Green Crescent Moon
Blue Crescent Moon
Enchanted Bloom
Rose Crystal
Citrine Crystal
Caustic Crystal
Opalescent Crystal
Snow Globe
Ok I am really confused. My friend who also has New Leaf is trying to get a 10th villager using his campsite, but for some odd reason he can't get anyone to move in. I thought you could get a 10th villager from the campsite, but I only want to post this here for someone to help clear this up for me because this is getting me confused. Is he just having some bad luck, because I have never had a problem with it. But never tried on the last villager space. Thanks.

as long as there's no roped area indicating that a new villager is moving in, it should be working alright! how long has he been trying for? i'd recommend him emptying his pockets and bells to fasten the process (so that the camper doesn't ask to trade/play games) it sometimes does take a bit of persistence!

Last edited:
Yes, I think all of my campsite movers have been the 10th villager. You just have to be persistent. I think there is a way to get them to not play games, like having nothing on you and no money. That might help.

Do you mean that the villager wont offer to move in? Well it can take quite some time before they decide to actually move in.

as long as there's no roped area indicating that a new villager is moving in, it should be working alright! how long has he been trying for? i'd recommend him emptying his pockets and bells to fasten the process (so that the camper doesn't ask to trade/play games) it sometimes does take a bit of persistence!
For a month, and that is what I don't get. No roped off site. I find it easy and ask him questions and how to do it faster. But somehow he can't get one with is leaving me all confused... can you get a 10th villager from the campsite. I am pretty sure you can, right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, I think all of my campsite movers have been the 10th villager. You just have to be persistent. I think there is a way to get them to not play games, like having nothing on you and no money. That might help.
Hm I get mine from games on like bets. But thanks!

Last edited:
It took me for EVER to get Penelope to move in, in my old town.
I soon booted her out of my town.

Do you mean that the villager wont offer to move in? Well it can take quite some time before they decide to actually move in.
They ask him sometime but always reject from what I remember, its about 8 now. Its been over a month. o_O

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyway thanks you guys. You already cleaned up my question with the 10th villager. Its just how to one to move in for him.... he tells me he talks to them... A LOT. He has had them to ask him the question, but somehow they keep rejecting him...8 times. Is he doing something wrong or bad luck? I have never had that much trouble with the campsite....

Last edited:
Hm I get mine from games on like bets. But thanks!

Well, yeah, they'll have you play rock-paper-scissors to move in, but I mean they won't do the Five Furniture Game or What Did I Eat or stuff like that, which takes away from them asking to move in.

Well, yeah, they'll have you play rock-paper-scissors to move in, but I mean they won't do the Five Furniture Game or What Did I Eat or stuff like that, which takes away from them asking to move in.
Hm really? Didn't know that, thanks. Quick question, do lazy villagers do the rock-paper-scissors game (because they do What Did I Eat a lot...)? I can't remember... I think its all villagers that do rock-paper-scissors. Just making sure because I am aiming for lazy.

Last edited:
I had to play rock-paper-scissors to get Zucker to move in, and he's a lazy.

I had to play rock-paper-scissors to get Zucker to move in, and he's a lazy.
Oh ok thanks.

One more question to ask. Now IDK much about this, but I don't think its possible but IDK. Can a past villager that has moved out of your town for a long time come back by campsite. Can you just get them by random chance or what? I have heard its not possible but at the same time I wonder. Like it could be the same villager but not with the same memory.

It'll have to be after 16 villagers moved out. Then, that animal goes back into the pool and they can show up in your camp or you can grab them from someone else's town.

It'll have to be after 16 villagers moved out. Then, that animal goes back into the pool and they can show up in your camp or you can grab them from someone else's town.
Oh thank you. I already knew the 16th villager rule but I didn't know it was possible for them appear in campsites after that. But wait, I didn't know that you can't get a villager from someone elses town, that you have has moved below 16th villagers and unable to adopt. Is this really true?! Because I am looking for Punchy since he accidentally left my town and I want him back. Hes the only villager that has left my town. So its possible to get him again from another town right now or not? I know this is off topic a bit, sorry.

Last edited:
Sorry if my wording was confusing, but I meant you could have them move in after the 16 by either camp or adopting. No way around that, I'm afraid. :(

Sorry if my wording was confusing, but I meant you could have them move in after the 16 by either camp or adopting. No way around that, I'm afraid. :(
Aww thanks anyway thought. That helps a lot when I am trying to get him. Oh well, at least I had him.

Now this last question. IDK about this since its been months since I have had a new villager. But can villagers try to move out when one is moving in (day one roped land, day two unpacking). Just a question to end this off because if i try and get a lazy from the campsite and time travel forward so that random wifi villagers can't takes it place. IDK how much possibility of a random wifi villager can take a campsite villager's place. Just ask this so just in case none of my villager thinking about moving out, because I don't time travel.

If so what would happen if I got a villager to agree at the campsite, how long would it take for them to appear in my town in roped land? Robin is my only campsite villager and from memory I think it was three days. So what would happen if I time traveled a day forward, another day forward, and then two back because I have heard that counts as a day and one day only? I would play for the days said to check if any villager is moving. But I want to make sure.

Last edited:
I'm no authority on that, but if a camper agrees and you TT, I can't imagine anyone else could take his place. Especially if you don't visit anyone or get streetpassed between getting him to agree and TTing.

I'm no authority on that, but if a camper agrees and you TT, I can't imagine anyone else could take his place. Especially if you don't visit anyone or get streetpassed between getting him to agree and TTing.
Really thanks. But what would happen if I didn't time travel? Would there be a possibility he would be replaced by a random wifi villager? Sorry I did say before that was going to be my last question, its just this just stumping me. It's just... I have heard from a lot of people that say random wifi villagers or streetpass villagers can take a camper's place. But thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I'd probably just not take my 3DS out or visit another town for a couple of days after he agreed to move. The wifi/streetpass character might not even be able to replace the camper you actively asked to move, but I don't know.

I'd probably just not take my 3DS out or visit another town for a couple of days after he agreed to move. The wifi/streetpass character might not even be able to replace the camper you actively asked to move, but I don't know.
I've been thinking about that. Thanks a lot anyway. I've been thinking about cutting my wifi when on of my villagers is about to leave and turn it back on when I have had the campsite villager to agree to move in. IDK I am thinking maybe its the wifi or streetpass villagers have first pick over maybe of you ask a campsite villager to move in (you know, first come first serve). IDK how it works. But it wouldn't hurt to try.

Back