• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Are You Happy About Today?

sooo i dont like the job i just got hired at, so i interviewed for another place. they seemed to like me a lot and the interview went well, but i wouldnt hear back for 3 weeks.

until, the interviewer called me about an hour after the interview and said she's going to refer me to somewhere closer to my home that i'll hear back from much sooner. i think it's a good chance they'll want to hire me :)

Today I'm happy because:

- I had an easy day of work and got everything done that I set out to accomplish.
- It's Friday and I have a long weekend because of President's Day.
- I'm still feeling pretty decent mentally.
- My dog cuddled with me on the couch this evening.

Haven't posted in a couple of days oops:
  • I got a lot of hours of sleep compared to my typical hours. I felt so energized waking up and happier throughout the day as a result.
  • It snowed last night and when I woke up, it looked beautiful with the sun rising. I had to shovel my front yard, but it didn't take too much effort because the snow was still fresh. Had a little bit of exercise too from all that shoveling.
  • With the pleasant weather continuing throughout the day, I went on a car stroll with my mother and sister. Despite snowing overnight, the road conditions actually weren't that bad since my area cleared the snow pretty quickly.
  • Since I went on a stroll, the car I was driving reached 100,000km (or approximately 62,137 miles) on the odometer very recently. It may not mean much to others, but I'm happy that it hasn't bumped into any major issues at all heading there aside from needing regular maintenance. The car pretty much orbited the earth (which is 40,075km or 24,901 miles of circumference) more than twice LOL.
  • I played GT Sport and completed more events. It's also two more weeks until Gran Turismo 7 releases! Speaking of that game, there's this one music that was released today for it. Upon listening to it for the first time, I immediately liked it! There's something about the tune that gets me moving. For those who are curious, it's called Life's Coming in Slow by Nothing But Thieves. I've been listening to it on loop a few times.
  • I ate some very tasty food for lunch and dinner.
  • Did some drawing today. I know this is really late, but I've just started making my submission for the valentine's event. Still makes me happy regardless since it's been a while drawing stuff.

My blood test went well and I found squishmallows at cvs. I also made chocolate covered strawberries.
A6FA6CF7-5365-4F0C-A589-52960D827A7F.jpeg

posting this later than i intended to, but the past couple days have been pretty good! i’ve been really tired, though, hence why i didn’t post on thursday or sooner. 😅

thursday (02/17)
read 5 new fanfics that i really enjoyed, 4 of which were from 2 of my favourite fanfic writers! reading their stories always makes me happy. 🥰
cuddled with my kitten. she was incredibly sweet and affectionate as per usual (except for when she used my face as a resting stool for her leg so she could lick it, and put her foot in my eye. i don’t consider that affection. 🤣) and i just,, love her so much.
had fun talking to some friends on discord!

yesterday (02/18)
read a new fanfic.
classes were asynchronous today due to inclement weather, so i got to sleep in! until 6pm. 🤦🏻‍♀️
it’s finally friday! i’m more excited about this than usual because i have no school on monday, and had no school today, so i get to enjoy an extra long weekend!
watched the new scream movie with my parents. i didn’t like it, but it was still kind of nice spending time with them lol.
cuddled with my kitten, like i do every day. <3
completed an assignment for school.
got 2x nook points.

• I slipped and fell on the ice on the way to the store today. No I'm not happy about that lol It's just luckily I didn't break or sprain my wrist, I landed all my weight on one hand when I fell and it almost bent sideways and that would have been really bad. But thankfully it didn't and I landed on my right knee pretty hard but I just have a big bump and it will probably bruise. Just happy that I didn't break or sprain my wrist because I'm right handed and that would be very frustrating.
  • I got some food at the store, almost everything on my list
  • My kitty greeted me when I got home, she is so sweet
  • I didn't have a panic attack on my walk to the store, which is really good because I've been struggling to leave the house because of that
  • Took a nice nap earlier
  • I watched a few episodes of Pokémon :)

Some more merch I ordered arrived safely!! I rarely actually make separate orders close together, but they always wind up arriving around the same time anyway. 😅 Got another acrylic stand for my collection and had some decent blind box luck too! Didn't get everything I was after, so I might try again if the it's still around when I have some extra spending money again, but I'm still happy with what I was able to get! c:
I re-organized my bookshelf a bit and was able to fit a few more books on there! I'm... definitely going to need another bookcase at some point though. ^^;
Played a little more DQVII and Desert Island Escape in New Leaf!
My mom baked brownies! They're really good. ;v;
I've been relaxing with some coloring and a nice chill livestream!

I’m getting a Mango Dragonfruit refresher from Starbucks when they open. One of the servers at my job gave me $5 for helping her, so I’m using it for a refresher.
I am happy that I finally watched MHA and it’s a good anime.

(I think I just got started with boring anime at first, because the anime that I’m watching now are actually pretty good.)
I’m happy that I slept very well last night. I’m going back to sleep for a while though after finishing my drink.
I made an Ebay sale and I have the package ready to be dropped off at the post office on Monday morning.
I’m happy that it is almost Monday and that’s my favorite day to work. It’s not busy at all, there aren’t that many people working, and it’s “my Friday” due to me being off on Tuesday.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty well and got to sleep late this morning.
- I didn't have to work and I'm off work tomorrow too.
- I got some chores done today that I feel good about completing.
- I washed the comforter and put fresh sheets on the bed, so I'm looking forward to going to bed tonight.
- My husband finally got logged into the game I originally bought him for Valentine's Day, so I'm happy that he's happy.

i can’t believe my long weekend’s almost over already, but it’s been a pretty good one! ☺️

yesterday (02/19)
read 4 new fanfics, all of which were written by 2 of my favourite fanfic writers! i love their writing so muchhh.
finally began working on my valentine’s day event entry! i know it’s definitely not going to nab me a love potion, but i wanna try my best anyways! the pavé pink feather is super cute, and i’m feeling hopeful about the raffles (mostly since i think the winners are being drawn the day before my birthday, so i’m hoping for some birthday luck LOL)! 🥰
cuddled with my sweet lil kitten. <3
gave someone some posters for free in acnh, and did a trade for the first time in ages as well.
watched liar liar for the first time and really enjoyed it! it made me laugh a lot.
had some delicious food for dinner; fettuccine alfredo with chicken and mushrooms, garlic bread and a slice of chocolate explosion cake (chocolate mousse + crust with pecans, caramel and chunks of cheesecake)! 🤤

today (02/20)
cuddled with my kitten. ^_^
sorry for the horrible quality, but look at how she sleeps. 🥺
DA7C0D8E-9CC1-4442-B17C-F8EE03C168B4.jpeg
watched when harry met sally for the first time and liked it a lot! i normally don’t like rom-coms, but this one is definitely an exception. it was cute, funny, and very fun to watch. :’)
did some much-needed self-care tasks.
completed my valentine’s day event entry!!
a new episode of euphoria came out! i can’t believe the finale’s next week... feels like s2 just started yesterday. 😨

Here's my semi-daily post in this thread!

February 19, 2022
  • I went on another car stroll with my sister and mother. The weather was nice when we left the house, but it quickly got cloudy and snowed eventually. It snowed so hard that the conditions were getting worse. When I turned back, the weather improved in a matter of minutes where it went from hard snowfall with poor visibility to sunny skies. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly it turned around and found myself soaking in the sun!
  • On my way home, I saw a shetland sheepdog not once, but twice! I didn't expect to get cutified twice in a single day by them. Apparently, my mother saw a rough collie, but I didn't see it because I was too focused on the road. If you're wondering, yes, rough collies and shetland sheepdogs look similar in appearance aside from their size and are considered different breeds. Yeah, I'm confused too lol.
  • I played GT Sport and completed more events.
  • I made more progress for my valentine's entry!
  • I logged on to ACNH again after not touching it for a couple of weeks at least. Aside from Stitches who was already sleeping and Gruff nowhere to be found, I got to talk to my villagers again! I even got a new K.K. song in the process. Raymond occasionally wearing the pixel shades will always crack me up haha.
February 20, 2022
  • I drove somewhere today and got some errands done. It was also another sunny day!
  • I ate supreme fries and a crunch wrap from taco bell for lunch and made me full.
  • Played GT Sport only for a little bit.
  • I finally handed in my entry for the valentine's event! Since a lot of stuff happened throughout the day, I had less time to complete it, so I pretty much had to step on the gas (metaphorically) to hand it in on time. Despite rushing it, I really liked how it turned out as the shading doesn't look too bad and the placement of the light source made me think more about what to do. I also took the opportunity to try to draw hands shaking each other as a challenge. Whatever the outcome, I'd take events like this to try to improve my art skills. It's much better for me to fall flat on my face and learn from my mistakes than not bother trying at all.

I was meaning to buy something online, but it was only $5. The site usually has occasional free shipping on all orders, and today was it! This item has been sitting on my cart for two months and today I was able to purchase it!

It’s an item I wanted but did not need (so I didn’t want to pay for shipping, or get to a certain dollar amount for free shipping).

Had the day off uni today because of strikes, so I just listened to a podcast lecture and took notes on essential reading at home, which was a little bit more relaxing than commuting to uni in the rain haha

The weather picked up this afternoon after days of grey skies + storms, so it was lovely to see the sun again!

I also finally have a dentist's appointment at an NHS dentist next month! They've become so hard to get registered to these past 2 years, but somehow my dad managed to get me on the list lol. It means dentist appointments won't be horribly expensive like they would be at a private one. There's nothing wrong with my teeth but I figured I'd get them checked just to make sure 😅

My brother came over last night which was nice. We're both interested in buying our own places rn, so we talked a lot about that.

Back