• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your favorite Anime-based games?

DarthGohan1

TBT Old Timer
Retired Staff
Bells
Chocolate Cake
Wallopoid
Wallopoid
Pavé
Cake
5 Envelopes
Mailbox
What are your all-time favorite games based on anime (or manga)? Either directly related to the story from an anime, featuring characters from an anime franchise, or something similar.

If I had to pick a few of my favorites, I'd go with a couple of games both from GBA:

* DBZ Legacy of Goku (series) - I enjoyed playing through the storylines from DBZ, and I really liked the graphics at the time, making this my favorite DBZ game... although the original Budokai fighting games on Gamecube/PS2 were also great at the time.

* Yuyu Hakusho Tournament Tactics - a tactics-style turned based game, similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. The game is somewhat simple, but incorporated the main characters from one of my favorite animes with all their special moves in a game format I enjoy playing.

I really like bleach brave souls, can't really think of any anime based game i play on a console or pc

I am a be fan of the final fantasy games esecially 8, and I have recently have been seriously trying to get into the Sword Art pc games but cannot. I love the animes, but the flight mechanics are horrible for me like the GTA driving on the 360

I love Yugioh Forbidden Memories!! The mechanics are very cool and unique.
that was a neat game. i forgot about some good old yugioh games. i really liked falsebound kingdom on gamecube, should check it out if you haven't :)
Post automatically merged:

Dragon Ball Budokai 3, and Budokai Tenkaitchi 3.
Also gotta go with Yugioh, there’s some really good ones.
@ForgottenT were you a fan of the traditional yugioh card battle games, or other ones?
Post automatically merged:

Dragon Ball Budokai 3, and Budokai Tenkaitchi 3.
Also gotta go with Yugioh, there’s some really good ones.
can never go wrong with some solid budokai fighting action, classic fighting games on ps2/gamecube =D

My favorite anime/manga based game that I own is Victorious Boxers 2 on PS2, which is a Hajime no Ippo boxing game. It follows the storyline of the first few seasons of the anime.

I own the first Sword Art Online Vita game but I haven't actually played it yet.

Ni No Kuni I love that game. I was thinking of getting it for the switch even though I have it for PlayStation.

Ni No Kuni is a fantastic game.

I also like DBZ Kakarot a lot...even though many people seem to groan at it. Sure...it got repetitive, but it still had a lot of substance for me. I got 1000G on that game pretty effortlessly. I mean...it took effort, but I didn't mind...because, I was enjoying it.

What are your all-time favorite games based on anime (or manga)? Either directly related to the story from an anime, featuring characters from an anime franchise, or something similar.

If I had to pick a few of my favorites, I'd go with a couple of games both from GBA:

* DBZ Legacy of Goku (series) - I enjoyed playing through the storylines from DBZ, and I really liked the graphics at the time, making this my favorite DBZ game... although the original Budokai fighting games on Gamecube/PS2 were also great at the time.

* Yuyu Hakusho Tournament Tactics - a tactics-style turned based game, similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. The game is somewhat simple, but incorporated the main characters from one of my favorite animes with all their special moves in a game format I enjoy playing.

Valkyria chronicles, and absolute masterpiece of a game.
Disgaea, another awesome game.
No no kuni, speaks for itself.
Final Fantasy X/10, one of my favourites.
Naruto Storm

I'm currently reading vampire knight and watching a little anime called Mai Hime. There is also Mai Otome but I've yet to finish Hime. I used to collect manga, like retro manga, and had a storage facility full of books. I still own them all but they have been moved to the attic and I rarely get time to read anymore with my new software engineering job.

Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness and legend of mana as techincally it did got an anime same as twewy but both suck imo lol oof.

I haven't actually played all that many, but I do remember enjoying One Piece: Unlimited World Red! As I recall the plot was mainly just an excuse to have cool stuff/scenarios happen that wouldn't be canonically possible, but eh, that's fun sometimes too. It also had a fishing minigame which was a blast!

I almost had it 100%'d too but could never get Smoker and Tashigi to appear in town for me.

Back