Villagers for a cryptid/tourist town?

Cryptade

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
I'm finally gonna try and make a town with a theme and story and try to not restart again,,
I've always used the name "Cryptade" for my towns, but i didn't ever really go far with the theme.

So now I got a pretty good map and layout figured out. I got some PWPs i wanna use in mind and now I just need to figure out the residents. I'm also being flexable by including some things that might be considered mythological rather than cryptozoological and some stretches
If you want a better idea of my town I got a little backstory in my bio on my page if you want a better idea :0
I would have an ape for bigfoot since its an obvious one but i,,, dont really like the apes.

The ones I had in mind
Ruby and Pietro are staying, at least for the long run. bit of a long story for pietro but im fitting him in as a yknow,, a clown because tourist spots tend to have entertainers.
Ruby isn't too relevant to the theme but I've gotten attached and really like the idea behind her and her room. I might switch her out if theres a villager i like much better.

the rest of these are still subject to change
Rolf or Bianca - Maltese/Ennedi Tiger
Raddle - Loveland frog (i know theres probably other frogs that fit better but hes the only one i like honestly) plus why not have a doctor too and kill two birds with one stone
Phoebe - Thunderbird/Phoenix
Velma - Just as a little town investigation partner. Because yknow. Velma
Coco - She'd give the town a bit of a creepier feel despite not exactly fitting the theme as well
Stitches - Voodoo doll
One of the octopi - a huge stretch but maybe to be like a Giant squid? i dont care for this idea that much tho

Id love for any other suggestions for villagers and if you want even suggestions for the town in general? :0

tips for the town in general;;;
; when you finish it up for the dream suite you should have it at night during firefly season. it'll probably look really cool.
; make one of the houses/rooms kind of like a "theorist's" house or a ufologist/cryptozoologist. maybe w/ messy furniture, lots of books, a computer, bulletin boards, maybe stuff hanging up all over the wall, you feel? :D it seems to fit the character of your mayor.
; you might already have ideas for houses but one could be like a mystery house type thing w/ all the touristy stuff, haha.
; make it kind of foresty around the "bigfoot's" house ;)

i'll pop back in if i get more ideas lol

Cryptade sound's like a sports drink.
"After a long day of tracking moth men, I replenish with Organic Cryptade." *Opens bottle and takes a swig* "Drink Cryptade! For the taste you can't identify!" *twitches*

Kyle looks like one of those 'extinct' thylocenes from Australia.
I have no clue how to spell that. Or a shurkin-warkin from Montana. (?)(can't spell that either)

Here are some of my ideas:

An eagle villager for a thunderbird
A wolf for a werewolf (if they count)
Agnes for the Dartmoor Devil
Octavian would make a great kraken

if you're looking for a legit tourist, o'hare is literally a tourist bunny and is named after chicago's airport :')

Back