Welcome Amiibo Update.

DJjeff20

Bells
Ok so recently I watched ChuggaConroys amazing playthrough of both the original versions and recently the Welcome Amiibo update, and he called the new feature where you can kick out your current villagers if you want villagers you want with the cards cheating. While I do see why he would say this, AC is a life simulation game and people get attached to villagers like they're actual people living in a town and I guess it would take the fun out of it in some people opinion, but if you ask me, the welcome amiibo update is amazing! Having that kind of control over your town where you can have all your dreamies and any villager you want using the Amiibo cards is pretty amazing too(Such a shame that they're all out of print now and getting them through other legit means commands a hefty price, Etsy has very cheap bootlegs that work just fine which i did). What does everyone else think about this? I love it and it add's more control over personal towns. I get why he said this is cheating but it's really not.

I don?t think it?s cheating. I?ve been playing since 2014 and thanks to the Amiibo cards I managed to get Rsocoe as a villager in November 2016. It was sad, in my opinion, to have to get rid of villagers that you liked in hopes of getting a villager that you love. Also, if you replace an Animal with an Amiibo card, they put their house where the previous villager?s house was or close to, meaning you can possibly plan where the house will be so your town won?t get messed up if you have a ton of flowers.

You can get cheap Amiibo cards on EBay as well. I think it just adds another dimension to the game. Use them if you want or just play as before. You now have the choice.

I rather dislike when people call anything short of actually using cheating devices cheating. Time travel, amiibo cards, these things aren't cheating. They're different ways to play the game and people like me have been using the time travel feature since the GameCube game. What would the point of the amiibo cards for the standard villagers even be other than use in Puzzle League and Island Escape if not for scanning them in to use as villagers? Why does he think Nintendo were selling the cards?

The whole "cheating" mindset feels really immature. "That's not how I play or how I see the game, so it's wrong!" God forbid people actually have busy lives where they can't play everyday, or even just prefer the game using time travel. Have a favorite villager that left your town and you don't want to wait through 16 other villagers to reacquire them, or maybe you're having trouble finding them from someone online or through your campsite? Tough luck I guess? The only time anyone should care about someone cheating is when someone is actually cheating with an Action Replay or whatever actual hackers use and they're potentially able to give you an item you can't remove from your inventory or whatever else. Anything other than that is just ridiculous and frankly childish logic. Do you want to play every day, never scanning an amiibo card? Fine, have at it. Just don't go judging other people because they're playing it in an innocent way that just happens to be different from your own.

They are a game mechanic. Nintendo impelmented them and intended for them to be used that way. His not liking the amiibo cards does not make them "cheating". and simply having the villagers you want does not take anything away from the whole experince, so no need to put such restrection on yourself.

I agree with everybody above. But I would also like to say thanks, because I have (and always have lol) TTed but people would generally frown upon it. It’s something I picked up in WW and it’s just how I play. It’s heartwarming to see posters like y’all who are accepting of everyone else. :)

Maybe he meant “cheating” in a joking kind of way? Because it’s my choice to go out to the store, buy a pack of amiibo cards, decide to use them in my game and then decide to optionally kick out a villager. I dunno. It’s hard to imagine that being serious in this context. It’s like me saying “people who use friends to sell their turnips are CHEATERS!” if I don’t. You know?

I don't consider it cheating because it is a mechanic that was created for the game, like time traveling. Whether I choose to use that mechanic or not is my own personal choice based on my own playstyle. Some people like to place restrictions on themselves because it makes the game more fun and challenging for them. As long as they aren't trying to force others to adopt their self-imposed restrictions, I don't see that as a problem either.

I've seen several chuggaconroy videos, and I like him in general. I'd like to think that when he said that he meant he would feel like he was cheating if he did that, not that he was calling others cheaters. But since I didn't see that video, I don't know.

Either way, as long as no one is being malicious or purposefully trying to harm others or their towns, I say "to each his own." Play in whatever manner makes you happy. That's the beauty of games like Animal Crossing. There is no single "right" way to do things. :D

It's only cheating if it was never intentional in the game through an exploit or cheat-device. I worked to get 100 medals to buy a chest on the island and now after the update you can buy it for 3 meow coupons at one of the RVs that visit randomly in the campsite. I forget who it is, Gulliver maybe?

I literally got the chest a day or two before the update. So it kind of sucked that I had to do so much work and now everyone can just get it lickty-split. Does that make it cheating? No, because it's an intentional addition to the game.

What everyone else has said rings true. It's not a form of cheating because it was meant to be utilized and isn't something that requires a third-party device to exploit. If Nintendo didn't want this feature to be used, they wouldn't have put it in the game. That being said, similarly to TTing, personally it would ruin immersion for me. I don't frown upon anyone who does this, though, as everyone has different ways they like to play. Some like to have more control, I'm more along for the ride. Neither one is better than the other, just a different approach.

I agree with everyone else. An intentional game mechanic isn't the same as cheating. Amiibo cards are just an option. If you want to use them, fine. If you don't, fine. However you wanna play is up to you.

I agree with many others on this post, a mechanic put into the game is not cheating, it may only ruin the surprise of getting new characters for some. You aren't made to use them if you do not want to.

LOVE everyone's answers here! ^_^And I think it's a lovely addition. I bought all the amiibo cards and figures when they came out and it's nice to have full control over who lives in my town so I can finally have the dream town I want without the hassle of waiting for villagers to move or TTing them out. Everyone plays differently and it's perfectly ok. It also keeps the game fresh so if I wanna move someone else in I can at my will which is very nice. I also understand people get attached to characters and some play it with a very real sense and that's ok.

I think it's not cheating as it's a mechanic in the game. It also helps you to get your dream villagers. I also love this update, I've started collecting amiibo cards thanks to it.

It's something in the game. Animal Crossing is a game meant to be played at your own level or pace. Time traveling, amiibos, they're all a feature in the game. The game is just affecting your town and enjoyment so I wouldn't call it cheating. If it actively hurts another player then yeah, it'd be bad but your town is yours for the taking!

Back