• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Visiting the Island

Sephiroth

Bells
Switch
0882-4255-6608
Pear (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
So, today since it was my first day back into my game I decided to do some island hopping until I found some with some hibiscus starts (I never found any btw)

So far I was encountering island with people just doing nothing. Literally, it was like they left their screens on and left.

I ended up on this one island with someone who cut down all the trees but 1 and was beetle hunting. Turns out we were in the same city. So I learned they were only playing a week, and so I went to the ADB and pulled out a bunch of bells for them to have since they were new and all. I was shocked to find they didn't want it as they wanted to work for it on their own. Thought it was cool that there are still new people going out and playing the game even after it has been out over 2 years now.

Too bad the DLCs basically stopped.

Hi I recently started playing acnl just this past March and I was doing pretty well with the game just working this out of my own. My boyfriend showed me few web sites to help me along the way.I have love that there are so many people on forums that are still playing.once I visited a few towns of people I met on here it really opened my eyes to my towns true potential.I have been planting and growing and just trying to make my town something special.these months to come will be all new to me I am excited for winter.but I just wanted to say I had a few people help me out once I found forums and it was gravely appreciated.

Haha, yeah ^^ I started playing new leaf this april. I had wanted to get it since it came out but a bunch of stuff happened in my life and I didn't have the energy or reason to get it. Then I thought "ayy animal crossing, I want that!!" and got it. It didn't really matter that it is old, but I'm happy that the community is still alive, it makes playing a lot more fun ;;

I think it's really nice to see players who just got the game, like, it's not like the only ones playing are the ones who have had it for 2 years+ :>

that's refreshing to hear! someone who wants to work for their stuff themselves.

I started playing in April 2015 and I was hesitant to come back to this site to ask for things but I'm glad I did ask for help because I didn't really know what I was doing.

:) I just got the game two weeks ago! I agree with not wanting to work for everything, though... otherwise it doesn't feel like as much of an accomplishment! I didn't buy the game only to have someone make it super easy to unlock everything :p

What are the odds of meeting someone on the island from the same city!? That's awesome that this person told you they wanted to work for their bells, and it was even sweet of you to offer the helping hand. I've had experiences on the island where I've had people ask to wear my crown or items and it's extremely uncomfortable, but at least you found somewhat of a good experience. Good luck on your hunt for those hibiscuses though! If you're still looking, definitely try making a thread at the Re-Tail to buy some.

How do you visit other towns do you need the codes or is there a way to island hop without and when do you access it in the game.

It kinda annoys me sometimes when I see people asking for the full golden tools set when they first start. Like one of the main things is working hard to unlock them and some just want to skip that :/

I've only been playing since late July/early August omg I always felt like I was super late to the party and all that. Glad I'm not the only one who got into it just recently!

It's awesome that people are still picking up AC:NL. One of my good friends irl knows what Animal Crossing is, but he doesn't have any of the games, nor a 3DS. I keep on bugging him to get one over and over again. I'm probably annoying him...but whatever xD

hahahah Im really glad you made this thread! I was really sad to think that people will eventually stop play acnl, such a awesome game! Since you get only one zodiac animal every year, I think the game should last 12 years. Of course, Ill never stop playing it even if it 20 years from now because I made a town that I can admire forever, like a utopia.

Maybe its because my first ac game ever but I will never get tired of my town. I am currently just waiting for 2 last pwps to get and build but my town is pretty much finished. I played on my bf's digital copy for acnl but he moved back home so I had decided to buy my own copy & 3ds.

yes acnl is my first (you read that right, wish I ran into ac earlier) and only ac game so Im not sure if that makes a difference. For me, the whole point of acnl is creating my dream perfect town. If I create a perfect town then there would be no need for another one. I just need my last 2 pwps to obtain and build but its mostly a finished town. I cant wait to sit on the tree in the plaza to read the history of my town and listen to the ending song with credits! I would never restart or delete my town. It took a lot of planning, time, and effort so Im really proud of it. The feeling of finishing everything will last for an eternity and getting all my dreamies, badges, fishes, bugs, diving creatures once is enough for me. I wouldnt want to do it again.

My theme of my town is a summer get away because it is my favorite season. My town is a dream town that I like escaping to when I feel like it. I log unto it everyday just take a stroll around my whole town and admire everything I have designed. I like my town in any season and weather. When i feel gloomy and I log to see that its raining and playing beautiful rain song its pretty neat <3

The best part of acnl is sharing your town and seeing other people's towns through the dream suite, along with giving away a lot of items or paying for pwps for new players! If Im lucky, Ill get a direct tour of an amazing, completed, themed town! At least thats what I think!

I really glad there are still new players discovering and playing acnl!

It kinda annoys me sometimes when I see people asking for the full golden tools set when they first start. Like one of the main things is working hard to unlock them and some just want to skip that :/

I can understand someone wanting the gold Axe because it gets old replacing regular axes trying to re-forest your town.
The gold water can is the only way I know of to turn black wilted roses to gold so that might be desirable also.
Problem is by the time you earn these two tools ... you don't need them so much ... lol.

What is fun is to tease the beggars ... throw down bags of 99,000 bells but crash the island before they can leave with them.

I do love to host turnip sellers when my town's price is over 500 bells ... they are working hard and taking risks to earn bells and are entitled to all they get.
It is a task keeping up with the FC list and watching the town all day incase it crashes.
Everyone seems respectful and very happy to get the chance to earn so much for their town.

Last edited:
Back