• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Weird ACNL habits?

koopasta

Bells
Special Snowflake
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Ruby
Leif
Jack
I wanted to make a thread where people can share some of the weird things they do here on ACNL. I personally have a ton of them, but my weirdest one is that whenever I go to an RV in the campsite, I have to sit down in the driver's seat and honk the horn. It makes me really sad if I don't. I guess I just love seeing the NPC's shocked reaction.

Haha I do that too! xD And if you're on the outside while someone is honking the horn, your character will do the shocked emotion! A weird habit for me is that I always feel the need to spin. I'm not sure why, but I feel like I could spend hours trying to spin in a perfect circle without messing up XD I'm not sure if that's weird though because I see lots of people do it. I can't think of any other weird habits though.

When I first start my town, I grab all the flowers from around town and put them around my house. I really like how it gives a wildflower look to my town.

I lined my beach ramps with seashells, which may be strange. I don't think too many people have done that.

something that i recently started doing was collecting all the seashells from the beach and dropping them on my town plaza, so now my plaza's covered in them haha. i think i may use them as deco or something later on

Whenever I sit on benches I have to make sure I "fill" all the available spaces so I'll get up and sit back down in a different place until it's done. Which is why I avoid sitting on them ... This sounds more like a personal problem though tbh lol

I also like to run around with a takeout coffee in my hand as much as possible, so I buy one everyday and just don't drink it until I'm about to go to bed

sometimes i go to pretty dream towns just to cut down their trees and dig up all of their stuff...

I like to write my name,but with my villagers feet when I'm bored LOL. I also like to spin around and when it's raining take off my shoes and socks and listen to the squelching sound on my feet. I also honk the horn to see there eyes and there shocked emotion LOL

I litter my beach with fossils because I want to get complete sets of them to make a miniature fossil figure. If you thought I was done, I tend to bury gyroids, which I probably have around a hundred maybe. Rip my beach. XD

Whenever I get up from the mayor's chair I run as fast as I can out the door... I like trying to get out of the town hall before Isabelle makes it back to her desk. And I'll run around Re-Tail and make Reese chase me. I have no idea why

This is not a nice thing to do but sometimes I'll bury a couple of pitfall seeds in front of a villager's house just so I can watch them fall into the pitfalls during the preview sequence that comes on before the game starts.

Actually, yes I do. It's because it's annoying af that she follows you around re-tail as closely as she does. It's a tiny shop, is she worried I'm going to steal something?

Another thing I like to do on Club Tortimer is get a net and just smack all the flowers until they are gone :B Lol idk why, but it takes a while, so it looks weird when people walk by :v

I hit the plotting fencing with my shovel when a villager plots somewhere I don't like. Too bad that doesn't make them move the plot!

Another one of mine is that when I go fishing in the river, I only do it from the north side of town. If I do it from the south side, I never catch anything.

Another one of mine is that when I go fishing in the river, I only do it from the north side of town. If I do it from the south side, I never catch anything.

I only go fishing at the vertical stretches of river! I can't see anything at the horizontal stretches so I don't bother. Up one side and down the other, and never on the south side

By far my weirdest habit is when I go to the museum in the room with the river fish, I walk around and have the piranha chase me until its banging on the glass is in tempo with the music. Band kid problems

Interesting! I only fish from the south side because I feel like I can see the water/fish shadows better than I can from the north side. The only time I'll try to get something from the north side is when I'm not actively fishing at the time and I happen to see a suspicious fish shadow shape in the middle of me doing something else.

Whenever I get up from the mayor's chair I run as fast as I can out the door... I like trying to get out of the town hall before Isabelle makes it back to her desk. And I'll run around Re-Tail and make Reese chase me. I have no idea why

SAME. I HATE how they follow me, arrgh. Same with Timmy and Tommy and any other shop really.

Another weird habit:
I never run in my town or in the town of another play. When I visit a dream town though...I'm running around like there's no tomorrow. I love running thru flower beds too and destroy them. :C
I'm ashamed of that habit haha. But I swear, I only do it with dream towns xD

Back