• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

what are the little things you want?

Playing NL today made me realize another small thing I’d like for them to do.

I know a lot of people have said they want more dialogue. To tie in to that, I really hope that they get rid of tutorial-like dialogues when you’re actually done with the tutorial. It’s just a bit irritating to have had your town for months or years, and villagers are still like, “HEY DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN CHANGE TOOLS WITH THE D-PAD?”

Literally just tell us all tutorial dialogues when we’re just starting, please.

> The ability to have darker skin tones at the beginning of the game (WITHOUT IT FADING orz)

> No more animal tracks (Grass wear) or for there to be a way to reverse it easily (Even though NL wasn't a huge issue, City Folk scarred me lol)

> A way to keep villagers near-permanently. I know that defeats some of the purpose of checking your town everyday but I'd love the ability to lock villagers or for my friendship levels to prevent them from leaving easily. Right now all of my faves ask me to leave and the ones I dislike never want to. The random movement system just isn't working and makes playing a bit anxiety inducing.

> Reset villagers to default phrases / attire. Gimmie my dream town without hacking.

> The RV villagers to all make a return as full time villagers (I advocated for Tybalt so hard when ACNL was announced and cried when he wasn't included. My phone blew up with texts when they announced he was returning for Amiibo and I cried bittersweet tears as I didn't have a new 3ds until now lol)

> Amiibo compatability and for the amiibo cards to make a return to stores

> This isn't a small thing but I'd really like to see more jobs available? Like one player is a mayor, the other one can work like in HHD etc.

> Some backstory for Porter and confirmation that he is Champ (To put our minds at ease)

> I'd really like to see some more villager interactions beyond just doing tasks or inviting them over. If anyone knows Magician's quest, you were able to hang out with other students for long periods of time, get them to follow you, play music with them etc. I'd like to see a lot more interaction on that front.

> More clear villager friendship levels?

> MORE. TIGERS. DANGIT.

Last edited:
I'd like the ability to have seashells in your hair as an accessory. I'd also like the ability to wear multiple layers of clothes too

A safari park, like in the old Pokemon games.

You could catch bugs and fish for the encyclopedia.

I hope the bug and fishing tourneys have special critters, maybe even fantasy-like, as in pocketcamp garden and fishing events and I hope that there is a section in the museum for them and that you can keep them and put them in the house. since in pocketcamp you usually can't keep them.. :/ it just would be cool since some of the designs are really quirky and nice

Last edited:
I've seen lots of pictures lately of Pocket Camp where some of the outfits like dresses and skirts were down to the feet. I would love to see those in the game. Especially the ability to design longer skirts and dresses. That would be great and would make designing even more fun.

I would really like that something like happy home designer was implemented in the new AC, so the ability to work on our villagers houses and modify them. I wish we could maybe be able to add more floors and decorate the garden just like in HHD.
It would be great if we could decide to make the fellow villagers wear accessories too. Wigs, glasses, fake mustaches etc. just imagine how fun that would be! I have a picture in my head now of Marshal with fake moustaches and a top hat xD
Another good idea it would be an upgrade of the cafe. Example, it would be cool if we would need animals suggestions to upgrade the cafe to a little bakery, just like in AC now when we need them to suggest us new PWP. I say that so it wouldn’t be super easy and immediate to have a cafe upgraded, but as would need to build up friendship with villagers. Something that takes a little bit of time and effort. I would like more little games to be played with our animal villagers, more stuff like hide and seek. Maybe some race, to run someplace or to have to find a treasure before your animal friends find it. Some variety of ways to interact and improve the friendship with your favorite villagers!
Another interesting thing it would be if you could actually meet aliens and talk to them, and after you meet them you can build a friendship with them to be able to have them come live in your town xD and building this relationship wouldn’t be super easy. Like maybe having to find specific rare items that other players could help you get someway.
I’d like to be able to adopt birds or little critters that live in the nature and have them as pets! and that you could interact with them. Maybe just simple, basic but cute interactions!
I’d like specially the ability to build things on your town like theatre, hotel for animals from your friends town to come to, zoo, swimming pool, restaurants...
Maybe these are not small things, but seeing some of those ideas they were already there in HHD and someway in pocket camp, I’m pretty positive we could see them in this new game! One can only hope :)

- the ability to rotate pwps

- the option to build paths as pwps? custom paths are cool and all but it'd be neat if you could commission some straight from town hall (also this is gonna sound nitpicky but half the reason i want this is so i can have paths that actually sound... like what they're supposed to sound like? e.g. crunchy gravel, a smoother, flatter sound for concrete)

- speaking of custom paths - the way they look in new leaf can look so clunky and... square sometimes, which is alright if you're going for a more urbanized look and setting down roads/sidewalks but when you're going for something more natural it can look very ehhhh. the ability to make certain parts of the path transparent would be so, so nice.

- more flowers, more trees, more bushes, more outdoor customization in general.

- all rocks are breakable

There's a thousand things I want. Most have already been mentioned here. But here's something I thought of that's totally random and not really relevant at all.

-A new sapling spawn every day

If you get 5 new flowers in the town every day, I think you should also get at least one sapling! It's only natural that trees drop seeds so technically you should see a new tree every day. Whether it's an already planted sapling or just a seed to be dug up, I think it would be a cool thing.

^Maybe to add on to this... we could perhaps dig up saplings and not have them destroyed? That way we can move the saplings around that spawn each day.

Also I don't know about you guys but I'd be pretty happy for flowers to not be able to be destroyed when run through or at least make them have obvious wear and tear that makes it obvious how much more abuse they can take.

Personally i hope there is;

Ways to cross over and interact with other people's camps like you used to be able to in AC:WW
Plant flowers around your home or town / to dig and bury stuff
Message other people like in AC:WW

The ability to choose a skin tone without it fading
The ability to change eyes like maybe adding that feature at the salon
The ability to choose where villagers place there houses
The ability to ride scooters or cars and have more interactive things
During fishing tourney, we fish for special fish like in pocket camp
The ability to change the terrain to different themes like in pocket camp

- The ability to choose where villagers build their houses

- A chore dialog option similar to ACGC

- Little touches like the soccer ball and basketball you could pass to villagers in ACGC

- Being able to decorate in the same way as HHD

It sounds kind of mean, but I did really enjoy the little bit where you could visit and bring medicine to a sick villager in their house...

Honestly I would really like to be able to decide what my players face and eyes would be like in Happy home designer.
I always found it really annoying that you have to look up or just guess what your player will be like through questions. It's awful when in new leaf you accidentally didn't have the bar put a certain way and you ruin the haircut you wanted.
I never fully understood why Nintendo decided to go with that. I also never found a connection between telling rover to sit or go away would make my player look sleep deprived or tweaked out.

Post the quote if you have seen this before but I would like improved hair graphics. Hair getting wet when it rains and falling outof style or when the wind blows flowing in the respectful direction. That would be nice.

I would like them to add Lilacs to the game. I also want outdoor furniture that you and your villagers can use.

Back