far as it would go.

Any Pokemon where it is quite unnoticeable and any Pokemon who just turn Green or Purple for no reason

Oh god. Quite honestly they're so many shunies that just feel like cop-outs. I really don't like shiny bidoof and bibarel, as they're just...trashy. they still look basically the same.

Also, shiny salamence takes on a greenish colour which I think is quite yucky. Like, no thanks.

Personally I like the shinies that have a subtle change to them such as Gengar, Persian and Garchomp. I prefer my Pokemon to have natural color aesthetics so seeing a shiny pallet that has minimal changes really pleases me - it's when it becomes too messy I have an issue with them. A few of my least favorites would be:

Tranquill: I used to hate the bunch of green shinies but then they grew on me, but Tranquill just has nothing going for it shiny wise, it looks like it has a disease. The Binacle family fall here too but I don't know if that's just because I don't like them as Pokemon.
Hariyama: It's just ugly to look at
Watchog: See above
Krookodile: Personal bias; it's one of my favorite Unova lines, and Sandile has a pretty good shiny, Krokorok's isn't that great, and by the time we reach the end it's got nothing pleasing about it.
Pre-Gen VI Miltank: Not the worst but I don't understand why it went such a vibrant blue when we transitioned into 3D models. It reminds me of something from Farmville.
Helioptile/Heliolisk: I was going to put Solrock on here for the reason that it's just too red, but then I remembered these two exist and they are far worse than Solrock
Jangmo-o line: Same as Krokodile but only Jangmo-o is decent
Solgaleo: Lunala's isn't that great either but Solgaleo's is admittedly worse and sufferers a case of Helioptile-redness
Honedge/Doublade: Opposite of Krokorok; Aegislash looks great, it just comes from two very underwhelming shinies
Terakoin: The red and blue used in it's shiny don't look like natural colors on a Pokemon
Weavile: Eww

Back