• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villager Move-In Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Improv

i'm a ruin
Bells
I am cycling through the animals in my village at the moment, and Rocket is leaving on the 21st. Once she leaves, I will be down to 8 villagers.

I am on the day after, the 22nd, and I'm wondering when the next villager will set their plot down? I'm going to do the reset trick but I don't want to go too far and get stuck with someone.

I'm asking this because the 9th takes a little longer (if I'm not mistaken) than the rest.

When you have 8th villagers, that the risk that someone will move in via streetpass or natural (still a risk) so starting from 22nd, everyday you need to login with a new characters, check thoughtfully each and every corner, make sure no one had plot their house. But I not sure if you need to save that new character down to remain 8th villagers. Once, I am in your condition now, I checked thoughtfully but maybe I missed some spot or something and later I found ASTRID!! NOOOOOO!! So I guess the best way is get another villager to fill up the 9th spot asap =)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I did that the next day after I am down to 8th villagers, FYI =)

Alright, thank you! I will create a new character each day and save them when I do not find anyone.

It'll take 2-3 days for a new 9th villager to move in naturally (not thru Streetpass or Wifi) and set up a new plot. If you have a missing personality type, then chances are the game will force you to have a new villager of that personality type, but this isn't guaranteed. This is also the best opportunity for you to cycle for a dreamie, though you'll most likely have to make a lot of compromises regarding plot placement!

edit: They can set up their plot in the most unusual/far-flung places, so make sure to really scour your town before saving a new character :0

Last edited:
It can take a few days, pretty unpredictable, but if you are willing to set your clock to a month or so ahead, there will ALWAYS be a plot. The game only gives you a short time before it demands you have a ninth, and I was villager resetting a month in the future and there was a plot every single time.

Thanks! I do not have much worries about plot placement as I've not started landscaping or laying paths down yet. c:

Who knows the random move in can be some of your dreamies? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back