• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villagers you had no interest in that changed completely

Vivian. I ran into her on a mystery island and almost didn’t take her since I had someone else in mind for my snooty, but I’m glad I took her! I didn’t know about her prior to running into her either since I never really looked into or had access to any of the Welcome Amiibo villagers in NL. She is so elegant and really fits the very elegant and polite attitude snooties have now.

It's Flip for me. Flip is my starter villager and I didn't like his design at first but he really grew on me and I think he's actually really cute, especially when he makes this face 😯

He also really loves to sing which I find super adorable considering he's a jock. 🥰

Have you ever had a villager you originally had 0 interest in, or just didn't know they existed, only to just completely fall in love?

In my case that'd be Sylvana. I was looking for a replacement for Margie because I just couldn't connect with her, so I had a friend with Sylvana's amiibo card invite her over and let me adopt her. It's only been a few days but I just adore her! Her house is so cute, she has such an adorable design and catching her doing yoga with Marshal one morning melted my heart. I gave her a tweed dress and some other things but she ONLY ever wears the tweed dress. It's her favorite. :) I usually see her out and about carrying a basket near her flower garden.
Didn't know of hopkins existence, found him as one of my diy starters, he's not leaving, the inflatable stays forever

It's Flip for me. Flip is my starter villager and I didn't like his design at first but he really grew on me and I think he's actually really cute, especially when he makes this face 😯

He also really loves to sing which I find super adorable considering he's a jock. 🥰

same! I never cared about him pre-NH but having him on my island made me fall in love <3

Coach was my starting jock villager on my island. I didn't like him at first but he grew on me so quickly.
I was considering moving him out, but I just can't. I really love him. I might move him out to get his actual interior, but I'm not sure.
I even bought his amiibo card so that if I do move him out and miss him, I can move him back in.

Prince was a random move in a couple weeks ago, and I had been reserving his spot for a different lazy frog, Jeremiah, but he stole my heart and now I can't let him go. I'm still definitely gonna have Jeremiah too, I just have 3 lazies now, which... is a little much sometimes.

Lyman. He was my starter jock and totally not on my radar but he was great. It really hurt to boot him out... I thought he was gone for good but he wound up on my husband's island weeks later! The shirt I gave him was in the recycling bin in resident services, and I thought ouch guess he didn't like it after all, but when he moved into his town he still had the shirt! I dunno, it probably sounds dumb, but I was really happy about it, lol. I'm considering moving him back in. Plus his normal house is a cool jungle theme, so there's that.

Pietro. He was my forced campsite villager and I really disliked his design (I was after muted, pastel colours). He's now my favourite (well...it's a close with with Erik) and I've gone with some other brightly coloured villagers to go with him.

Bob! I know he's really popular but I never sought him out in past games. He was a random move in for me and HE'S THE CUTEST. I adore how he runs around smiling. I love this cat with my whole heart.

tiffany. literally never heard of her. saw her in a villager hunt stream and while the streamer didn't like them at all, i was like omg. i need this bunny.

Murphy for me. This is my first time having him and I would never let him go now...lol

My fiancee and I share an island, and when a spot opened up she insisted on finding Dom. So I gathered up a bunch of tickets, ready to settle in for the long haul, and bam. There he was in just one ticket, what luck!

So I invite him over on her behalf, and for a little while I was indifferent to him. I preferred our other Jock, Snake. But I dunno', after a while I just came around to him. Nowadays I think he's really cute and he gets on well with other villagers, especially Colton? Haha. They visit each other nonstop, it's adorable. So yeah! I think he's going to be a permanent fixture on Whale Island.

GENJI!<3 He was one of my og villagers and never planned on keeping him but over time he became my bestie and I love his catchphrase “mochi” he’s just too adorable and even though im not a fan of his house he’s never leaving c:

I thought marshal was super overrated, didn’t really like him. Then I found him on an island. He was the first villager I’d seen, and I had amiibo cards coming, so I took him. Now, I can’t imagine my town without him. He’s so small and cute, and I ended up liked him so much more than I thought I would!

For me it's two!

The first is Fuchsia! She was my starter sisterly and before her, I had never really liked any of the sisterly villagers. But now I absolutely love her! I recently let her go because I want to find her and bring her back again so she gets her properly decorated house!

The second is Pietro. He wasn't my forced campsite but he was like the first or second random campsite after. He asked to move out Phil, who was my forced campsite and I didn't like. And now this clown sheep is never leaving!! I love him

Before New Horizons came , I didn't care for tiger villagers , I liked more wolves , eagles , cats and bears.

However , when the game came out I saw someone had Rolf in their island , and he looked really good! And when I investigated about the other tiger villagers , I also liked Tybalt and Rowan.

Now they are in my island and it's so cool!

Lolly, I never really considered her as part of my final dreamie lineup, and was never really a fan of her, but when I got her as a random normal starter, I just fell in love with her, she's so adorable <3 and now I have decided to make her a permanent resident in my island, replacing the supposed Coco/Kiki dreamie in my final lineup, now I spoil her with Ironwood furnitures to better her basic af starting interior lol

I had zero interest in rhinos at all. I even got Merengue at some point cause she fit my islands theme really well but I let her go soon after cause I just wasn't interested. Then while I was waiting for a cute snooty to appear in my campsite to replace Vivian I got Spike - the cranky rhino with metal horns that calls everyone punk. Moved him in in a heartbeat (and he didn't even ask to play a game!). Most of my villagers were on the small and cute side but now I have 2 smolls, 5 human-ish-heights, and 3 big villagers so my island feels a lot more balnced

For me it’s Moe. I hated him in new leaf but I really love him in New Horizons. I really like what they did with the lazy personality this game

I started out not really having much interest in Dom when I saw the pic of all of the new villagers and now I worship him. He is so CUTE.

Back