• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Void villager

LavenderFox

Bells
Feedback
100% (1) +
I have a void villager and from what I've read the only way for her to go away is if I visit someone with 10 villagers. Anybody up for that? :)

Forgive my ignorance, but what does void villager mean? I’ve never heard that term before. TIA!

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but what does void villager mean? I?ve never heard that term before. TIA!

If a villager moves out without being prompted to go to a particular town before they leave, they're in the void. If you have a void villager, they will move to the next town you connect to that has less than 10 villagers. OP doesn't want to accidentally drop off a villager when visiting someone with less than 10 that might not want the villagers they have in the void. The void is cleared when you visit a town with 10 villagers.

Edit: Void villagers also move to towns over Streetpass. Ugh, that's how I got Rocket haha

Last edited:
Just mean to be a little heads up. Actually visiting a town with 10 villagers (or hosting with them) clearing the void is wrong lore that's spreaded out to be common.

Thanks for the info! I knew the process but not the terminology - I swear I still learn new things about this game all the time and I've been playing since the day it came out!

Last edited:
ive gotten a villager from the void before he came the day after i got rid of someone, so i dont think the 10 villager strat works, or it just failed me haha, anyways, good luck!

Back