• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

Just saw this posted by someone...

In order to get the aerobic movements as reactions, you need to do the morning stretches 50 times.

I was wondering about that, thank you for the information. Time to get working!

Hey guys! I wonder if anyone can answer me this. What if I don't have time to finish decorating a house for a client in HHP and have to leave the game? Will it assume I've finished, or forget all my progress, or can I just go back the next day and continue where I left off? :)

Also... I love Gyroids :love:

What I did with Bertha was quickly put something together along with the requested items and then told her I was done. She was happy and I got paid and then left for a bit. Returned to work and told them I wanted to visit Bertha and told her I wanted to do a remodel and then continued.

It's weird that it doesn't have a "I need a break, we'll continue this later" option...

ATTENTION GAME BREAKING GLITCH FOUND:

Not sure if its been brought up.

But do NOT redesign your villager's exterior or interior if your gates are OPEN.

It will completely corrupt your save data.

If you started doing so and the gates are open go to your villagers house, go in and then turn off the game to prevent corruption.

Nintendo is working on a patch to fix this.

That sounds fun to have someone you know to play AC with! My husband made a character on my island at launch and played with me for a while, but he got bored. I think he'd like 2.0 + HHP, but it came way too late for him and he has no interest in returning, unfortunately.
I understand that. The thought of going through the tutorial again doesn't amuse me in the least. That is one reason for my hesitancy. Luckily I did save my data of my last island on my pc (I had a completed catalog and diy list) but I am not sure if I can put that back on a Switch or not. It would be nice to have the game on pc but I am not so sure that is possible.
I also have an additional reason that is kinda separate from Animal Crossing itself and more Nintendo related.
I feel like the update I am seeing changes alot of feelings and things I have towards the game so I think I may give it another go. Especially since I won't feel like I have to get online to get certain things like the lighthouses.
I am just happy that my friend is trying it out so I have someone to talk about Animal Crossing with. I don't think we will be playing online together though. She has her own time schedule for things but I would like to play along "with" her by starting my own island. It will be a little bit before I get a copy of NH though.
I can't wait to hear what kind of villagers she likes :lemon: :lemon: or if she starts with the dreaded pears. She absolutely hates pears in real life so I chuckle at the thought.

I was wondering about that, thank you for the information. Time to get working!

What I did with Bertha was quickly put something together along with the requested items and then told her I was done. She was happy and I got paid and then left for a bit. Returned to work and told them I wanted to visit Bertha and told her I wanted to do a remodel and then continued.

It's weird that it doesn't have a "I need a break, we'll continue this later" option...
If you press the minus button to save and quit, it’ll save your progress, and when you load the game again, you’ll be back on your island. When you revisit the archipelago, the client and Niko will be waiting to take you back to the build site and let you continue where you left off.

At which point exactly do you get the ability to redesign your villagers homes? Also, once it ends, do you get new villagers requesting more designs?
If you're referring to the feature to design villager homes on your main island, well not yet. I am still trying to build more homes. But I did hear from a guide that you need to design at least 35 to 40 homes to unlock the feature. I will keep you updated once I finally get it. Its taking longer than I thought.

Last edited:
If you press the minus button to save and quit, it’ll save your progress, and when you load the game again, you’ll be back on your island. When you revisit the archipelago, the client and Niko will be waiting to take you back to the build site and let you continue where you left off.

Good to know! I didn't think about that.

If you're referring to the feature to design villager homes on your main island, well not yet. I am still trying to build more homes. But I did hear from a guide that you need to design at least 35 to 40 homes to unlock the feature. I will keep you updated once I finally get it. Its taking longer than I thought.
Straight after hitting the credits, I went to resident services and tom nook spoke to me about it, and I was able to do it straight away

Okay forget what I just said and @Moritz is right. I went back to my island and went into Resident Services and Tom Nook was saying how he is ready to design villager homes. So yeah it is confirmed after you build the final facility and see the credits you do get the option to design your villager homes. I wish Lottie would've said something about it, but either way thats how you get it.

Okay forget what I just said and @Moritz is right. I went back to my island and went into Resident Services and Tom Nook was saying how he is ready to design villager homes. So yeah it is confirmed after you build the final facility and see the credits you do get the option to design your villager homes. I wish Lottie would've said something about it, but either way thats how you get it.
Awesome! At which point do you reach the credits?

I found this while trying to figure out what is behind the DLC only.
Unlocking Villager Home Redesigning in New Horizons
  • Two Jobs: Paradise Planning Network.
  • Three Jobs: Polishing!
  • Four Jobs: The school facility is unlocked. Complete to gain access to room sizes.
  • Five Jobs: Vine hanging chair DIY, storage space unlocked on second floor.
  • Six Jobs: Earn 9,000 Poki per job, new uniforms unlocked, workbench on second floor.
  • Seven Jobs: Can now summon vacationers with amiibo. Limited to regular villagers.
  • Eight Jobs: Unlocks wall partitions DIY.
  • 11 Jobs: Earn 12,000 Poki per job.
  • 12 Jobs: Customize your polishing effect. Unlocks the café and restaurant facility.
  • 13 Jobs: Can now visit other people’s creations on the Paradise Planning Network.
  • 15 Jobs: Use DIY made furniture in your jobs.
  • 16 Jobs: Unlock roommates for the vacation homes.
  • 17 Jobs: Unlocks soundscapes.
  • 18 Jobs: You can add a second floor to the vacation homes.
  • 19 Jobs: Earn 15,000 Poki per job. Can now summon VIP villagers. (Those who don’t have houses like Isabelle)
  • 22 Jobs: Unlocks the hospital facility.
  • 23 Jobs: Even more soundscapes.
  • 25 Jobs: Gain access to your furniture catalogue when decorating.
  • 30 Jobs: Unlock the apparel shop facility. Talk to Tom Nook to unlock the ability to decorate your own villager’s houses (internal and external).

Had Resetti randomly visit Brewster’s today! Was a nice surprise given I didn’t have an amiibo of his.
Me too! It is good to know we don’t need to get NPC amiibos to have them visit.

Does anyone have the old Roost schedules for NPC visits? Maybe they are using that in ACNH as well. I saw Resetti around 3pm Saturday game time.

How do I invite an Amiibo to do the HHP so that I can do their homes?
I know how to invite my villagers, but I’m wondering about Amiibos that I don’t have on my island but that I have the card for. I don’t really like any of the islanders that randomly show up.
I'm not sure of the exact number, but your unlock the ability to scan in amiibo after a few houses. I got it in 7, I think. You may also need to have the first facility done.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but your unlock the ability to scan in amiibo after a few houses. I got it in 7, I think. You may also need to have the first facility done.
I think I unlocked it right before Lottie pinged me to build the school. I thought it was tied to remodeling so I actually remodeled Eloise’s house before that, so it could be +1 from whatever the house count is for the school

How do you get into the HHP content? I know you're supposed to get a call from tom Nook or something like that, but when does that come around if say, you started a new island before the update? Is it only if you hit 3-stars?

EDIT: Nvm! Someone already answered someone who asked the same question earlier. I'm gonna have to get residential services upgraded soon. x3x. Might do a little TTing.

ATTENTION GAME BREAKING GLITCH FOUND:

Not sure if its been brought up.

But do NOT redesign your villager's exterior or interior if your gates are OPEN.

It will completely corrupt your save data.

If you started doing so and the gates are open go to your villagers house, go in and then turn off the game to prevent corruption.

Nintendo is working on a patch to fix this.

Oh my, that is a nasty oversight. Thanks for the head's up.

How do you skip Kapp'Ns song??? I just kept doing emotes! Lmao.

Back