• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

we are considering a private politics board

Jeremy

Not an actual piece of furniture.
Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
If you want TBT to have one, we need you guys to prove that you are actually talking about politics.

So this is what you do: PM me a political stance on something (or why you support a candidate for president or congress).

If there are enough messages that are about political issues and where people can take a real stance, we will consider the board and we will go from there.

We had one a long time ago, but there weren't enough people who could handle it... prove to us that that's not the case anymore. This said... you go anywhere on the internet, most people just cannot do it in a realistic and mature way. There are a lot who can though, so let's see if there are enough at this point to actually have a board...

I had to write an essay for school about my favorite president ever. (last week) Can I just send you that?

Jman said:
I had to write an essay for school about my favorite president ever. (last week) Can I just send you that?
I don't see why not. As long as you didn't say he was your favorite because he had a cool beard that is.

Jman said:
Ya

(and prop man is right)

ok, ill be away for the next 2 hrs so dont freak out if i dont respond

Clearly, it should be announced if Prop. Man fails it. It would be the best joke ever.

My stance is that political factions are harmful to America.

Am I in?

PM it to me. And it can't just be a statement. I that to have an explanation.

Also... if this happens, the things sent in may be used to determine who will be invited.

I think certain members with seniority should not need to prove that they have the eloquence and intelligence to participate in productive political debate.

Sizzler_Puddle said:
Will it be a forum that you'll have to get permission to post in?
ya

that's why it's "private"

I think certain members with seniority should not need to prove that they have the eloquence and intelligence to participate in productive political debate.

:rolleyes:

<.<

stormcommander said:

:rolleyes:

<.<
Mm..

Im not sending anything in because:
a.) It will have 0 purpose
b.) Im stuck using the Wii browser (unless I get a USB keyboard)
c.) We shouldnt have a mature level issue at all for this matter. Now if you could learn from my teachers, you could learn to be strict

Mino said:
I agree with that and the simple fact that the administration knows which members are productive and can carry an intellectual debate.

I believe that Bul and Storm could decide who deserves a free right of passage. The ones who they aren't sure about should have to send a political stance.

Bastoise99 said:
Mino said:
I agree with that and the simple fact that the administration knows which members are productive and can carry an intellectual debate.

I believe that Bul and Storm could decide who deserves a free right of passage. The ones who they aren't sure about should have to send a political stance.
1) That's somewhat rankist.
2) If the veteran members are serious about it, they will send one in. If they feel uncomfortable... or anything for whatever reason, then they wouldn't fit in the board in the first place.

We shouldnt have a mature level issue at all for this matter. Now if you could learn from my teachers, you could learn to be strict
This PMing is to see if people are aware of political issues and will be able to discuss them. Maturity is a factor, but not in sending a PM about an issue.

stormcommander said:
Bastoise99 said:
Mino said:

2) If the veteran members are serious about it, they will send one in. If they feel uncomfortable... or anything for whatever reason, then they wouldn't fit in the board in the first place.
"Rankist?" Oh, please. Don't use such terms, I consider that on par with the word "noob" and "spam." Isn't it about time we abandoned the typical vocabulary of the average message board? I remember cringing whenever I would read that on NSider. Seriously, some people....

And I didn't say anything about rank. I've been here since early 2005. If you haven't figured out I'm a liberal Republican by now, you never will.

Mino said:
stormcommander said:
Bastoise99 said:
Mino said:

"Rankist?" Oh, please. Don't use such terms, I consider that on par with the word "noob" and "spam." Isn't it about time we abandoned the typical vocabulary of the average message board? I remember cringing whenever I would read that on NSider. Seriously, some people....

And I didn't say anything about rank. I've been here since early 2005. If you haven't figured out I'm a liberal Republican by now, you never will.
I'd just like to make an announcement. I agree with Mino. That is all.

Back